Antitroll2828

Intermat/foley

Anyone notice intermat put foley mailbag behind a paywall now? Was it mentioned that this was the plan ?
I clicked on it about 25 minutes ago? And I could easily go back and check (before typing this) but I think everything was behind the paywal, I'm thinking it's an accident.

JerryCallo I completely agree. I will say that there were far too many instances when Foley would add his political view. I like actors, actresses, musicians, and comedians for what they do. I am not interested in their political beliefs. So please don't express them to me, as I don't express mine to them. 

20 minutes ago, TexRef said:

JerryCallo I completely agree. I will say that there were far too many instances when Foley would add his political view. I like actors, actresses, musicians, and comedians for what they do. I am not interested in their political beliefs. So please don't express them to me, as I don't express mine to them. 

Dance monkey dance!

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

I certainly hope they don't put Sesker and Palmer's stuff behind a paywall.

We’ll still be able to see the arrest reports for free on the internet, so that won’t be a loss. 

I might be willing to pay to access his mailbag but Foley couldn’t hide his political biases out of the articles. He could have easily paid homage to the late senator without  disparaging those who voted differently. 

Interjecting politics into a sports column with a relatively small audience is a bad business decision.

Edited by Creek chub

7 hours ago, JerryCallo said:

If remembering and honoring the anniversary of the tragic death of a US Senator who also happened to be an accomplished college wrestler is "political" then we are for sure

DONE AS A SOCIETY!

And it's true that for the past 20 years the wrestlers climbing to the top of the political junk heap have tended to be hyper-conservative and not altogether that compassionate, thoughtful, or jacket-wearing.

Kinda got off topic?

His articles should refrain from the banter, as he immediately alienates 50% of the population.  The articles should stick to the sport.  His social presence can be as political as he wants.  It's is bad business, per the previous poster, to interject such things, unless you're damn sure your audience will agree (and they don't).

I think Intermat's not making the money they once were. And because his readership numbers, whether you like him or not, are probably pretty high, I figure they think this is a way to get more people to become paying customers. As far as his column goes, I used to be a reader but it's gotten progressively worse and worse, more and more political and is the epitome of hypocritical. So I gave it up and when my subscription expires I won't be renewing.

Edited by ConnorsDad
Spell

How about all the times when reactionaries like Askren, Saylor, Schultz and so many other right wing (anti-vaxxers and religious nuts) would add their ignorant and often racist two cents to the dialogue?  The wrestling community is so extremely right wing and authoritarian it ignores its own biases.  It so bloody rural and religious and conservative it can't see it's own blindnesses.    It is uncritical and accepting of ignorant and dangerous fools like Jordan and Hastert and so many others.  Foley is so much smarter and more educated than the majority of the parochial wrestling community.  

3 hours ago, dmm53 said:

How about all the times when reactionaries like Askren, Saylor, Schultz and so many other right wing (anti-vaxxers and religious nuts) would add their ignorant and often racist two cents to the dialogue?  The wrestling community is so extremely right wing and authoritarian it ignores its own biases.  It so bloody rural and religious and conservative it can't see it's own blindnesses.    It is uncritical and accepting of ignorant and dangerous fools like Jordan and Hastert and so many others.  Foley is so much smarter and more educated than the majority of the parochial wrestling community.  

So we found foleys burner account ^^.... can you point to on the doll where rural,authoritarian ,religious nuts hurt you lol 

this has to be the first time I’ve seen askren and Willie referred to as racist, I guess it slipped by the entire wrestling community but luckily for us we have DMM to point out the injustice in the world 

Foley got hated on not BECAUSE of his views but because he shoves his views down people’s throats In a wrestling blog and puffed out and pounded his chest when people would ask strictly for wrestling , and he views everyone who doesn’t agree with him as wrong,