Benaskrenshair

Devin winston

4 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

What happened to Minnesota?  

Announced on his Instagram last week he’s transferring. 

I’m not sure where he will end up but he was initially committed to UNC and the heels currently have a major hole at 184 and really could have used him this year. Maybe he will consider joining UNC again. 

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

I’m not sure where he will end up but he was initially committed to UNC and the heels currently have a major hole at 184 and really could have used him this year. Maybe he will consider joining UNC again. 

If he were to be UNC’s starting 184 this year, they would still have a major hole.

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

Pretty sure that Coleman was not happy about him switching his commitment and was pretty vocal about it. So, I doubt he goes there. 

21 minutes ago, WF89 said:

If he were to be UNC’s starting 184 this year, they would still have a major hole.

Ha fair enough. Looks like Coleman may be pulling the redshirt off Max Shaw as he’s listed as a possible starter against Chattanooga so maybe that will bring some consistency to the weight class. 

12 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

Pretty sure that Coleman was not happy about him switching his commitment and was pretty vocal about it. So, I doubt he goes there. 

Yeah just wishful thinking. I remember Coleman saying he has an absolute “no talking or recruiting” policy to kids that are already committed, even if it’s just a verbal. So I’m sure you’re right and that ship has sailed. 

5 hours ago, Gopher82 said:

He's not nearly as good as people think. He was getting waxed by the Gophers backup. 

I don't know exactly how good he is. But Missouri is not the worst wrestling State and he was a three-time state champion I believe. He also beat Abe Assad in who's number one. He may not be the next Cael Sanderson but he's pretty damn good. Now whether he will continue to develop is another story. And wouldn't it be nice if all coaches had the same philosophy as Coleman about not recruiting guys who are committed.

6 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I don't know exactly how good he is. But Missouri is not the worst wrestling State and he was a three-time state champion I believe. He also beat Abe Assad in who's number one. He may not be the next Cael Sanderson but he's pretty damn good. Now whether he will continue to develop is another story. And wouldn't it be nice if all coaches had the same philosophy as Coleman about not recruiting guys who are committed.

I believe he went DNP, 1st. 2nd, 1st. I remember DJ Shannon beating him in the finals Jr year.

2 hours ago, Perry said:

You are correct Flanders. He got hurt before state his freshman year and lost a decent battle to a bumped up dj shannon as a junior which helped secure a team title to CBC over park hill

Yeah, his 0-2 at state surprised me freshman year. I think he was ranked #1 at the time too.

7 minutes ago, flanders said:

Yeah, his 0-2 at state surprised me freshman year. I think he was ranked #1 at the time too.

I believe he was but would have had some tough battles that year. I was happy when he lost to Shannon, even though he was an IL kid recruited to a STL private school. 

15 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

And wouldn't it be nice if all coaches had the same philosophy as Coleman about not recruiting guys who are committed.

Don't blame anyone but the NCAA for this.  Until they change the rules, then athletes are fair game until they sign.  

4 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Seems like a lifetime ago Winston beat Assad at who’s number 1. Talk about vastly different trajectories since then. 

Are the two really that far off right now? Assad hasn't proven himself just yet and Winston will have 4 years of eligibility starting next year, correct?