jerseywrestling

Suriano and Ashnault to Visit White House

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

If it’s a school first time champion thing Mehki Lewis would’ve been invited too no?

i know Olympic teams have visited the White House but I never heard of the college national going 

The thing earlier in the thread about the cold Big Macs was when the Clemson football team visited the WH after their championship and the dinner was food from like McDonalds and Burger King.

Also, I think NC State has at least one title somewhere in its athletics history?

5 minutes ago, pamela said:

The thing earlier in the thread about the cold Big Macs was when the Clemson football team visited the WH after their championship and the dinner was food from like McDonalds and Burger King.

Also, I think NC State has at least one title somewhere in its athletics history?

I know it was about Clemson and that ridiculous story, and Lewis won the title for Virginia tech they had never had an ncaa champ in wrestling 

6 minutes ago, pamela said:

N.C. State won the 1983 NCAA basketball championship. So yeah, outside of wrestling they’ve won a national championship. I think they’ve also won a couple collegiate bass fishing championships if that counts for something lol. 

5 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Just a joke my man. I’m a UNC fan so making fun of state for claiming bass fishing championships is one of my fortes. 

I know VT has dominated the Bass Championships recently. It was a club championship but winners are winners.

From the Cornell Press Release (emphasis added to indicate that this ain't just about the wrestlers):

Cornell wrestling's Yianni Diakomihalis will be honored at The White House in Washington, D.C. on Friday, Nov. 22 as part of the annual NCAA National Champions Day. Individual champions from the 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships will be in attendance, along with student-athletes from other sports.

Student-athletes and coaches will visit The White House in the morning on Friday and are expected to meet with President Donald Trump as part of the tour.

A two-time NCAA Champion, Diakomihalis will be joined in Washington, D.C. by The David Dunlop '59 Head Coach of Wrestling, Rob Koll, who is in his 26th season leading the program at Cornell.

En route to his second title at 141 pounds, Diakomihalis capped off a 29-0 sophomore campaign with a 6-4 decision over No. 2 seed Joey McKenna of Ohio State in the NCAA finals. Dating back to his freshman season, Diakomihalis is currently riding at 47-match winning streak.

This is the first time that all NCAA Division I individual champions have been invited to The White House. Other wrestlers expected to be in attendance are Jason Nolf, Bo Nickal, Mason Manville and Nick Nevills of Penn State, Nick Suriano and Anthony Ashnault of Rutgers, Mekhi Lewis of Virginia Tech and Drew Foster from Northern Iowa.

4 minutes ago, Lefty142 said:

Russell scout would be banned on almost any other board. He is antagonistic, snarky, rude and extremely arrogant.  However he beats off to the same political hive mind that the mods here stroke off to so he’s allowed to stay.  

Just because he doesn’t vote the same way you do? Like what are you even talking about