TBar1977

Iowa State vs Iowa

13 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Beating Kutler would be tough but beating Mark is possible because he so inconsistent. You never know which Mark Hall shows up on the mat, especially during his more competitive match-ups.

I'm guessing you are kidding about Hall being inconsistent. 30-1 last year, 32-1 in 2018. If you take out Zahid Valencia Hall is a 3 time NCAA champ going for his 4th.

His 1st 2nd 2nd and probably another 1st is the kind of inconsistency any coach would kill for.

11 minutes ago, 77again said:

I'm guessing you are kidding about Hall being inconsistent. 30-1 last year, 32-1 in 2018. If you take out Zahid Valencia Hall is a 3 time NCAA champ going for his 4th.

His 1st 2nd 2nd and probably another 1st is the kind of inconsistency any coach would kill for.

Yes, he's consistent in winning, yet inconsistent in how he wins. Some times his wins are dominant while others are close - too close. That's makes him vulnerable. 

1 minute ago, Perry said:

The officiating overall was subpar. Lugo match was a mess. Interested to see of nelson is that starter over wilcke going forward

I was in the arena so hard to see what really went down in the Degen match but Kaleb Young getting two stall calls while ISU’s entire lineup got one is absolutely laughable.

3 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I was in the arena so hard to see what really went down in the Degen match but Kaleb Young getting two stall calls while ISU’s entire lineup got one is absolutely laughable.

Overall I would agree which is why I say the officiating was suspect. It wasn't against either team per say it was just bad. Young deserved the calls he got but there were several ISU guys who deserved calls and received none. 

1 hour ago, nom said:

So, tuned in as Lugo was about to get reversal.  Then suddenly Degen has Lugo on his back ... near pin.   Woah.  That was a pretty cool move by Degen.   Well .... turns out, since he was in 'control' he locked hands around the waist and thus no go.  Clock rewound back and Lugo gets a point.  

I thought locked hands was ok if used in a pinning combination .... Degen used it to put Lugo to his back.  No good?

It is, but you can't use it to turn somebody when you're on top. It's fine to keep you hands locked on a body lock if you take somebody to their back. You can't be on top, lock up a chest lock, and then crank somebody over with it. Otherwise, you'd see people using gut wrenches as tilts. Easy call, and embarrassing that the main ref missed it the first time. I was actually rooting for him to call the fall because it would have made the reversal more painful for ISU fans lol.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

How did he not get the danger call there either? Plus losing the back points and fall. 

Lugo had 5 lives in that match. 

I get the neutral danger, but why are you going on about the back points? Degen used an illegal move to put him on his back. Would you consider him to be robbed if he took Lugo over with a full nelson too?

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Well, I figured if you are going to try to paint me as a know-it-all to discredit me, I might as well run with it.

I didn't try to paint anything. I just reacted to you taking an unsolicited cheap shot ... "It's a conspiracy tbar"

You discredit yourself, russellscout.

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Yes, he's consistent in winning, yet inconsistent in how he wins. Some times his wins are dominant while others are close - too close. That's makes him vulnerable. 

Also shows he can win in a myriad of ways, which makes him difficult to beat. No one currently in the weight class has ever once beaten him.

Edited by TBar1977

57 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I get the neutral danger, but why are you going on about the back points? Degen used an illegal move to put him on his back. Would you consider him to be robbed if he took Lugo over with a full nelson too?

No. And my point went overboard.

Edited by TBar1977