cangemi

Make your Olympic team picks

Well I am a big fan of Pico, but (1) I don’t believe that he’s ever coming back to Freestyle Wrestling,. (2) and even though he is training MMA, and doing some wrestling, but so is everyone else, so it’s hard for me to think that Pico is passing our top guys. 

I said that I am a Pico fan, but no way being away from wrestling is he in contention.  He has been training full time for MMA in the "B" league and has a bad track record at 4-3 and having been knocked out a couple of times.  What makes you think that increased focus on wrestling will give him better results than his MMA results?

1 hour ago, Scorenomore said:

I said that I am a Pico fan, but no way being away from wrestling is he in contention.  He has been training full time for MMA in the "B" league and has a bad track record at 4-3 and having been knocked out a couple of times.  What makes you think that increased focus on wrestling will give him better results than his MMA results?

Maybe because when he was a recent high school grad, what 19, he made the Olympic team trial finals against Molinaro and could have won.  If Pico comes back, he beats Zain, as he always has.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:31 AM, Scorenomore said:

Bellator is definitely not B league. That dont have as much depth of talent as the UFC. However they have a lot of great up and comers and veterans.

His mma results has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling.  He has got KO'd because he has been standing in the pocket and trading with his opponents and making fights exciting. I am sure he could go in there and take everyone of those guys down and hold them down and eek out decisions. 

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Desanto at whichever he chooses. 57 or 65.

:) 

Real talk though, I feel like Vitali is getting undervalued here... don't think he makes the team but i bet he knock off a top guy or 2 between now and the trials. 
Desanto can't make 57 (I dont think) and he's just too small for 65..... has a good shot to do something strange come March though.  Good showing. 

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

The proper action wouldve been to put him in 2 spots, not none

No way, I had him as a pick'em against Taylor or Snyder and since I don't see J'den on the card I'm not picking him.    :D

Edited by 2td3nf

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

The next US Open is 2021. Just how deep does the Pico conspiracy go?!?!

Okay. If I need to spell out the event that is taking place in lieu of the 2020 US Open called the 2019 Senior Nationals, then you ser are a ponce.

Edited by nhs67

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Where is this rumor coming from?  I mean I heard Snyder going up to 125 too, but....

I think he was just stirring the pot(Pico). If he goes I doubt he competes. That is a 'I'll believe it when I see it' scenario through and through for me.