Sign in to follow this  
portajohn

Pull Michael Beard's Redshirt

28 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Conel’s reputation is based solely on a single tournament. Besides that he’s been mediocre. 

He actually was really good his redshirt freshman year, something like 16-1 in duals 2-2 at ncaas beat an AA and 2 but then he had some serious life issues mixed with major injuries so I don’t think it’s fair to call the man mediocre...yes he doesn’t seem like he has anything left but his domestic freestyle success and the list of guys he’s beat in folk makes him far better then mediocre 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Conel's last injury was quite some time ago, plus he has been on the PSU campus quite some time as well. It seems like he should be healed up by now, including his gas tank. 

If he does not show substantial meaningful progress by year end, I expect a line up change. This is not a punt year at PSU.

Man the PSU board is really nauseating to read.   People there also (probably rightfully) suggesting to pull Beard's shirt and the overwhelming response is "we should do whatever Cael thinks is best."  Yes Cael could be the best coach ever, but you don't have to agree with every single thing he does.

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Man the PSU board is really nauseating to read.   People there also (probably rightfully) suggesting to pull Beard's shirt and the overwhelming response is "we should do whatever Cael thinks is best."  Yes Cael could be the best coach ever, but you don't have to agree with every single thing he does.

How dare you question god

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Cael is the rare coach, like Bellichek, that fans should probably be Ok with his decision making. Not sure why their trust in him would bother you.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Cael is the rare coach, like Bellichek, that fans should probably be Ok with his decision making. Not sure why their trust in him would bother you.

I mean what’s the point of a message board then?  That whole board is mostly just a bunch of rah rah nonsense other than when they’re arguing with HR posters (and even then the gist of their argument is usually something to the effect of “you’re just jealous, PSU is the best”)

For the record if I were a betting man I would bet that Cael eventually benches Conel for Beard, so technically that wouldn’t really be questioning him.

8 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He actually was really good his redshirt freshman year, something like 16-1 in duals 2-2 at ncaas beat an AA and 2 but then he had some serious life issues mixed with major injuries so I don’t think it’s fair to call the man mediocre...yes he doesn’t seem like he has anything left but his domestic freestyle success and the list of guys he’s beat in folk makes him far better then mediocre 

Ok we’ll call him slightly above average instead of mediocre, and for the PSU lineup that’s not going to cut it. 

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Would you have put Joe Pa in that category too?

21 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Conel's last injury was quite some time ago, plus he has been on the PSU campus quite some time as well. It seems like he should be healed up by now, including his gas tank. 

If he does not show substantial meaningful progress by year end, I expect a line up change. This is not a punt year at PSU.

Is Dan Monthley that much of a miracle-worker?

34 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

?

Not sure how your comment applies to mine. 

You mentioned Conel being injured quite some time ago, plus his gas tank should have gotten bigger. There is no trainer that is going to be able to make any wrestler good-as-new within just a few months (or ever).

And, as I'm sure you know, Dan Monthley is the PSU wrestling trainer.