Mphillips

Cox to Ohio RTC

I'm not sure if J'Den needed a change more than the Ohio RTC needed J'Den, but it seems like a mutually good fit. Nice facilities, new perspective - really great for Kollin Moore and MyMar imo.

Bader in Flo interview. He's going to train there part time and split time with the OTC in Colorado Springs. FWIW he's already been at Ohio RTC, was there last year for a few days he said. He also said he knows what weight he is going but won't say. My guess is 97kg because of weigh in rule changes. I wonder if Snyder knew that before his move....

Edited by DocBZ

He said he knows which weight he wants to go, but won't say until he gets on the scale. Does that mean it's still up in the air depending on the progress of his cut/bulk up, or is he saying no one will know until he weighs in?

35 minutes ago, pamela said:

He said he knows which weight he wants to go, but won't say until he gets on the scale. Does that mean it's still up in the air depending on the progress of his cut/bulk up, or is he saying no one will know until he weighs in?

Being as he doesn't need to bulk up, really... I'd say if he starts looking like Skeletor in his interviews we'll know.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Being as he doesn't need to bulk up, really... I'd say if he starts looking like Skeletor in his interviews we'll know.

You mentioned Skeletor, I thought of Bones
Bone-Thugs N Harmony are from Ohio. 
I think it's a pretty strong hint he's going down. 

I wonder how much a specific athlete changes the overall value of a program. It's obviously a great piece to have formally committed. 
But what generates the cash. 
Is it advertising, appeal to recruits at the college level, appeal to get more elite athletes in the senior program. 
Just curious. 

47 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I wonder how much a specific athlete changes the overall value of a program. It's obviously a great piece to have formally committed. 
But what generates the cash. 
Is it advertising, appeal to recruits at the college level, appeal to get more elite athletes in the senior program. 
Just curious. 

Well recency bias says that Cox is the most dominant wrestler in the world.  He didn't surrender a single point and looked like more the part of a monster doing it.  tOSU being able to say 'We have Cox coming in to roll with you several times a year for a few weeks at a time.'

Now that isn't me saying he is the most dominant.  I am just stating what results show, and not every recruit, dare I say MOST recruits, don't know the landscape of the world internationally.  They don't know that 92kg was the 2nd weakest weight in freestyle, they don't know that Sadulaev could win a world title at whatever weight he chose(including 125kg), and they especially don't know that the 86kg champ from this year was the champ at 86 last time Cox was there and he teched the guy 10-0 that beat Cox in the semis 6-3.

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

92kg was the 2nd weakest weight in freestyle, they don't know that Sadulaev could win a world title at whatever weight he chose(including 125kg), and they especially don't know that the 86kg champ from this year was the champ at 86 last time Cox was there and he teched the guy 10-0 that beat Cox in the semis 6-3.

But they more likely know that Cox twice defeated the 86kg champ from last year who is also the only man to beat the 86kg champ from this year dating back to when that guy first  won worlds in 2017.  I don't know why we are talking like this.

7 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

But they more likely know that Cox twice defeated the 86kg champ from last year who is also the only man to beat the 86kg champ from this year dating back to when that guy first  won worlds in 2017.  I don't know why we are talking like this.

Precisely correct.  Cox is the hottest name right now.  That is all I mean.

Sadulaev could win a world title at whatever weight he chose(including 125kg)

Don't lob these fishing softballs at me.....
Blasphemous, preposterous, incredulous, outrageous, ludicrous, all of the words... if you dont believe what you type, what do you believe

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Don't lob these fishing softballs at me.....
Blasphemous, preposterous, incredulous, outrageous, ludicrous, all of the words... if you dont believe what you type, what do you believe

I do believe a Sadulaev that doesn't cut down to 213(did you notice the difference in the size of his back the last two years-he's grown), would win 125 keggers right now.  The 125kg monsters would make it interesting (Geno/Akgul), and I do think a Yazdani and Cox match with him would be fun(at 97kg, obviously), but right now?  He isn't losing.

Unless Bo Nickal gets his hands on him.  He'll be counting the lights as he gets helped off his back.

Last part is a joke.  The rest is my opinionated truth.

He doesnt waltz over Sharifov much less those mammoths, and I think its a little disrespectful to those legit heavies to think he stands a chance.
We've all seen the Snyder vs Agkul workouts... the skill is the same but throw on 40+ pounds and its a blowout.
I think he'd be a likely bronze, but cant see him crushing either of the top 2.
I genuinely dont think he's a lock for gold at this years Olympics

Love him, and his speed, agility, strength, are seldom matched, but prepare for some roadblocks this year. Would love to see him vs Jden or Yaz

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

He doesnt waltz over Sharifov much less those mammoths, and I think its a little disrespectful to those legit heavies to think he stands a chance.
We've all seen the Snyder vs Agkul workouts... the skill is the same but throw on 40+ pounds and its a blowout.
I think he'd be a likely bronze, but cant see him crushing either of the top 2.
I genuinely dont think he's a lock for gold at this years Olympics

Love him, and his speed, agility, strength, are seldom matched, but prepare for some roadblocks this year. Would love to see him vs Jden or Yaz

I don't think he'd crush the Akgul or Geno.  I just think he is a better wrestler, and at that level size isn't going to be what determines the winner.

I don't think he'd crush the Akgul or Geno.  I just think he is a better wrestler, and at that level size isn't going to be what determines the winner.
See i feel like. Once all the elite factors are equal. Size 100% determines the winner.

If its Datin Fix vs whoever Tennessee Chattanooga is throwing out at 141 you take the Fix based on skill. But if its Fix vs Mckenna at 65kg you simply think "Fix isnt big enough" despite who you favor skill wise.

30 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

See i feel like. Once all the elite factors are equal. Size 100% determines the winner.

If its Datin Fix vs whoever Tennessee Chattanooga is throwing out at 141 you take the Fix based on skill. But if its Fix vs Mckenna at 65kg you simply think "Fix isnt big enough" despite who you favor skill wise.

That is where we agree.

Where we don't agree is the skill factor. I don't believe any HWT is as equally skilled as Sadulaev 

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That is where we agree.

Where we don't agree is the skill factor. I don't believe any HWT is as equally skilled as Sadulaev 

Fair  Disagreement. 
Doubt we ever see it, but don't doubt we see Cox vs Sadulaev and Cox vs Yazdani in the coming years, and I'm all in on Cox on both. 
I'm a little less confident against Yazdani, only in that he "likes to score" vs top guys. I think Cox could negate that underhook but still, I have some doubts. 
Saduleav has a tendency to occasionally  settle into the "Old J'den" style of matches. He is better at it than J'den was, but he's confident he won't be scored on against the elite, but does little to create his own offense sometimes. I genuinely think a Cox vs Saduelav match would be dull for 5:20, but those 40 seconds of action would be special. 3-2 for one of them (COX)
Anyways Bring on the Yaz vs COx and Nickal vs Tank Olympic finals of 2020

Edited by spladle08