Sign in to follow this  
Scorenomore

Flo Disrespects ASU

46 minutes ago, ThorsteinV said:

While we’re on the subject, has anyone else noticed that the flo bros have all ‘cancelled’ Willie? He engages with them on Twitter but they essentially ignore him.  It seems as if their bosses told them not to interact with him.. pretty childish.

Don't really know the whole story with Willie but as a commentator, he was not as informed as his counterparts and seemed to be on there for his character, which I liked by the way.  I'm certainly not going pick one over the other over it.  

I thought flow had it for a while as the first article when you go to their website.  Then as stories come in, it gets moved down the queue.  Same as intermat.

i don’t see any bias.  Since that match, there is just more news and the way those sites work is that they list the most current stories to the top.

The ASU result was a really big story, and the big crowd outside of the usual suspects was an important development, so you'd expect the most trafficked website in the sport to give it significant coverage.  

But I assume that a relative lack of video played into it.  Their usual method of major coverage is match and interview videos and I don't think they had any, so they couldn't really do much in terms of giving major play to content since they didn't have any 

Probably the bigger problem wasn't failing to play it up, but in having nothing to play up -- either by having someone there to get interviews and/or fighting to get rights to broadcast or at least tape the matches (I know zero about the particulars of who had rights and who didn't, I assume others might know). 

On 11/23/2019 at 10:18 PM, Scorenomore said:

No dog in the fight, but when a team upsets a dynasty - that is front page news!  Flo has ISU v Iowa instead?  ASU deserves its 15 minutes of fame!

True, but they did only beat Purdue 22-19 - that tells you about the missing Lions

3 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Sustained 2 hour viewership will drive revenue faster than the incremental clicks on an available but lower-placed news story. 

Not really.  They have very little ads amongst a 2 hour livestream.  Revenue comes from the ads which are prior to the video clips.  That being said the real revenue comes from being the most trusted source for news and coverage for a given space.  Flo fails to give adequate coverage to events that they don’t cover.  If wrestling were bigger, that would be a problem, but the small market of wrestling combined with the fact that they are light years ahead of everyone else means that they can ignore events that they don’t cover with little to no consequence.