Sign in to follow this  
uncle bernard

The Brace is Back

4 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

I don't think is has anything to do with taking joy in an injury but more the insufferable Iowa fans who cannot come to grips with the fact that maybe, just maybe NCAA D1 wrestling is really hard and Spencer Lee is not perfect.  Spencer Lee could pin 5 guy sin a row in 30 seconds and then win 10-5 and Iowa fans will claim it's obvious he has had mono since he was in third grade.

Spencer Lee is elite but he is not perfect.  He can lose.  Same goes for any D1 wrestler.  A matter of fact only one guy has gone four years without losing.  It's insanely difficult.

One would think they'd have caught on by now to this theme, but I guess not. 

1 hour ago, StallWarning said:

Spencer Lee could pin 5 guy sin a row in 30 seconds and then win 10-5 and Iowa fans will claim it's obvious he has had mono since he was in third grade.

Pretty sure this a came from Ironside saying on broadcast that Lee went to the hospital with mono like symptoms. It wasnt made up out of thin air. Plus, I dont think anyone is saying this is why he only won by 10 points to a kid from UTC. 

Edited by russelscout

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

One would think they'd have caught on by now to this theme, but I guess not. 

What theme? Last year is one thing. No one has said anything seriously suggesting this is the reason he only won by ten. Why are you acting like every Iowa fan is saying this?

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Pretty sure this a came from Ironside saying on broadcast that Lee was in the hospital with mono like symptoms. It wasnt made up out of thin air. Plus, I dont think anyone is saying this is why he only won by 10 points to a kid from UTC. 

Yeah, Lee had mono in third grade.  Then again in fourth grade.  I think a remember his gym teacher staying that in fifth grade he had mono like symptons during gym class.  He had a REALLY bad case of mono his whole time during middle school.  He was good in high school but then he got mono again for the 5th time at Iowa.  When will he ever recover from mono?  Maybe they should change the name from mono to a dozeno?

2 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Yeah, Lee had mono in third grade.  Then again in fourth grade.  I think a remember his gym teacher staying that in fifth grade he had mono like symptons during gym class.  He had a REALLY bad case of mono his whole time during middle school.  He was good in high school but then he got mono again for the 5th time at Iowa.  When will he ever recover from mono?  Maybe they should change the name from mono to a dozeno?

Hilarious. Nothing subtle about that desperate attempt to be funny...

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Can you link that post? We need some context here. Please tell me you and Hamilton aren't still holding trying to make some wild claim about Taylor's injury at BTS leading to "excuse making" when in fact that is not true. 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, TBar1977 said:

The thing about Beard that is puzzling is that he got to that cross wrist tilt on everyone last year. That doesn't just disappear, so while this could be wrong  I am thinking he isn't in 100% condition yet for this year. Him having no answer from bottom was troubling. Got to fight to not let boots come in. 

I understand the ongoing joke. But what is the point of message boards other than to speculate? Based on the responses to the Lee comments by you and others, we are only allowed to surmise that the competition has caught up to whomever we may be discussing (and it may be true).

56 minutes ago, russelscout said:

What theme? Last year is one thing. No one has said anything seriously suggesting this is the reason he only won by ten. Why are you acting like every Iowa fan is saying this?

Who said everyone is saying this? Not me. 

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Who said everyone is saying this? Not me. 

So when you are talking about this theme, you are strictly talking about last year? You jumped on this thread to post 1/3 of all the posts to remind people of last year. Why? I mean, its cool to have some fun at Iowa's expense. Even I did, but don't you think you are getting a bit too excited? 

Edited by russelscout

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

So when you are talking about this theme, you are strictly talking about last year? You jumped on this thread to post 1/3 of all the posts to remind people of last year. Why? I mean, its cool to have some fun at Iowa's expense. Even I did, but don't you think you are getting a bit too excited? 

No. I am exhibiting the exact correct amount of msg. board excitement for this theme and your Iowa fan base mancrush on Superman, I mean Spencer, Lee. Ha ha.

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

No. I am exhibiting the exact correct amount of msg. board excitement for this theme and your Iowa fan base mancrush on Superman, I mean Spencer, Lee. Ha ha.

So your msg board hate needs to equal Iowa's excitement about one of their wrestlers? It really doesn't get much pettier than that!

Edited by russelscout