Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Does Koll care about streaks

41 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

I dunno 'bout that... Princeton did a repeat performance yesterday w/ a 2-in-a-row dual win over LU.

It will make that dual this winter very interesting to watch.

D3

Hammerlock is referring to a national  title. Koll, it seems, may be sacrificing the team's success this year by ORS-shirting guys in order to have a  great team next year or even the year after.

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

Hammerlock is referring to a national  title. Koll, it seems, may be sacrificing the team's success this year by ORS-shirting guys in order to have a  great team next year or even the year after.

Lose the battle to try and win the war should be this years motto.

I wouldn’t say far and away. Princeton’s got game this year. A lot of it depends on their top guys’ tournaments but Princeton no longer needs a miracle for them and a disaster for Cornell to fare better at the EIWA or NCAAs. I’d say it’s more even than not right now, partly because Cornell’s top guys are looking more vulnerable than Princeton’s. Of course, it’s still early. 

8 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I wouldn’t say far and away. Princeton’s got game this year. A lot of it depends on their top guys’ tournaments but Princeton no longer needs a miracle for them and a disaster for Cornell to fare better at the EIWA or NCAAs. I’d say it’s more even than not right now, partly because Cornell’s top guys are looking more vulnerable than Princeton’s. Of course, it’s still early. 

Wrestlestats dual meet comparisons between Cornell and Penn, Princeton, Army, and Lehigh have some surprising results.

5 hours ago, klehner said:

Wrestlestats dual meet comparisons between Cornell and Penn, Princeton, Army, and Lehigh have some surprising results.

From today, with little other EIWA competition, I think Lajoie, Yap, Baughan and Loew are dark horse finalist threats at Easterns.  By then they may be seeded anywhere from 2-4, so not much of a Dark Horse.  But they could provide the horsepower to EITHER help Cornell win Easterns OR spoil the finals party for Lehigh (157, 197, 125), Army (141, 197) and Princeton (157).  

to be competitive for a title those three teams need three or more finalists at their strong weights:

princeton:  125, 149, 157, 197

Army: 141, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197, HWT.  

Lehigh: 125, 133, 149, 157, 174, 184, 197, HWT.  

Cornell has very possible finalists at 125, 141, 157, 174, 197 (three are former finalists).  I don’t think Furman is a finalist contender because he lost to Army’s starter and backup (Still being ironed out),  however, seeding could make that another possibility.  

the team title could come down to a few points and the last finals match!  Also, I would favor Army because they placed 10 last year, and with 8 of their 10 wrestlers ranked by flo, they can not only place all ten again, but QUALIFY all 10.  

8 hours ago, red blades said:

And your losing credibility with comments like that.

i was using wrestlestat.  I think that wrestlestat is more credible than intermat.  Intermat has Trampe in the top 10...with no top 10 wins.  I think that might be a typo.  

12 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

From today, with little other EIWA competition, I think Lajoie, Yap, Baughan and Loew are dark horse finalist threats at Easterns.  By then they may be seeded anywhere from 2-4, so not much of a Dark Horse.  But they could provide the horsepower to EITHER help Cornell win Easterns OR spoil the finals party for Lehigh (157, 197, 125), Army (141, 197) and Princeton (157).  

to be competitive for a title those three teams need three or more finalists at their strong weights:

princeton:  125, 149, 157, 197

Army: 141, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197, HWT.  

Lehigh: 125, 133, 149, 157, 174, 184, 197, HWT.  

Cornell has very possible finalists at 125, 141, 157, 174, 197 (three are former finalists).  I don’t think Furman is a finalist contender because he lost to Army’s starter and backup (Still being ironed out),  however, seeding could make that another possibility.  

the team title could come down to a few points and the last finals match!  Also, I would favor Army because they placed 10 last year, and with 8 of their 10 wrestlers ranked by flo, they can not only place all ten again, but QUALIFY all 10.  

If you look at last year, Army place all ten wrestlers on the podium.  That got them a distant fourth place in the team race, closer to fifth place Navy than to third place Princeton.  A team cannot win a tournament by sheer breadth of placers; rather, it takes depth.  Army had one guy in the top three, as opposed to Lehigh's and Cornell's six and Princeton's four.  So, your statement about needing three or more finalists is spot on.

I assume for Cornell you meant 184 (Darmstadt), not 197, and 133 (Tucker), not 125 as possible finalists.

6 minutes ago, klehner said:

If you look at last year, Army place all ten wrestlers on the podium.  That got them a distant fourth place in the team race, closer to fifth place Navy than to third place Princeton.  A team cannot win a tournament by sheer breadth of placers; rather, it takes depth.  Army had one guy in the top three, as opposed to Lehigh's and Cornell's six and Princeton's four.  So, your statement about needing three or more finalists is spot on.

I assume for Cornell you meant 184 (Darmstadt), not 197, and 133 (Tucker), not 125 as possible finalists.

I was talking of the dark horse finalists for Cornell as “possibles.”  Guys who will be seeded 4th or worse (current standing but they could grow into 2-3 seeds by the tourney).  133 and 184 are locks.  Although I think 184 has more chance of upset than 133 because ben has resembled FLWC Darmstadt the past two weeks.  

Edited by Cptafw164

I also think three finalists can win the title depending on how much damage a 5/6 seeds can do in the quarters...especially teams not in the pre-seed championship race.  So, Princeton, Cornell, army and Lehigh all have pretty even chances.  

I like it being more even because it makes for less medical forfeits.  

Edited by Cptafw164