boconnell

OSU v Lehigh

Good dual so far.

141 Lehigh over Hone

149 Lewallen 4-0

157 Humphreys hammers Sheets 16-2

165 Witcraft 3-1

174 Kutler over Shomers 20-6

184 Montalvo was down 8-4 after 1.  Weiler gassed bad and Montalvo was up 15-11 when he cranked him over from neutral for the 3rd period fall.  OSU had zero chance without this match.

197 Geer bumped up right now. 

12-11 OSU in the dual.

Edited by boconnell

6 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Good dual so far.

141 Lehigh over Hone

149 Lewallen 4-0

157 Humphreys hammers Sheets 16-2

165 Witcraft 3-1

174 Kutler over Shomers 20-6

184 Montalvo was down 8-4 after 1.  Weiler gassed bad and Montalvo was up 15-11 when he cranked him over from neutral for the 3rd period fall.  OSU had zero chance without this match.

197 Geer bumped up right now. 

12-11 OSU in the dual.

That would be Wittlake, as in Travis Wittlake. 

For a 2nd straight match a Lehigh guy does whatever is like 2 levels worse than gassing.  Jakobsen was down 1-0 to Geer half way through the 2nd and then gave up 6 go behind TDs without resistance to lose by MD 14-5.  And Geer scored the last one with :40 left.  He could have had 3 more if he needed them.  

Austin Harris could be the latest 197 backup to turn into a decent heavy.  He clearly isn't good yet but there are tools.  

The big difference in the dual so far has been outclassed OSU guys (shomer and Harris) saving bonus points while Lehigh guys didn't at 184 and 197.  Without Smith and GFeller wrestling Lehigh was favored but it doesn't look like they'll win.

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

paetzel got kinda slapped around too, did that TD cost them the dual?

Looks like it.  I don't like OSU forfeiting there.  The announcer said earlier they tried to weigh in two at 133 and one failed skin check.  Not sure why the other didn't wrestle.

Also it's interesting they are wrestling Montalvo at 184 and Geer at 197.  Having a bunch of 197 wins is what screwed Geer and got him seeded 26 last year at 184.  I guess they haven't learned that lesson yet.  Or they value the dual win.  

Interesting.  Lehigh announcers immediately said it was OSU by 4th criteria (they didn't mention what 4th criteria was).  

Did anyone on the sidelines know who won when the match ended or did it get sorted later?  If it was later that's pretty embarrassing.  Especially if OSU forfeited with a man available.

11 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

I'd much rather have duals end in a tie than have this kind of confusion.

Me too but I'm sure people jumped the gun thinking Oklahoma State won. I'm sure once the officials went over and checked everything they announced who the winner was but a lot of times announcers think they know and prematurely announce the winner.

2 minutes ago, Peso said:

We brought 2 at 33, but one failed skin check and I don't know if Witcraft was injured against Drexel or not.  Congrats Lehigh.  This ties the series at 1-1.  In college wrestling there are very few teams that are even or ahead in their series with OSU.

I'm pretty sure Lehigh and Ok St have wrestled more than twice