SamStall365247

LOL @ Penn State

5 minutes ago, LLB said:

Yes OSU built a building with glass so we could watch wrestlers train? Who does that unless you’re stupid or ignorant? Also who builds a wrestling arena that seats 3,200 people? That’s great if you’re going to wrestle Indiana and NW at home but not The PSU and Iowa.

PSU loves wrestling at their 3,000-4,000 capacity venue. They would wrestle all there matches there if they could

1 minute ago, CoachWrestling said:

PSU loves wrestling at their 3,000-4,000 capacity venue. They would wrestle all there matches there if they could

The last time I checked rec hall seats 6600, and your point? 

43 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

Why take the time to fly across the country and compete if you don’t care about the outcome? That’s a total cop out. They thought they had it won. 

42 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They said on the broadcast that before the season started Cael contacted zeke Jones and tried to push the dual to next season and zeke said no way we want it this year 

this was part of a home and home type deal 

Okay it has gotten so ridiculous about wrestlers not wrestling it just makes me sick. Although I'm not a Penn State fan I'm a huge fan of Cael and respect what he's doing. I don't understand why they wanted to move the dual (if they did) unless it was they qere worried about winning. 

All that aside the main reason for the post is the bringing that Shak across country and then not wrestling him did not have anything to do with a weigh-in and descent plan. There's tons of collegiate tournaments a lot closer to Penn State where he could weigh in if he wanted to and then forfeit. He doesn't have to go all the way across the country to do that.

15 minutes ago, LLB said:

The last time I checked rec hall seats 6600, and your point? 

I would imagine they built that facility that size because probably that's all they could afford. That's plenty big for most duals and I'm sure if it's going to be a big one that's going to draw ten thousand or more they'll have it at whatever the arena is in Columbus. Just like Cornell and all the other wrestling only facilities, They're not huge because we don't draw big crowds for the most part in our sport.

41 minutes ago, LLB said:

Berge if heathy would have beat Teemer. We all saw this coming Conel damaged, unrealistic to pull the RS off of Beard, no Berge, no Shak. It is what it is, enjoy that popcorn while we regroup.

Teemer is legit top of the podium contender. He has a better shot than not of beating anyone penn state sends out there. 

2 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Teemer is legit top of the podium contender. He has a better shot than not of beating anyone penn state sends out there. 

Maybe, maybe not, I would have been pretty cool with Berge being in There instead of a 3rd stringer.

11 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I would imagine they built that facility that size because probably that's all they could afford. That's plenty big for most duals and I'm sure if it's going to be a big one that's going to draw ten thousand or more they'll have it at whatever the arena is in Columbus. Just like Cornell and all the other wrestling only facilities, They're not huge because we don't draw big crowds for the most part in our sport.

I’m pretty confident that was a 60’s arena but it’s still really cool for Bucknell, Lehigh  or Ohio State. I’m pretty sure as well that the last time the match was at the schott there were more PSU fans or equal. But thanks for trying 

3 minutes ago, LLB said:

I would have been pretty cool with Berge being in There instead of a 3rd stringer.

Right - the old "if only my team was better at the time of the dual, then they could have won" argument.

So it's agreed. If your team had better wrestlers in today's lineup, then your team could have won. Maybe.

Imagine having that conversation after every dual with every team all season long. 

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Right - the old "if only my team was better at the time of the dual, then they could have won" argument.

So it's agreed. If your team had better wrestlers in today's lineup, then your team could have won. Maybe.

Imagine having that conversation after every dual with every team all season long. 

Injuries happen, **** happens, the loss sucks but knowing what we have makes me feel good. 

And there’s no maybe just a bunch of happy Iowa, OSU, and Okie state fans happy that we didn’t win. That’s sad 

1 minute ago, LLB said:

Injuries happen, **** happens, the loss sucks but knowing what we have makes me feel good. 

