Sign in to follow this  
KTG119

Hidlay v Early

Maybe it's just me, but I think Kaleb Young is one of the most underrated guys in the country regardless of weight. He never seems to get mentioned in conversations like this. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's at the top of the heap at the end. He and Hidlay split in high school.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think Kaleb Young is one of the most underrated guys in the country regardless of weight. He never seems to get mentioned in conversations like this. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's at the top of the heap at the end. He and Hidlay split in high school.

Funny enough I think Hidlay said in his recent Flo interview that Young won. I didn't get the indication it was a split.

Just now, nhs67 said:

Funny enough I think Hidlay said in his recent Flo interview that Young won. I didn't get the indication it was a split.

Young may have won the most recent match up. Young talked about it in a recent interview on flo too. I think Hidlay may have beaten Young at districts or something and then Young avenged the loss at state.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Young may have won the most recent match up. Young talked about it in a recent interview on flo too. I think Hidlay may have beaten Young at districts or something and then Young avenged the loss at state.

Oh yes. I think you are correct.

5 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Way different districts,  Tbar is wrong and Hidlay is from nowhere close to Pittsburgh and YG.  Hidlay is from the Lewistown area which ironically is the first semi-major town south of State College.

https://gopack.com/news/2019/11/15/wrestling-9-packwrestle-opens-season-with-22-11-win-over-old-dominion.aspx

Hidlay over Early 6-4, and Wilson Dec Perry 3-2 

Some other upsets in this dual:

Shane Jones dec #10 Thomas Bullard 3-2 at 165

Killian Cardinale dec #13 Jakob Camacho 6-5 at 125 (I’m sure Tbar will point out that Teske beat Cardinale last year.  So did Aguilar of Rutgers)

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

Was it three takedowns to four escapes for the Hidlay vs Early match or how did it play out?

1st period: Hidlay got a takedown and then early escaped. 2-1 Hidlay

2nd period: early escaped. Early then got a takedown after a high level scramble. Hidlay escaped. 4-3 early

3rd period: Hidlay escaped and then got the winning takedown with 4 seconds left. 6-4 Hidlay 

Early matches up really really well against Hidlay . Their match tonight didn’t disappoint. 

15 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

1st period: Hidlay got a takedown and then early escaped. 2-1 Hidlay

2nd period: early escaped. Early then got a takedown after a high level scramble. Hidlay escaped. 4-3 early

3rd period: Hidlay escaped and then got the winning takedown with 4 seconds left. 6-4 Hidlay 

Early matches up really really well against Hidlay . Their match tonight didn’t disappoint. 

thanks for the breakdown. sounds like a great match.