cangemi

Make your Olympic team picks

Taylor....if hurt then Nickal...Just don't see a sucked down Cox beating these two especially after Bo having a full year of Freestyle at HIS IDEAL WEIGHT

Hate that I've heard this a few places now.
What are yall considering a full year? A few months of practice with 2 competitions?

Either way. War Cox. Whatever weight he goes (I assume down) hes the clear favorite.

10 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Hate that I've heard this a few places now.
What are yall considering a full year? A few months of practice with 2 competitions?

Either way. War Cox. Whatever weight he goes (I assume down) hes the clear favorite.

????  His last folkstyle competition was March 2019, and Olympic team trials are April 2020, so it will be over a year.  What is so confusing?

????  His last folkstyle competition was March 2019, and Olympic team trials are April 2020, so it will be over a year.  What is so confusing?
Let's see how much he gets out and competes in Mens Freestyle events. I'm sure itll be a "Full years" worth.... I'd guess 2.... ..and I do know Jden only has the resources to cut weight like a middle school kid. So I also expect the cut to go poorly. And when he gets "sucked out" like that he performs soooooooo poorly. That's why he missed that one world team :) and didnt medal at that other world competition. Just wish he'd take it more seriously.

Seems like the word is that Cox is going 86kg. Hmmm.  If Taylor is staying hurt, ok, good move for the team.  

But if Taylor is going to be back to form I would have preferred he go 97kg.  Snyder needs to be pushed domestically.  And perhaps Cox is the guy to regain gold.  

On 65kg .... Zain is not showing much promise on international stage this past year.  Having some new blood is good.  But for some reason I’m concerned about Yianni.  Very interested in how TX goes.  If not one of them, would enjoy seeing JO turn it up a level.

I've heard a lot of things the last couple days, something to the affect seems like the word is Cox going 86.  Just asking if these are coming from something other than message board talk or is that pretty much where the word is coming from? (I.e are these words coming from anyone that would actually know?)

Just a thought to nibble on... Cox is training at tOSU, who has equal displeasure of PSU (Taylor, Nickal) and their traitor (Snyder), therefore tOSU team is keeping quiet in an effort to stoke the message board fires

On 11/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

How would you say anything has passed him by.  He is still very young and All of his moves that worked before would work now. 

And you do realize he is probably wrestling  every day.  Yeah he is also training in other arts, but he is thinking about making a run, I'm sure he is going to focus a lot more of his training on wrestling. And then probably wrestling full time after his fight in Jan.  

I think his experience and maturity only make him better.  

I am a huge Pico fan, wrestling fan, but he has been concentrating on MMA not wrestling for the better part of 4 years. There is nobody in the world who is anywhere near as good as they used to be in anything after taking 4 years off. Why do people think he is going to try and make the team in Mexico? I think he was a once in a generation talent in wrestling but right now he is an average MMA fighter at best and not an elite wrestler. 

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

If Pico is a "once in a generation" talent, what does that make Yazdani?  :)

Iran's once in a generation talent that continued with wrestling and reached the pinnacle. Although its hard to call Pico a once in a generation for the U.S, being that in 2016 he failed to make the team while KS beat the defending Olympic Champ on his way to becoming an Olympic Champ, and J'Den Cox was shocking the world with an Olympic medal of his own.

Edited by Lurker

If Pico's obstacles weren't enough to go for the Olympics, there's no way someone who does night before weighins at 145 in MMA is going to be able to do multiple same day weighins at 143.  So he's either at 74kilos, will be wrestling at 65 while on death's door or has been competing at a weightclass too heavy during his MMA career.   None of those are a recipe for success...

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Iran's once in a generation talent that continued with wrestling and reached the pinnacle. Although its hard to call Pico a once in a generation for the U.S, being that in 2016 he failed to make the team while KS beat the defending Olympic Champ on his way to becoming an Olympic Champ, and J'Den Cox was shocking the world with an Olympic medal of his own.

Also, Yazdani smoked him like a Thanksgiving salmon.

So are we all in agreement that if we see Pico go, he will undoubtedly earn the spot at 65 keggers or 74 keggers?  Whichever he chooses to go?

What happens if Desanto goes?

And they both go 65 keggers?

Does this mean that we have to send two gents at 65 keggers?

What happens if Desanto goes?
And they both go 65 keggers?
Does this mean that we have to send two gents at 65 keggers?

Correct. USA wrestling didnt think it was necessary but they already released a statement explaining this.

The IOC praised the decision.
Strong chance for double champs in 2020

1 hour ago, nom said:

Honest and sincere request - can people stop bringing Pico up?  

Some of us had legit discussion of why Pico most likely won't be at Sr Nationals and where he is today in his mma career. Pico was our 65kg alternate for 2016 Olympics. Totally related to the international forum. Why the militant censorship of Pico discussion? 

Nom, not trying to pick a fight, but you're ok with the thousands and thousands of nonsensical posts here, then some of us have a real discussion on Pico and we need to be shut down?

41 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

He makes a good point@nom what did Pico ever do to you :)

Real talk though. It feels about as pointless as Abas or Cejudo talk... but it passes time.

What if DC comes back :)

He accidentally punches Snyder and neither can wrestle the finals.

Nickal then pins Unattached Sadulaev at the Olympics for Gold.

Mokoma, I am also a big fan of Pico, but I don't believe we will ever see him back wrestling Freestyle, I think that ship has sailed. Secondly, if Pico were to compete, I can't see him winning the US Open, I just don't think he has been wrestling enough.