Crash

OTT Qualifier

Are wrestlers who have already earned a spot in OTTs eligible to participate in this event in TX in December? If so, and they finish top 5, does the 6th (or beyond) place finisher(s) earn a bid to OTTs?  Or is it like the Mocco days when guys with bids already can keep others from qualifying for OTTs by attending this event?

2 hours ago, Crash said:

Are wrestlers who have already earned a sport in OTTs eligible to participate in this event in TX in December?

If so, and they finish top 5, does the 6th (or beyond) place finisher(s) earn a bid to OTTs?  Or is it like the Mocco days when guys with bids already can keep others from qualifying for OTTs by attending this event?

Interesting question. I know last chance has forbade qualifiers from entering.

Per Nomad on FRL, which you can take that how you wish-I choose to trust this, he stated that anyone can enter.  Top 5 placers earn a bid.  If the bid is already earned by them, they steal a bid.

Example: Early indications are that Snyder is going as well as Oliver.  If either of them finish Top 5, then only four other gents would make it.  Imagine if Macch and Nickal entered and those two along with Snyder earned Top 5 results... only two from the Open would be able to add their name to the qualifiers list.

Per Nomad on FRL, which you can take that how you wish-I choose to trust this, he stated that anyone can enter.  Top 5 placers earn a bid.  If the bid is already earned by them, they steal a bid.
Example: Early indications are that Snyder is going as well as Oliver.  If either of them finish Top 5, then only four other gents would make it.  Imagine if Macch and Nickal entered and those two along with Snyder earned Top 5 results... only two from the Open would be able to add their name to the qualifiers list.

What are the early indications that Snyder and JO will be there?

There is an article on the.mat that details Snyder’s plans for next few months and that event is not in it.

Haven’t seen anything on JO being at this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Crash said:

What are the early indications that Snyder and JO will be there?

There is an article on the.mat that details Snyder’s plans for next few months and that event is not in it.

Haven’t seen anything on JO being at this one.

My source isn't even a source really. It's one of the 14 podcasts I listen to where they also say indications.

The Oliver one was as @wrestlingnerd said. FRL also hinted that was what he meant when he said that, too. Take that with a grain if you must.

JO mentioned getting a lot of competition in was a priority this season (he has historically been one of the least active top guys). For example, he’ll be at the US Open despite winning Farrell. I’d bet on JO showing up. 

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that interview but just listened to it.

Very interesting that he will be there.

I’m guessing Yianni will be there too. Should be good.