And there’s no maybe just a bunch of happy Iowa, OSU, and Okie state fans happy that we didn’t win. That’s sad 

It’s not a big deal.  PSU is still one of the best teams in college wrestling in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Heard the same thing - I wonder what that 'late development' was?

Yeah could be any number of things.  My guesses (just speculation) in order of likelihood:

1. Edsell got in trouble (just based on the tone/secrecy that the PSU announcer was talking in)

2. Edsell had a family emergency

3. Cael felt like ducking Zahid

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah could be any number of things.  My guesses (just speculation) in order of likelihood:

1. Edsell got in trouble (just based on the tone/secrecy that the PSU announcer was talking in)

2. Edsell had a family emergency

3. Cael felt like ducking Zahid

I’d love for okie state, OSU or Iowa to be down at least 2 AA’s and then counter point 

1 hour ago, LLB said:

Berge if heathy would have beat Teemer. We all saw this coming Conel damaged, unrealistic to pull the RS off of Beard, no Berge, no Shak. It is what it is, enjoy that popcorn while we regroup.

Of course you would say that because you are the most unobjective clown on this board. You don't know, nobody does but you're incapable of ever admitting that someone might beat a PSU wrestler.

1 hour ago, LLB said:

Berge if heathy would have beat Teemer.

Im not going to make too much of big deal out of this 1 dual, but Berge DNP'd at 149 last year. I dont understand why PSU fans and flo for that matter assume he is an immediate contender up a weight. Imo he is definitely not a sure thing against Teemer.

I am more willing to buy into the PSU bump for a guy who can get to legs and has consistent attacks.

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Of course you would say that because you are the most unobjective clown on this board. You don't know, nobody does but you're incapable of ever admitting that someone might beat a PSU wrestler.

No not really I just know what I know, pipher vs Berge is unquestionable a ridiculous argument. Berge has a concussion, pipher is a career backup. 

And as far as clowns go - you deliver the balloons.

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Im not going to make too much of big deal out of this 1 dual, but Berge DNP'd at 149 last year. I dont understand why PSU fans and flo for that matter assume he is an immediate contender up a weight. Imo he is definitely not a sure thing against Teemer.

I am more willing to buy into the PSU bump for a guy who can get to legs and has consistent attacks.

Pretty much my Same feelings on Kemerer (glass) vs Hall.

Edited by LLB

37 minutes ago, LLB said:

I’d love for okie state, OSU or Iowa to be down at least 2 AA’s and then counter point 

Huh?  What does this comment have to do with PSU giving up a forfeit?  For the record, people criticized OSU for forfeiting 133 against Lehigh.   Only difference is they weren’t forfeiting to the best guy in the country.  

12 minutes ago, LLB said:

Pretty much my Same feelings on Kemerer (glass) vs Hall.

I understand that opinion up against Hall. I havent seen too many people saying its a conclusion he would be a champ or even finalist. Hes ranked 3rd and I think you would be hard pressed to find to many people who wouldnt predict that as he is a multi time AA.

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Huh?  What does this comment have to do with PSU giving up a forfeit?  For the record, people criticized OSU for forfeiting 133 against Lehigh.   Only difference is they weren’t forfeiting to the best guy in the country.  

If Iowa would have forfeited a match, all hell would have broken loose.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I understand that opinion up against Hall. I havent seen too many people saying its a conclusion he would be a champ or even finalist. Hes ranked 3rd and I think you would be hard pressed to find to many people who wouldnt predict that as he is a multi time AA.

But you would agree that Kemerer is glass? That’s all I really need.

1 hour ago, LLB said:

But Snyder said these guys all wanted to be Olympic Champs. The best training center in the world.

Yes OSU built a building with glass so we could watch wrestlers train? Who does that unless you’re stupid or ignorant? Also who builds a wrestling arena that seats 3,200 people? That’s great if you’re going to wrestle Indiana and NW at home but not The PSU and Iowa.

