Marcus Cisero

Chat at Iowa

On 11/18/2019 at 6:46 AM, The Downington Destroyer said:

With all these PA kids Iowa has a formidable line up.  The Brands are fortunate to have the likes of Coach Jody and Young Guns to feed their program.  Otherwise, they would wallowing in the Big 10 with Northwestern, Michigan State and Indiana.

Sweet man. Good thing they got all those guys then!

Edited by russelscout

37 minutes ago, pamela said:

Is Nelson Brands wrestling up a weight, and did he win the starting spot? I guess I was surprised to see him at 184.

Wrestling way up and beat a solid guy too. Craziness. I can’t believe more people aren’t talking about that here. Not many 174 pounders can take out a ranked 184, and certainly not guys walking at 176! He is a normal sized 165er. 

10 hours ago, The Downington Destroyer said:

With all these PA kids Iowa has a formidable line up.  The Brands are fortunate to have the likes of Coach Jody and Young Guns to feed their program.  Otherwise, they would wallowing in the Big 10 with Northwestern, Michigan State and Indiana.

I wouldn't group Northwestern with Michigan State and Indiana. If anyone belongs there it would be Maryland. 

NU had two train wreck years in 2016-2017 where everything that could go wrong went wrong (Tsirtsis tragedy, transfers (jncluding Micic), injuries), but they've righted the ship and beat Northern Iowa yesterday.  

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Wrestling way up and beat a solid guy too. Craziness. I can’t believe more people aren’t talking about that here. Not many 174 pounders can take out a ranked 184, and certainly not guys walking at 176! He is a normal sized 165er. 

I don't think he walks around at 176. He said that was the weight Tom told him to be at, presumably so he can wrestle 174 next week if necessary. I bet he could walk around in the low 180s. Still a tiny 184. He'd be a big strong 165 and an average 174.