boconnell

OSU v Lehigh

2 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

So Plasmodium your argument has switched from OK State got a raw deal to concern about HIPAA rights?  Not really sure they apply when your standing in a room with 20 some odd other wrestlers, coaches, media etc all within ear shot.......No one is giving any specific diagnosis, just guesses......you are clinging to this argument because that is all you have left, which is fine......but just so you know, it's an embarrassing look........

Whoa please.   Read what I wrote.  I made no judgement as to the validity of the skin check, only to the publication of the specifics - which I maintain is inappropriate.  The OP I responded to did give an exact diagnosis, but it has been removed.

Edited by Plasmodium

40 minutes ago, ugarte said:

That one person has ruled that Plasmodium failed skin check.

Lehigh won this dual despite two wrestlers finishing one point short of a tech and three guys wheezing their way through the third period. Did Bethlehem have a higher altitude than usual?

The diagnosis was too many picked scabs.  I'll be back in a week or 10 days.

28 minutes ago, Asa Packer said:

"Did Bethlehem have a higher altitude than usual?"

No, but it was about 90 degrees F in Stabler.

That will sweat some chocolate milk out of the Big Red come March. :)

Okay, Asa! 

I'm going to give you the Post of the Week, Lehigh Edition.

(Too much!  lol)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

John Smith show on  radio - Said Witcraft practiced with the team today, so he doesn't have a skin issue. Said the Lehigh coach was not responsible for the disqualification controversy. Also said Conner Wilson did not weigh in because Witcraft was healthy and a go.

Have to say for such a legend in the sport John Smith acted like a child with the refs throughout the meet. Seemed not familiar with basic mandatory stalling after a 5 second count, and he pretty much cried his way thru the entire dual meet. At the end he basically ran through the coach handshakes while blasting out some choice expletives heard by many. MH thinks quite possibly he was more upset at the prospect of returning to Stillwater, Oklahoma than the result of the dual. MH's guess is that we won't be seeing them on the schedule anytime soon. 

I suspect that Smith was mad at himself.  A fan on the OSU wrestling forum wrote that Smith, on his weekly radio show, said that he had brought a back-up - Wilson - whom he hadn't required to be able to make weight on Saturday because he didn't wanted him to have to cut twice and didn't think he'd need him since Witcraft had wrestled on Friday.

Seems to me that whether LU's doctor was wrong or not (and I'd love to know the facts on that issue), Smith was clearly a heavily contributory cause of the default. Since Wilson had made weight the day before, how much of a burden would it be on him to be able to make it the following day? Smith says that he was only 1/2 pound over at weigh in and that, apparently, was without him trying to make weight. And at the time Smith made the decision to not require him to be able to make weight on Saturday, how could he be sure that he wouldn't be needed? Even if Witcraft had been seemed fine on Friday, some illness or injury could have popped up subsequently. Why bring a backup on a long trip if he's not prepared to wrestle?

Edited by witwhiz

2 hours ago, Mountain Hawk said:

Have to say for such a legend in the sport John Smith acted like a child with the refs throughout the meet. Seemed not familiar with basic mandatory stalling after a 5 second count, and he pretty much cried his way thru the entire dual meet.

Smith and Zeke Jones are neck-and-neck for the biggest matside whiners in coaching.   Two legends, but it's hard to watch them at times - nonstop complaining. 

Edited by Gantry

On 11/16/2019 at 7:37 PM, boconnell said:

Good dual so far.

141 Lehigh over Hone

149 Lewallen 4-0

157 Humphreys hammers Sheets 16-2

165 Witcraft 3-1

174 Kutler over Shomers 20-6

184 Montalvo was down 8-4 after 1.  Weiler gassed bad and Montalvo was up 15-11 when he cranked him over from neutral for the 3rd period fall.  OSU had zero chance without this match.

197 Geer bumped up right now. 

12-11 OSU in the dual.

Every time I think it's Sheet's time to shine, he lets me down.