Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RED

Cornell

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, klehner said:

Do you still beat your wife?

We all know Cornell is angle shooting at best. Do I care? Not in the least. They are helping kids achieve high goals, making world and Olympic champs, and adding some parity to a top heavy sport.  But, let’s at least be honest about their system. It’s highly unusual.  They shouldn’t be punished but they are also barely an ivy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

You don't realize the Amish live all over the place, even including NY state? 

You don't realize that if you were to ask the majority of people where the Amish live they would say Pennsylvania or Ohio?

PA: 23.5% of total Amish population
NY: 6%

And whether or not the Amish know how to farm has absolutely nothing to do with Ag schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cu155 said:

You don't realize that if you were to ask the majority of people where the Amish live they would say Pennsylvania or Ohio?

PA: 23.5% of total Amish population
NY: 6%

And whether or not the Amish know how to farm has absolutely nothing to do with Ag schools.

Forget their farming it's their carpentry that's world class. You know who else wasn't a bad carpenter Jesus coincidence I think not. Starting to revalue my way of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

I hear a lot of the basketball team has this major so they can learn to count change when working at the convenience stores when they don't make the NBA.

Posted today on Cornell Wrestling's Facebook page:
 

Quote

Wrestler Spotlight of the week, Senior Noah Baughman #141. Noah, an Ohio native, will be battling it out on the mat this Saturday against another Ohio native, Tarique Wilson from NC State. After graduating from Cornell he will be working for CitiBank in NYC as an Investment Banking Analyst! As an analyst Noah’s role will be raising capital, providing advisory services for corporate transactions, and completing evaluation work for client companies all over the world!

He's in the Ag school, by the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

Forget their farming it's their carpentry that's world class. You know who else wasn't a bad carpenter Jesus coincidence I think not. Starting to revalue my way of life.

You might be on to something here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cu155 said:

You don't realize that if you were to ask the majority of people where the Amish live they would say Pennsylvania or Ohio?

PA: 23.5% of total Amish population
NY: 6%

And whether or not the Amish know how to farm has absolutely nothing to do with Ag schools.

You seem triggered. No, really. Why does a positive post about Amish farming get you so worked up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

You seem triggered. No, really. Why does a positive post about Amish farming get you so worked up? 

Not triggered at all, the Amish and Amish farming techniques are great :) 

Maybe you can start a thread about how they should take over the curriculum at Penn State's ag school rather than randomly inserting them into a discussion about Cornell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cu155 said:

Not triggered at all, the Amish and Amish farming techniques are great :) 

Maybe you can start a thread about how they should take over the curriculum at Penn State's ag school rather than randomly inserting them into a discussion about Cornell.

I always thought that they ARE the Penn State Ag School?  (We Are...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cu155 said:

Not triggered at all, the Amish and Amish farming techniques are great :) 

Maybe you can start a thread about how they should take over the curriculum at Penn State's ag school rather than randomly inserting them into a discussion about Cornell.

They know more about farming than the PSU Ag profs too. This isn't a Cornell thing. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at the Bearcat Invitational a few years back (during the Popolizio days) and overheard a NY parent of a Harvard kid (not JP O'Connor) blabbing off about Cornell cheating and blah blah blah.  It is just sheer pea-cocking and "my kid is smarter than yours" horsecrap.  Why any wrestling fan would throw daggers at the University of Cornell is literal insanity.  The educational standards for all D1 programs and NCAA programs in general are so much better today than they were when I was college it isn't even funny.  The alumni of the Cornell Wrestling program are among the most impressive people there are and I'm sure that can be said for many schools "not up to the IVY standard".  Our country in general could do with a little less Ivy League snobbery if you ask me.  

Rob Koll has changed the way coaches run their "programs".  He has helped force the sport to evolve.  

Never mind that, let's fabricate things and call him a cheater and chastise him for advocating for his athletes.  Sounds productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Was at the Bearcat Invitational a few years back (during the Popolizio days) and overheard a NY parent of a Harvard kid (not JP O'Connor) blabbing off about Cornell cheating and blah blah blah.  It is just sheer pea-cocking and "my kid is smarter than yours" horsecrap.  Why any wrestling fan would throw daggers at the University of Cornell is literal insanity.  The educational standards for all D1 programs and NCAA programs in general are so much better today than they were when I was college it isn't even funny.  The alumni of the Cornell Wrestling program are among the most impressive people there are and I'm sure that can be said for many schools "not up to the IVY standard".  Our country in general could do with a little less Ivy League snobbery if you ask me.  

Rob Koll has changed the way coaches run their "programs".  He has helped force the sport to evolve.  

Never mind that, let's fabricate things and call him a cheater and chastise him for advocating for his athletes.  Sounds productive.

It's also not like we are comparing wrestling to college basketball 1 and done semester fraud for the elite athletes. Collage wrestlers for the most part know there is life after D1 wrestling is over and make the best of the degrees they work to obtain. We get 4 5 or even 6 years of the Nolfs Yianni and Lee's our guys have to stay eligible.

Edited by Sublime607

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, klehner said:
Quote

Wrestler Spotlight of the week, Senior Noah Baughman #141. Noah, an Ohio native, will be battling it out on the mat this Saturday against another Ohio native, Tarique Wilson from NC State. After graduating from Cornell he will be working for CitiBank in NYC as an Investment Banking Analyst! As an analyst Noah’s role will be raising capital, providing advisory services for corporate transactions, and completing evaluation work for client companies all over the world!

He's in the Ag school, by the way. 

So was Palacio and now he's wrestling guys on the beach for money.  What's your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 50lbsover said:

So was Palacio and now he's wrestling guys on the beach for money.  What's your point?

Maybe you should look a little bit harder at Dylan Palacio.

I think he is on the beach right now...in Bali.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cu155 said:

You don't realize that if you were to ask the majority of people where the Amish live they would say Pennsylvania or Ohio?

PA: 23.5% of total Amish population
NY: 6%

And whether or not the Amish know how to farm has absolutely nothing to do with Ag schools.

Upstate NY resident here - almost hit their horse and buggys a few times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

They know more about farming than the PSU Ag profs too. This isn't a Cornell thing. 

Hey, if you want to use this thread to be a booster for the Amish, go for it!  I'm all for sustainable farming and timber framing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cu155 said:

Hey, if you want to use this thread to be a booster for the Amish, go for it!  I'm all for sustainable farming and timber framing.

Me too. And I am quite pleased to come to understand that the academic community wants to get to know the Amish, at least here in PA anyway. 

Here is an article from a PSU Ag Educator (named Stoltzfus, so possibly himself descended from Amish) on how to deal with Amish Farmers. The Prof, sounding a lot more academic than Amish, offers a lot of great scholarly advice to his fellow educators. Advice for interacting with Amish such as "Shorts are not recommended for educators" and ""the best way to get to know Amish Growers is to meet them is at their markets or farms". I don't think any educator could go wrong with such solid tips as those. 

https://extension.psu.edu/working-with-plain-sect-growers

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...