Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Hot Take: VT at tOSU

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

You gotta say out coached. People are gonna try to call em toss ups but tOSU was slight favorites in a bunch of those loses.

Idk sasso getting pinned is just one of those random wrestling things, Helisman can’t get off bottom that’s not a secret, and kinner is a freshman cutting a lot of weight , the Ohio state guys battled the match Virginia tech just wanted it a little more today 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Idk sasso getting pinned is just one of those random wrestling things, Helisman can’t get off bottom that’s not a secret, and kinner is a freshman cutting a lot of weight , the Ohio state guys battled the match Virginia tech just wanted it a little more today 

Kinner lost to another freshmen. Heinselman not being able to get off bottom is a reflection of coaching. 

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Kinner lost to another freshmen. Heinselman not being able to get off bottom is a reflection of coaching. 

I’m pretty sure Ohio state has spent over a year working with heislman on bottom but he’s still undersized and some guys just don’t have it at this level, he really could’ve used a redshirt 

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I’ve watched Kinner for a long time. Was a beast on top but thats harder to make work at this level. Never really had great leg attacks and that will always be a problem. Heiselman got outhorsed again. Will this ever not be a problem?

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m pretty sure Ohio state has spent over a year working with heislman on bottom but he’s still undersized and some guys just don’t have it at this level, he really could’ve used a redshirt 

Prata is not bigger than most 125 guys but he looked quite a bit bigger than Malik 

1 minute ago, AnklePicker said:

I’ve watched Kinner for a long time. Was a beast on top but thats harder to make work at this level. Never really had great leg attacks and that will always be a problem. Heiselman got outhorsed again. Will this ever not be a problem?

Yeah as was said Prata is known for being tiny too. 

This can all be explained away but I see a pattern. tOSU doesn't lose on talent, they don't lose on resources......what are they unlucky?

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

This can all be explained away but I see a pattern. tOSU doesn't lose on talent, they don't lose on resources......what are they unlucky?

Track record is pretty good the last 10 years

1 hour ago, KTG119 said:

No ****. Respect HokieHWT!

Appreciate it. I have it on DVR due to. “Gender Reveal”. I may have sucked in college but I follow the sport pretty closely and can gauge wrestlers. Remember, I picked Lewis as a NC last September after he won worlds.

44 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Pratt’s arms looked twice as big. 

I’d like to see them bring in a fresh asst coach. An outside perspective. Someone high energy. Ryan could carry that load for awhile but he’s not getting any younger.

I’ll say this. Robie is a hell of a head coach. He was running the show before Dresser even thought of leaving. Kevin focused on fund raising and recruiting. Kevin is a great coach as well, just in a different way. Remember when he was at Christiansburg he brought in Weber to run things. Same model is being followed as ISU I’d bet.

Frayer, Brewer and Walz are top notch assistants and I hope we don’t lose them anytime soon but someone will call on Frayer within the next two years.

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I kindof agree that Heinselman should’ve redshirted last year, but would that have really made him any better this year?  Pretty much the point of redshirting is so that you can trade your freshman year for a year after what would’ve been your senior year.  At this point though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new recruit replace him before he graduates.  

20 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I kindof agree that Heinselman should’ve redshirted last year, but would that have really made him any better this year?  Pretty much the point of redshirting is so that you can trade your freshman year for a year after what would’ve been your senior year.  At this point though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new recruit replace him before he graduates.  

He should’ve shirted this year. He should’ve been lifting all summer. 

Maybe he is just one of those rare guys who isn’t big enough and never will be