Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Lee's olympic run isn't legit

42 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Maybe Brands told him it’s Gilman’s time and to just focus on college for two more years.

That seems certain! Its just annoying that Iowa is still talking a big game. 

Also will the people who accused me of war crimes for saying Lee isn't one of the mentally toughest wrestlers in the NCAA please raise thier hands? He's still got that mystery disease from last season.

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

That seems certain! Its just annoying that Iowa is still talking a big game. 

Also will the people who accused me of war crimes for saying Lee isn't one of the mentally toughest wrestlers in the NCAA please raise thier hands? He's still got that mystery disease from last season.

I'd say that he is pretty mentally tough.  Wrestled with a torn ACL for weeks a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Your changing the question. Is he one of the toughest guys in the NCAA mentally?

Yes.  I would say that a two time champ, who won a stacked weight as a true freshman, is very mentally tough.  Shows the ability to rise to the occasion at the most important time of year.  He is on his way to being an all-time great if the pattern holds.

23 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Yes.  I would say that a two time champ, who won a stacked weight as a true freshman, is very mentally tough.  Shows the ability to rise to the occasion at the most important time of year.  He is on his way to being an all-time great if the pattern holds.

Pretty much this. Wrestling with torn acl’s takes mental toughness, avenging previous losses takes mental toughness, winning a chip as a freshman in a bracket with multiple champs takes mental toughness. Winning an ncaa title takes mental toughness. 

Unless you are basing someones toughness off of what their schools fans say on a message board, I’d say yeah...he’s about as tough as they come, and he’s shown it. 

3 minutes ago, Griff the BullRam said:

If I recall correctly, J'Den Cox wrestled the entire 2015-2016 NCAA season, and didn't even announce his Olympic run until after NCAAs. Personally, I wouldn't read too much into Lee not going to the Bill Farrell.

Gilman also didn’t wrestle freestyle until the last chance qualifier, then went on to make the WT.

Edited by pamela

23 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I love this argument. Am I allowed to say Fix is mentally tougher than Lee? Or is that mean.

I don’t know about mean, but one might look at Fix’ break in focus and choosing to ref through the situation instead of wrestle through the situation as a mark against him in that question. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don’t know about mean, but one might look at Fix’ break in focus and choosing to ref through the situation instead of wrestle through the situation as a mark against him in that question. 

Fair enough, but LEE has no third period! Hard to compare that to a glance at the ref.

Edited by hammerlockthree

22 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Fair enough, but LEE has no third period! Hard to compare that to a glance at the ref.

He has enough third period to win two titles in two tries.  Hard to compare 0 for 1 as well. 

18 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why can no one stay on topic? 

Is it correct to say you have to say Lee is mentally the toughest wrestler in the NCAA? Cause thats what I am getting.

I thought I was responding to you asking/comparing mental toughness of fix and lee. My bad. On a thread you started about his Olympic run and UTC. But now is he THE toughest wrestler in the NCAA? Again my bad, for not being able to stay on topic.