What does that have to do with the post you quoted? Not a damn thing but because they said something deragatory about PSU you had to lash out like a little kid who's favorite team lost. Close your eyes, clench your fist and just scream and kick.

The next time somebody is going to build a wrestling facility why don't you give them a call and give them all of your opinions since they're ignorant and stupid and you know everything about wrestling, building a facility, etc. there is to know. The gall of someone to sit and call another school, who's building a wrestling facility to help grow the sport, ignorant and stupid is beyond stupid itself. Are you so bitter, thin skinned or something to which we are not privy you are incapable of saying anything positive about anybody not associated with Penn St. I'll bet we can find numerous comments about Kyle Snyder that you made when he was at Ohio State that probably said he was overrated, a choker, not that good or something like that. Now that he's in Penn State he's perfect.

What does the size of the arena have to do with anything? Unless it was bigger than anybody else's it's not worth building? Did you check in with Cornell and tell him their facility sucks? Attention schools if you are going to build a wrestling arena & don't build a facility bigger than ours you suck and we don't want to play with you! Be sure and call Oklahoma State, American, Campbell and any others building a new facility and tell them it's got to be more than 6,600 seats or PSU is taking their ball and going home. And what does how many Penn State fans were at the last match have anything to do with anything? If the facility held 10,000 and there were 9500 Penn State fans, what the **** does that mean? The facility shouldn't have been built?

I promise every time somebody says a Penn State wrestler's going to lose, they're not the greatest university in the history of the world or anything positive about any other school, it won't kill you if you don't have anything negative to say about them.

4 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

What does that have to do with the post you quoted? Not a damn thing but because they said something deragatory about PSU you had to lash out like a little kid who's favorite team lost. Close your eyes, clench your fist and just scream and kick.

The next time somebody is going to build a wrestling facility why don't you give them a call and give them all of your opinions since they're ignorant and stupid and you know everything about wrestling, building a facility, etc. there is to know. The gall of someone to sit and call another school, who's building a wrestling facility to help grow the sport, ignorant and stupid is beyond stupid itself. Are you so bitter, thin skinned or something to which we are not privy you are incapable of saying anything positive about anybody not associated with Penn St. I'll bet we can find numerous comments about Kyle Snyder that you made when he was at Ohio State that probably said he was overrated, a choker, not that good or something like that. Now that he's in Penn State he's perfect.

What does the size of the arena have to do with anything? Unless it was bigger than anybody else's it's not worth building? Did you check in with Cornell and tell him their facility sucks? Attention schools if you are going to build a wrestling arena & don't build a facility bigger than ours you suck and we don't want to play with you! Be sure and call Oklahoma State, American, Campbell and any others building a new facility and tell them it's got to be more than 6,600 seats or PSU is taking their ball and going home. And what does how many Penn State fans were at the last match have anything to do with anything? If the facility held 10,000 and there were 9500 Penn State fans, what the **** does that mean? The facility shouldn't have been built?

I promise every time somebody says a Penn State wrestler's going to lose, they're not the greatest university in the history of the world or anything positive about any other school, it won't kill you if you don't have anything negative to say about them.

What’s your problem? I point out that a major player in the game downsizes and builds a smaller facility.

1. lets you watch the entire wrestling practice, with windows that’s either stupid or Ignorant. 

2. has a facility the wouldn’t seat 25% of this countries needs for a major dual match? 
I can guarantee you if Ryan says we’re wrestling PSU in the covellt building (sp) Cael is going to go the next go around to the btn and say “why even bother wrestling the match?” No one will see it live. Except osu fans.

3. I’m pretty confident PSU fans at carver this season will have to pay for their own tickets and Iowa will hold there own, and I’m fine with that, it’s great.

4. I’ve never degreated Kyle Snyder but wanted to beat him, never asked him to join the NLWC but hey Jim Jordan if that bothers you, sorry 

5. connors hated but disgruntled dad who hates PSU wrestling