cangemi

Make your Olympic team picks

Not to be a downer, but is everyone really so sure that we are going to qualify all of these weights?
Yes, this isnt Greco. We have good enough athletes to qualify the weights.
However would suck if somehow we didn't, I can see the biggest issue being heavy and 65kg. But its top 2 at pan ams right? I would assume we at least knock out 86kg, 57kg, and one of the 2 other weights there.....
Then obviously somebody would need to go to the super weak final qualifier and turn in a good performance.

But man I think for the most part we should qualify at pan ams, with obviously the Cubans being the biggest hurdles for our guys.

1 hour ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Not to be a downer, but is everyone really so sure that we are going to qualify all of these weights?

Part of the game. Little extra excitement. That was the coolest thing when J'den went over to Mongolia and not only qualified but won the whole thing. No pressure baby.  :D

But yes, it'll be a major downer if USA doesn't qualify all 6 weights. I'll be shocked and upset if our MFS studs don't qualify all 6 weights.

23 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yes, this isnt Greco. We have good enough athletes to qualify the weights.
However would suck if somehow we didn't, I can see the biggest issue being heavy and 65kg. But its top 2 at pan ams right? I would assume we at least knock out 86kg, 57kg, and one of the 2 other weights there.....
Then obviously somebody would need to go to the super weak final qualifier and turn in a good performance.

I don't know that the final qualifier is going to be all that weak at 65.  There are going to be a number of good athletes there.  

Totally agree but Tobier is seemingly our only hurdle at Pan Ams right? Am I forgetting somebody.
Heavy we've been solid
57kg has Ortega
86kg is tough but we have olympic finalist talent
And 65kg has Tobier
.on second thought.... everyone should be qualified after Pan Ams, unless we send Downey

22 minutes ago, GenralLee said:

57 Fix

65 JO

74 Dake

86 Taylor

97 Cox 

125 Snyder

All 6 capable of winning Gold!

Go USA

Sadulaev may still be allowed to compete.

So that leaves three golds maximum in 57, 74, 86.