Sign in to follow this  
DFino

Robin Reed: So no one else is at all skeptical?

14 hours ago, leshismore said:

Sorry buddy. I was there.  We all watched it. And Stan D also was beating up on John Peterson and gave Ben a run.  Sorry you can't believe it. Must be painful to be so insecure.

No insecurity, just plausibility.  Lots of respect to Gable .  Great wrestler and even better coach.  I've seen many coaches wait for other people wear down a wrestler and then jump in to show 'em some man strength.

23 hours ago, headsnap said:

Robin Reed was the master of the double wristlock. This is basically a go to your back or submit. If you get it om someone size is not an issue.

I have a black belt in BJJ from Checkmat.  A double wrist lock is one of the most difficult moves for a smaller person to do to a bigger person because it is so easy to power out of.  I have seen pics of Reed.  He has a dad bod at best, and thats at 115lbs.  Thinking he is going to just overpower guys above 175lbs at how small he was, I am calling BS.

12 minutes ago, olddirty said:

I have a black belt in BJJ from Checkmat.  A double wrist lock is one of the most difficult moves for a smaller person to do to a bigger person because it is so easy to power out of.  I have seen pics of Reed.  He has a dad bod at best, and thats at 115lbs.  Thinking he is going to just overpower guys above 175lbs at how small he was, I am calling BS.

Maybe a tad exaggerated, but I think I'd believe that he could beat the whole team if that kind of stuff was legal.  I mean between his time wrestling at OSU, wrestling at the Olympics and coaching at OSU I'd think there'd be someone that could disprove it.