Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Ohio State at Pitt

Dual starting.

Kollin Moore majored Kellen Stout.

Now Thomas vs Singletary. Singletary wins 8-3 with over 4 minutes of riding time, almost all of which saw Thomas bellied out with his face on the mat. No way to look at that match and not view it as a poor performance from Thomas and a good performance from Chase S. 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Singletary is looking good

What did you think of Thomas' effort there from bottom? He looked like a true freshman in week 1 against a real good upper class top wrestler. Very little effort to get out. 

Edited by TBar1977

Man Malik let’s goooo

They need Decatur to drop or something. I like Heinselman a lot, but Ohio state needs AA threats at every weight. I’m still annoyed he didn’t redshirt. He could’ve used the year. 

To me, he is missing some size and has some defensive things to clean up. He is a lifetime 125er, so that isn’t the reason. 

They have serviceable backups here and Decatur could eventually drop. It wouldn’t kill them in duals.

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Man Malik let’s goooo

They need Decatur to drop or something. I like Heinselman a lot, but Ohio state needs AA threats at every weight. I’m still annoyed he didn’t redshirt. He could’ve used the year. 

To me, he is missing some size and has some defensive things to clean up. He is a lifetime 125er, so that isn’t the reason. 

They have serviceable backups here and Decatur could eventually drop. It wouldn’t kill them in duals.

Perhaps they don't want to extend his scholarship to 5 seasons?

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Man Malik let’s goooo

Decatur’s missed weight for 133 last weekend at an open him at 125 is starting to look like a pipe dream 

15 minutes ago, NYWRESTLER94 said:

Decatur’s missed weight for 133 last weekend at an open him at 125 is starting to look like a pipe dream 

Just saying... but... Decatur may be one of those "heralded" recruits that doesn't pan out as expected.  Kinda like how Hoffman is wrestling right now.

5 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Just saying... but... Decatur may be one of those "heralded" recruits that doesn't pan out as expected.  Kinda like how Hoffman is wrestling right now.

I thought that they may be the case, as he tends to gas even in freestyle due to his constant explosion. If his lungs couldn’t keep up with his advantage, then he would be in trouble. He is also not great on bottom. 

All that said - he apparently was the best 125 and 133 in the room. Considering some of the talent there, that says something. Tom Ryan wouldn’t have considered putting him out there if he was getting soundly beaten. 

Hoffman hasn’t looked good in a long time. 

23 minutes ago, NYWRESTLER94 said:

I know, but if that’s his chance to start this year, he may do it. He physically isn’t huge I don’t think. He isn’t used to cutting. 

Imagine how crazy it probably feels for a true freshman in his home state at his dream school, where his coach says their best shot at a title is him dropping. Or even if he wasn’t told that, it isn’t hard to figure out. He is going to try for sure. He wants to be the hero

4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Man Malik let’s goooo

Very frustrating to see Malik not look noticeably bigger and ripped over last year.  Known problem, didn’t seem to take advantage of the college lifting program and dedicate himself.  He could get upper body help from Nato and lower from Pletcher!

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I know, but if that’s his chance to start this year, he may do it. He physically isn’t huge I don’t think. He isn’t used to cutting. 

Imagine how crazy it probably feels for a true freshman in his home state at his dream school, where his coach says their best shot at a title is him dropping. Or even if he wasn’t told that, it isn’t hard to figure out. He is going to try for sure. He wants to be the hero

125 is a huge cut for Jordan.

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I thought that they may be the case, as he tends to gas even in freestyle due to his constant explosion. If his lungs couldn’t keep up with his advantage, then he would be in trouble. He is also not great on bottom. 

All that said - he apparently was the best 125 and 133 in the room. Considering some of the talent there, that says something. Tom Ryan wouldn’t have considered putting him out there if he was getting soundly beaten. 

Hoffman hasn’t looked good in a long time. 

House I assume you're referring to this year because if you're talking about last year then I have to disagree. He had an excellent Redshirt season. He was 25-3 and beat Loew of Cornell, Jack Jessen of NU twice and Marriott of Mizzou. His losses were to Drew Foster, Mason Reinhardt and Emery Parker by 1.

He certainly has not looked good this year although losing by 5- to Bonacorsi is not horrible although I don't know how he looked in the match. I'm just not sure what's going on. The cut should not be bothering him at all. He is smaller than my kid who wrestles at 174. Even though he wrestled at 195 and even 220 in high school but I doubt he ever got anywhere near 220lbs and he seemed to have a lot of chunk on him. All that being said he has certainly not wrestled well this year or in freestyle at the end of last year but hopefully he'll turn it around.

4 hours ago, Ultimatepip said:

Romero is looking pretty good this year, I wonder if the weight cut last year was too much for him?

Man I thought he looked really good against Stanford. I don't know the caliber of the kid he wrestled but Romero went hard for all 7 minutes. Seems much, much improved over last year.

10 hours ago, Ultimatepip said:

Romero is looking pretty good this year, I wonder if the weight cut last year was too much for him?

Romero has taken awhile to adjust to college but he seems to have figured out how to finish cleaner and avoid positions in which he's not comfortable.  We'll see how he does in the Big Ten but he's off to a nice start.