Gopher82

Brandon Eggum and Gopher wrestling

MN won't win NCAA team titles with Eggum but if he can get the wrestlers off the police blotter his job is secure.  The gophers will hang around the top 5-10 and get an occasional guy competing very well for an individual title.   Not bad, in fact quite good.  They can grab the moniker "Home of the nickel and dime of wrestling."

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

MN won't win NCAA team titles with Eggum but if he can get the wrestlers off the police blotter his job is secure.  The gophers will hang around the top 5-10 and get an occasional guy competing very well for an individual title.   Not bad, in fact quite good.  They can grab the moniker "Home of the nickel and dime of wrestling."

Yeah pretty much.... Minny has fallen from the elite group that compete year in and year out for the title...they are definitely in the 2nd tier group. With McKee, Lee, Stevenson (if he stays) and some other young talent I think they may have a run in them in about 2-3 years to get in the top 5. 

On 11/25/2019 at 3:54 PM, jammen said:

You mean like don't choose down?

In a 3-3 match, with riding time not a factor going into the 3rd, taking down is the standard choice, so it's hard to fault it.  However knowing the skill set of both wrestlers, I think I would have picked neutral, especially if it's a must win match.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:14 AM, KingK0ng said:

He's gonna have to learn to get out to win close matches eventually, granted Boo is one of the best top guys at the weight but it's all practice till March, right?

Since when has Boo been one of the best top guys? Not arguing, just curious.

22 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Boo who?(credit jammen) Lewallen?  He became one of the best top guys when he aa'd and then returned.

When I think of dominant riders I think of guys like Dake or Retherford, not Boo. I'll defer to you others guy's opinions on the matter. 

We've got decent NQ level guys at most weights and AA contenders in McKee, Lee, Skatzka, and Steveson with Steveson being a likely finalist.  Its not the Gophers of 2012 - 2015 but most teams would be happy with results like these.