DFino

It was only a matter of time. Jadidi giving impassioned speech to what appears to be his cult. Iranian fans please translate. (*vid*)

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

For starters, the 3000 times he said he had proof of collusion. Mueller debunked that. 

I shouldn't get into this but Mueller debunked nothing of the sort. He only said that he was going within the DOJ guidelines NOT to indict a sitting president so he didn't take a stand on the issue either way.

28 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I shouldn't get into this but Mueller debunked nothing of the sort. He only said that he was going within the DOJ guidelines NOT to indict a sitting president so he didn't take a stand on the issue either way.

You might be conflating Mueller's report on obstruction with his report on collusion. These are separate issues. I realize I am quoting Attorney General Wm Barr when I write this, but the report on collusion found that "No American Colluded with Russia". I am not going to find the report and cite the page number because it would take too long, so here is an article from the anything but conservative USA Today.

Mueller specifically states in the report that he did not focus on “collusion” because it is not a term of art in federal criminal law. Instead, Mueller said he focused on deciding whether the Trump campaign committed conspiracy — a legally defined crime — and on “coordination,” which is not a legal term but which the special counsel defined as “more than the two parties taking actions that were informed by or responsive to the other’s actions or interests.”

Mueller said he did not establish that “the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/18/mueller-report-trump-never-colluded-russia-obstructed-justice-narrative-column/3506033002/

Edit: I realize there is a cottage industry devoted to re writing or spinning The Mueller Report for political ends. The too lazy to read the report eat this stuff up.

I actually read the report in the days following its release. I am completely confident in my pov that if Mueller's hyper partisan lawyers, people like Andrew Weissman and Jeannie Rhree, and the full legal team that including support staff according to wiki totaled  37 lawyers ... if they could have charged Trump with a crime, they would have. 

Finally, I do not start these political discussions here at themat.com. I tried to eradicate them by reporting threads, a few of which were closed. The problem with that tactic is that many threads are not closed and many overtly political posts come into this forum, usually by the same people. So while my responses are equally political, they are only "in response" and only to present the opposing POV. If the political commentary does not come to the board, which would be the best outcome for all, then no response would be necessary. 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

No he didn't

Well he had 37 lawyers trying to find some sort of crime, and he refers to collusion on page 180 of the Mueller Report. He then speaks of conspiracy statutes, FEC law, and several other statutes. And with all that weight behind his report he found nothing he was willing to indite on. Nothing. 

And, just because that whole thing was politically driven in the first place, take note he never once dives into the other side of the story, Democrats colluding with Russians and Ukrainians during the run up to the 2016 election. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Well he had 37 lawyers trying to find some sort of crime, and he refers to collusion on page 180 of the Mueller Report. He then speaks of conspiracy statutes, FEC law, and several other statutes. And with all that weight behind his report he found nothing he was willing to indite on. Nothing. 

And, just because that whole thing was politically driven in the first place, take note he never once dives into the other side of the story, Democrats colluding with Russians and Ukrainians during the run up to the 2016 election. 

Not indicted != debunked.  Also, politically motivated?  A Republican  president is investigated by a Republican appointed former FBI director while the House and the Senate are Republican controlled - Sounds more like a cover up than a witch hunt!

24 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Not indicted != debunked.  Also, politically motivated?  A Republican  president is investigated by a Republican appointed former FBI director while the House and the Senate are Republican controlled - Sounds more like a cover up than a witch hunt!

Your comment completely lacks context.

18 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Your comment completely lacks context.

I'll provide it for you.

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

For starters, the 3000 times he said he had proof of collusion. Mueller debunked that. 

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

No he didn't

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

44 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

On 11/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, TBar1977 said:

I realize I am quoting Attorney General Wm Barr when I write this, but the report on collusion found that "No American Colluded with Russia". ...

Mueller specifically states in the report that he did not focus on “collusion” because it is not a term of art in federal criminal law. Instead, Mueller said he focused on deciding whether the Trump campaign committed conspiracy — a legally defined crime — and on “coordination,” which is not a legal term but which the special counsel defined as “more than the two parties taking actions that were informed by or responsive to the other’s actions or interests.”

Mueller said he did not establish that “the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government.”

Look, the report said a lot of things. It pointed to a lot of suspicious behavior, inconsistent cooperation and dishonesty from the White House, pretty obvious destruction of evidence by Bannon and Erik Prince. If you want to hear me and another liberal lawyer (I'll say it so you don't have to) talk about it while citing specific evidence and laughing at the corruption and incompetence (and deflating some of the more hyperbolic accusations) have at it. The "evidence" of a parallel effort of Democrats collaborating with Russia or Ukraine is literally nothing. As in, people say it but there is nothing to point to, it's just something people on talk radio say to muddy the waters.

Edited by ugarte

Swing and a miss. Rinse and repeat.

Look, you can cite anything you want and I could cite issues on your side just as easily. You will claim that what I write (on any issue) has been looked at and dismissed by everyone (ala Joe Biden) and I will do the same. We can then be a microcosm of America right here on themat.com.