PinFallRecruit

Olympic Team Qualifier Spots

Updated after Sunday morning session. All the qualifiers are set from Sr. Nats.

Dieringer (86) and Oliver (65) stole bids in freestyle.

Victoria Anthony (50), Areana Villaescusa (53), Emma Bruntil (62), Forrest Molinaro (68), Victoria Francis (68) stole bids for the women.

Sam Jones (60), Dalton Roberts (60), Alejandro Sancho (67), Kamal Bey (77), RaVaughn Perkins (77), Patrick Martinez (87), Lucas Sheridan (97), Cohlton Schultz (130), Jacob Mitchell (130) stole bids in Greco.

Edited by PinFallRecruit

On 12/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, PinFallRecruit said:

Updated after Sunday morning session. All the qualifiers are set from Sr. Nats.

Dieringer (86) and Oliver (65) stole bids in freestyle.

Victoria Anthony (50), Areana Villaescusa (53), Emma Bruntil (62), Forrest Molinaro (68), Victoria Francis (68) stole bids for the women.

Sam Jones (60), Dalton Roberts (60), Alejandro Sancho (67), Kamal Bey (77), RaVaughn Perkins (77), Patrick Martinez (87), Lucas Sheridan (97), Jacob Mitchell (130) stole bids in Greco.

Schultz too. He won BF.

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

For what? Ranking points?

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah what is the significance of Rome?

It provides ranking points for the Pan Am Qualifier. https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6561898-uww-rankings-series-changes-for-2020

Worlds, Rome, and Pan Am Championships are the only shots to be seeded. They seed top 2 (must have 2 points though). 

6 minutes ago, PinFallRecruit said:

It provides ranking points for the Pan Am Qualifier. https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6561898-uww-rankings-series-changes-for-2020

Worlds, Rome, and Pan Am Championships are the only shots to be seeded. They seed top 2 (must have 2 points though). 

I didn't realize you were projecting Pan Am Seeds, I thought you were saying something towards the "Olympic team qualifier spots".

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I didn't realize you were projecting Pan Am Seeds, I thought you were saying something towards the "Olympic team qualifier spots".

There are the team spots for the OTTT, yes, but there is also quite a bit on Olympic qualification as well. The spot doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't get to go. 

Added in everyone from the preliminary roster submission for the Pan Am Olympic Games Qualifier.

Added in results of the first day of Greco. Seeds are set for the qualifier (pending change of entries) once weights are completed.

I'll update the commentary based on the entries list if I get time during the week as well.

3 hours ago, PinFallRecruit said:

Added in everyone from the preliminary roster submission for the Pan Am Olympic Games Qualifier.

Added in results of the first day of Greco. Seeds are set for the qualifier (pending change of entries) once weights are completed.

I'll update the commentary based on the entries list if I get time during the week as well.

Thanks PinFall.

Updated after Pan Am Qualifier is completed. Now that most of the entries are confirmed, it should be possible to start drawing brackets/seeds based upon the rules laid out in the qualifying procedures, so I will work on that as I get a chance.

On 3/15/2020 at 3:00 PM, pamela said:

Thanks! Is it clear how 65kg will be seeded for trials?

This is the seeding criteria. Without digging into results and going off memory I would guess it would be something like this:

Edit - Made an actual attempt to seed based on results. You can find it in the first post under the respective weight.

Edited by PinFallRecruit

On 3/15/2020 at 4:40 PM, PinFallRecruit said:

This is the seeding criteria. Without digging into results and going off memory I would guess it would be something like this:

1. Retherford

2. Oliver

3. McKenna

4. Yianni

5. Lee

6. Molinaro

7. Ashnault

When is the last chance qualifier. If they don't qualify the weight?. Isn't this useless?

I must say I am ignorant on the procedure. Can some one tell me how it works.

Thanks