treep2000

Bo Nickal vs. Gordon Ryan - Modified Grappling Rules

34 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Ok this match is only a few hours away and it hasn’t seen much discussion in over a week.  I’ve been watching everything I can on Gordon Ryan. 

He will get smoked in this match.  If there was leg locks maybe I could see it ending differently.

With these rules Bo wins by easy decision, mostly embarrassing Gordon.  I could see a RNC for Bo as well.  

Is this being televised anywhere?

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Ok this match is only a few hours away and it hasn’t seen much discussion in over a week.  I’ve been watching everything I can on Gordon Ryan. 

He will get smoked in this match.  If there was leg locks maybe I could see it ending differently.

With these rules Bo wins by easy decision, mostly embarrassing Gordon.  I could see a RNC for Bo as well.  

At least be more subtle if you want people to bite. 

17 minutes ago, nom said:

Crapped out for me too.  Plus, I have no freaking idea when the Bo match is.  Ugh ... I expect I will miss it.

Guessing it's last. It's back on now. This sport plays out in slow motion compared to wrestling. Like watching paint dry.

Edited by TBar1977

5 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

At least be more subtle if you want people to bite. 

Not even a little bit.  Totally serious.  Someone let me know when it’s over.  I’m at a play “it’s a wonderful life!”

Lot of cautious neutral play for most of the match.  Ryan got a scissor leg sweep that led to Bo fleeing the mat and points awarded to Ryan.  Bo follows later with a suplex takedown.  Ryan then stays on the mat and advances from a seated position until Bo engaged and got caught in a triangle choke.   Not an awful contest, but Bo was mostly in survival mode in the grappling positions.  

Can't believe I stayed up and watched this. I kind of got the strategy. Gordon got up 2-0. Bo engaged but didn't want to take Gordon down because then he'd have had to deal with Gordon's guard. He basically tosses Gordon with about 3 minutes left to tie it up. Gordon locks a triangle with maybe 2 minutes left and Bo stands up out of it and slams Gordon to the mat. Bo never tapped, but they stopped the fight. I didn't understand the logic behind that, but they gave the fight to Gordon. There is a lot going on that I didn't understand there at the end. I got that Gordon locked the triangle, but Bo didn't tap out. So why was it over?

Edited by TBar1977

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He tapped to a triangle choke (like a figure 4 but backwards and the guy is pulling your head into his crotch, cutting off the circulation). Had he not tapped, he would’ve woken up a minute later. 

Where did he tap?  Totally missed that.  Looked to me like he slammed him down and was about to get out.