Sign in to follow this  
uncle bernard

The Brace is Back

Lee with the big knee brace again today and completely gassed after the first period, nearly ending up on his back multiple times in the ensuing periods. Not a comforting debut for hawk fans. Hawks look flat in general to me (except for Desanto who is incapable of ever being flat).

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Lee with the big knee brace again today and completely gassed after the first period, nearly ending up on his back multiple times in the ensuing periods. Not a comforting debut for hawk fans. Hawks look flat in general to me (except for Desanto who is incapable of ever being flat).

He is not 100 percent. It's "obvious".

This feels the exact same as threads at this time last year. Let’s recap last years Lee threads: gasses easily, mono, pinned by Picc, dominated by Rivera, etc etc. Then peaked in March and won his second national title. I’m nowhere close to an Iowa fan, but these threads crack me up. Make no mistake by March 19 Spencer Lee will be ready to roll and is the huge favorite to win his 3rd national championship. 

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

But it was only the mono plague. No need to worry. He will be fine in March. 

If he gets it in stereo, watch out. 

You know, there's something unsettling about the tremendous joy you take in seeing an opposing athlete struggle to compete at his best. I haven't seen any Iowa fans jumping for joy because Conel got hurt today. Aren't you like 50?

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

You know, there's something unsettling about the tremendous joy you take in seeing an opposing athlete struggle to compete at his best. I haven't seen any Iowa fans jumping for joy because Conel got hurt today. Aren't you like 50?

I have the utmost respect for Spencer Lee, I am imitating the posting style of Iowa fans last winter. I think Lee is great.

Edited by TBar1977

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

But it was only the mono plague. No need to worry. He will be fine in March. 

If he gets it in stereo, watch out. 

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Learn the ongoing jokes that come with board. Ok Boomer? 

5 hours ago, D3UC157 said:

Mono?... “More going on than people know” ... put the track on repeat.

well played! 

12 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Says the guy who claimed (and not ironically) a PSU wrestler most not be 100% when he got man-handled.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can you link that post? We need some context here. Please tell me you and Hamilton aren't still holding trying to make some wild claim about Taylor's injury at BTS leading to "excuse making" when in fact that is not true. 

Edited by TBar1977

24 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Can you link that post? We need some context here. Please tell me you and Hamilton aren't still holding trying to make some wild claim about Taylor's injury at BTS leading to "excuse making" when in fact that is not true. 

Obviously not speaking for Crotalus, but I recall a Nolf/IMar comment over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Obviously not speaking for Crotalus, but I recall a Nolf/IMar comment over the weekend.

And just what was that comment? How does it relate to hundreds of posts from armchair physiciams claiming to be able to see something is wrong with Spencer Lee's health last winter because "its obvious" something is wrong with him. Even claiming he had mono, as if Tom Brands would send Lee out there with mono which is a 100% wrong thing to do from a medical perspective. 

If when Nolf laid down on the mat and needed assistance from the trainer, and then started limping on his right leg, someone said that it appeared Nolf injured his knee, well that would be common sense now wouldn't it. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

And just what was that comment? How does it relate to hundreds of posts from armchair physiciams claiming to be able to see something is wrong with Spencer Lee's health last winter because "its obvious" something is wrong with him. Even claiming he had mono, as if Tom Brands would send Lee out there with mono which is a 100% wrong thing to do from a medical perspective. 

If when Nolf laid down on the mat and needed assistance from the trainer, and then started limping on his right leg, someone said that it appeared Nolf injured his knee, well that would be common sense now wouldn't it. 

Suck it up, buttercup!!! 

14 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I don't think is has anything to do with taking joy in an injury but more the insufferable Iowa fans who cannot come to grips with the fact that maybe, just maybe NCAA D1 wrestling is really hard and Spencer Lee is not perfect.  Spencer Lee could pin 5 guy sin a row in 30 seconds and then win 10-5 and Iowa fans will claim it's obvious he has had mono since he was in third grade.

Spencer Lee is elite but he is not perfect.  He can lose.  Same goes for any D1 wrestler.  A matter of fact only one guy has gone four years without losing.  It's insanely difficult.