Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Most religious D1 wrestling program?

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Do our coaches and athletes need to express those beliefs publicly every opportunity? 

No, but I think you exaggerate a bit. You are looking for it because it bothers you. It doesn't bother me (and I am not religious) so I don't really even notice it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Christianity isn't dangerous, but some Christians are dangerous. The same goes with any religion. It isn't the religion that is dangerous, it is what a minority of religious people turn it to that is dangerous.

And many have tried to wipe out religion by force and by fiat as well. Everywhere Communism goes the Church gets destroyed because it is deemed dangerous. Atheists deem it dangerous as well, and they have this commonality with Communists.

When I win the presidency and institute my communist regime, I, Bernard Sanders, will permanently ban religion and all church activities due to their dangerous nature, but only for TBar. Everybody else is chill and welcome to carry on as normal.

As my great idol, Chairman Mao, once said: "Church is for chumps, Hidlay was robbed, and Iowa will be your 2020 team champs."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, russelscout said:

Do our coaches and athletes need to express those beliefs publicly every opportunity? 

 "I think everyone agrees on someones right to be religious." You answered your own question - part of the right is to express it. 

"People sharing their disapproval with religion is not an invasion of religious peoples rights."  As is the people sharing their approval of religion is not an invasion of anti-religious peoples rights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Idaho said:

As is the people sharing their approval of religion is not an invasion of anti-religious peoples rights

Youre right. Its not, and no one is stopping the coaches and athletes. They are criticizing it. I dont think it should be stopped either. However, it is still a little different. I am not representing a state funded institution.

Edited by russelscout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

This board has shown 1,000 times over that we're incapable of having religious/political discussions without the conversation devolving into a complete dumpster fire.  Why are we still having these?

Because people keep bringing their religion and politics to the board. If they would simply refrain from doing so, and limit the talk to wrestling, then we wouldn't have this. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PABuck said:

This forum is a good example of this. You have several members who jump on every opportunity to complain about or make fun of other people's religious beliefs and you have members like Jimmy who like to create those opportunities. Yet, rarely if ever do you see anyone promoting their religion here even though there are certainly many members who are religious.

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, russelscout said:

People sharing their disapproval with religion is not an invasion of religious peoples rights. I have the right to be anti-religious in my own beliefs just as you have a right to be pro-religion. 
 

You can believe what you wish, but when you post disapproval of others beliefs what do you expect? The corollary would be if a religious person came to the board to post their disapproval of Atheism. When have we seen something like that posted as a thread starting comment OR as a first shot in an otherwise uneventful thread, as was done in this thread when dmm posted that article claiming religion is dangerous. Just when on themat.com does this happen the other way around? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

When I win the presidency and institute my communist regime, I, Bernard Sanders, will permanently ban religion and all church activities due to their dangerous nature, but only for TBar. Everybody else is chill and welcome to carry on as normal.

As my great idol, Chairman Mao, once said: "Church is for chumps, Hidlay was robbed, and Iowa will be your 2020 team champs."

You may not be that far off. Bernie has flirted with the idea of a "religious test" for certain public service, something other politicians have also firted with from time to time. Not only is this sort of "test" plain bad policy, it is also unconstitutional. Not that the dumb old constitution matters to him. Its only a tool to be used when it suits him, just not when someone who stands opposed to him is standing on firm constitutional grounds. Then he gets wishy washy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

You may not be that far off. Bernie has flirted with the idea of a "religious test" for certain public service, something other politicians have also firted with from time to time. Not only is this sort of "test" plain bad policy, it is also unconstitutional. Not that the dumb old constitution matters to him. Its only a tool to be used when it suits him, just not when someone who stands opposed to him is standing on firm constitutional grounds. Then he gets wishy washy. 

 

Ahhh, now you are all about the constitution. When it is convenient only. 

Edited by russelscout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...