moveurfeet32

Princeton beats Lehigh

13 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

Army looks to be the EIWA favorite now.  Looking at match-ups, Navy could beat Lehigh in a dual as well.  

It's still a bit of a stretch to call Army the favorite, IMO; but it's definitely a 4-5 team race for the EIWA crown, with Army a legit contender.  It's going to be an interesting season; good stuff!

Humphreys dominated the entire match except for getting caught and on his back for over a minute.  Incredible strength to not get pinned and actually still have gas to finish the match.  This was a fluke and rest assured that he won't get caught by this guy again despite Monday having that lightning move.  Humphreys had over a minute and half riding time advantage and comfortably in control of the match until that lightning strike hit.  

I give great credit to Chris Ayers for what he has accomplished at Princeton and he knows how to market his program to build a fan base.  As an example,  last night he had his wrestlers lined up after the match at a table signing posters for all the kids and it was magical.  This doesn't happen at Lehigh!!  Not to mention, zero promotion to bring out the students or kids from the Lehigh Valley is ever evident from the Lehigh administration.  Not wanting to wrestle in Stabler for 3 years is a marketing blunder that speaks to a lack of energy to grow your fanbase. 

The loss of Hughes is certainly a mystery and while it opens an opportunity for Zach and someone else for the bench coach,  Hughes was a tough taskmaster and having Paetzell lose on locked hands and Pomrinca on a stalling point is embarrassingly basic stuff that shouldn't happen at a program like Lehigh.  Losing to Princeton 2 years in a row indicates a problem in my mind despite the accolades that Ayers so richly deserves.    

1 hour ago, LUEngineer said:

I give great credit to Chris Ayers for what he has accomplished at Princeton and he knows how to market his program to build a fan base.  As an example,  last night he had his wrestlers lined up after the match at a table signing posters for all the kids and it was magical.  This doesn't happen at Lehigh!!  Not to mention, zero promotion to bring out the students or kids from the Lehigh Valley is ever evident from the Lehigh administration.  Not wanting to wrestle in Stabler for 3 years is a marketing blunder that speaks to a lack of energy to grow your fanbase. 

The loss of Hughes is certainly a mystery and while it opens an opportunity for Zach and someone else for the bench coach,  Hughes was a tough taskmaster and having Paetzell lose on locked hands and Pomrinca on a stalling point is embarrassingly basic stuff that shouldn't happen at a program like Lehigh.  Losing to Princeton 2 years in a row indicates a problem in my mind despite the accolades that Ayers so richly deserves.    

Chris Ayers wrestled for Brown. Chris Ayres is the former Lehigh wrestler that has built up the Princeton program over the past years.

Please keep telling us how it is.

Edited by Mountain Hawk

1 hour ago, LUEngineer said:

Humphreys dominated the entire match except for getting caught and on his back for over a minute.  Incredible strength to not get pinned and actually still have gas to finish the match.  This was a fluke and rest assured that he won't get caught by this guy again despite Monday having that lightning move.  Humphreys had over a minute and half riding time advantage and comfortably in control of the match until that lightning strike hit.  

They're 2-2 now and the trend ain't great. Who's schooling who now?

On 11/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, TBar1977 said:

One ranking service had Josh Humphrey's ranked 5th. Can't see him getting back to the top 5 with his results thus far. 

I know he keeps losing, but trust me, when he is on, he will beat guys seeded ahead of him and AA. He is just in a rough patch 

28 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

Princeton wrestles Ok St soon. 

Well I’m not sure if they actually have a chance head to head...guess we will find out soon. Obviously the transitive property doesn’t always hold out in wrestling, but I’m enjoying seeing a little more parity so far this year

6 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Well I’m not sure if they actually have a chance head to head...guess we will find out soon. Obviously the transitive property doesn’t always hold out in wrestling, but I’m enjoying seeing a little more parity so far this year

It’s not a bad match up for Princeton, if glory can beat Picc I think they would have a chance