Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Stanford 21 - North Carolina 11

With at LEAST two starters not in their lineup yesterday the Stanford Cardinal defeated North Carolina 21-11 - and there were a couple of surprising upsets as well.  At 157 lbs Stanford's unranked starter, Tyler Eischens, upset # 16 ranked A. C. Headlee 4-3.   And at heavyweight Stanford's unranked David Showunmi upset # 20 ranked Andrew Gunning.

https://gostanford.com/news/2019/11/16/wrestling-cardinal-knocks-off-tar-heels.aspx

I wrote "at LEAST two starters" because Stanford had true Freshman Jackson DiSario at 125 lbs rather than Gabe Townsell and at 149 lbs Stanford had Steven Abbate rather than Requir van der Merwe.  However I'm unclear if Stanford's starters yesterday at 184 lbs (True Freshman Nick Addison) and 285 lbs (RS Senior David Showunmi) will be the starters this season at those two weight classes.   I had thought Stanford's starters at those two weight classes this season would be Judah Duhm (184 lbs) and Haydn Maley (285 lbs).

18 minutes ago, Bronco said:

With at LEAST two starters not in their lineup yesterday the Stanford Cardinal defeated North Carolina 21-11 - and there were a couple of surprising upsets as well.  At 157 lbs Stanford's unranked starter, Tyler Eischens, upset # 16 ranked A. C. Headlee 4-3.   And at heavyweight Stanford's unranked David Showunmi upset # 20 ranked Andrew Gunning.

https://gostanford.com/news/2019/11/16/wrestling-cardinal-knocks-off-tar-heels.aspx

I wrote "at LEAST two starters" because Stanford had true Freshman Jackson DiSario at 125 lbs rather than Gabe Townsell and at 149 lbs Stanford had Steven Abbate rather than Requir van der Merwe.  However I'm unclear if Stanford's starters yesterday at 184 lbs (True Freshman Nick Addison) and 285 lbs (RS Senior David Showunmi) will be the starters this season at those two weight classes.   I had thought Stanford's starters at those two weight classes this season would be Judah Duhm (184 lbs) and Haydn Maley (285 lbs).

Well to be fair North Carolina was down 2 starters as well #1 Austin O,Conner and #13 Devin Kane but this is definitely the most exciting to watch Stanford team I can remember. I watched Addison wrestle in high school and I don’t believe he was ever a state finalist but coming in as a true freshman he’s looked pretty good I hope he stays the starter and didn’t waste a redshirt for some November duals 

I'm not at all familiar with North Carolina so I appreciate your input on this.  However Stanford MAY have had as many as four starters not in the lineup yesterday.  But it could well be that it was only two starters out for Stanford yesterday  if Addison and Showunmi continue to be the starters for Stanford 184 and 285.

P.S. I wish I had thought of the name you chose here.   Well done on the "Antritroll" choice.  I couldn't agree more on that.

Edited by Bronco
addition