Sign in to follow this  
closer617

David Carr...it wasnt a UPSET!!!!!

53 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

You are being really rough on all those people who said Young was a prohibitive favorite.

In fairness he still is.

One thing we know about Young us November Young <<<<< March Young.

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am sorry but A) No he isn't B) "This isn't march" is the go-to for posters who don't feel like thinking.

Nah, I had Carr winning. Check out the darkhorse thread. Pretty much nailed it.

I still have Young as a mid->high AA, which was right where I had him before.

The right day for him and the wrong for another guy or two and he is up there wrestling for the title.

31 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Nah, I had Carr winning. Check out the darkhorse thread. Pretty much nailed it.

I still have Young as a mid->high AA, which was right where I had him before.

The right day for him and the wrong for another guy or two and he is up there wrestling for the title.

Well then you just can't read. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 minute ago, AnklePicker said:

If you’ve seen Carr enough you know he can be much more dynamic than what he showed today. See his match with Molinaro. Carr will improve more by March than Young imo. 

Carr isn't a spring chicken. This is is a junior world champ, redshirt, in an era where high schoolers are ready to wrestle for NCAA titles immediately. 

Their improvement is going to be based on who takes to the grind of the college season. 

Finally had time to watch iowa vs iowa state. Made the mistake of going to the hawkeyereport when working for updates. Some of those posters made it sound like young didnt wrestle, but it looked like two top 5 guys going to work. That was a solid match. Carr is super talented.  Young has been there before. Carr could easily improve more but still place behind or lose to Young "when it counts", but the kid is good, and has a bright future. They both looked solid until Carr opened it up at the end with the takedown and turn. That was fun.

8 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Well then you just can't read. 

What'd I miss?

I admittedly have not caught up yet on all the weekend.

My filler time this weekend was a long distance driving as well as Garden Bros circus.

Pretty much able to see Kemdawgs, Brands, and the Carr matches only.

Kemdawg is looking good enough to make Hall worry.

Brands is looking like if he gets the full-time starter nod, he will contend to place on grit alone.

Carr didn't NOT control a single moment of his match with Young, and even got a stall point. I expect Young to peak appropriately for B1Gs and NCAAs accordingly.

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Pretty much able to see Kemdawgs, Brands, and the Carr matches only.

Kemdawg is looking good enough to make Hall worry.

Brands is looking like if he gets the full-time starter nod, he will contend to place on grit alone.

Carr didn't NOT control a single moment of his match with Young, and even got a stall point. I expect Young to peak appropriately for B1Gs and NCAAs accordingly.

Your double negative does not make sense.  Carr has an interesting style, he backs up a lot to set up his shots.  At Worlds this year, he was doing it to the point I was getting nervous he would get cautioned out of his matches.

First period I thought Carr was getting controlled, back to the edge and so on. When Young got that single on the edge and Carr fought it off. When Carr escaped in the second it was clear we had a match. Third period was all Carr. He took five shots for every shot Young took, if he took any at all. Young was all about defense and Carr got stronger as the match went on. 

4 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

Your double negative does not make sense.  Carr has an interesting style, he backs up a lot to set up his shots.  At Worlds this year, he was doing it to the point I was getting nervous he would get cautioned out of his matches.

You described precisely what I mean. He was in control without controlling. Styles and all.

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What'd I miss?

I admittedly have not caught up yet on all the weekend.

My filler time this weekend was a long distance driving as well as Garden Bros circus.

I said sarcastically that the OP was rough on all those people who thought young was a prohibitive favorite (cause those people don't exist).

You responded "In Fairness yes he is" which I took to mean young was somehow still a prohibitive favorite...then said you chose carr...something is off.

46 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I said sarcastically that the OP was rough on all those people who thought young was a prohibitive favorite (cause those people don't exist).

You responded "In Fairness yes he is" which I took to mean young was somehow still a prohibitive favorite...then said you chose carr...something is off.

I believe he is one of four favorites at 157 right now. I believe Carr is one and my opinion is that he is better. 

8 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Do you know what a prohibitive favorite is?

Yes.  There are no prohibitive favorites at 157.  There are clear favorites, though.  That is what I mean and how I mean.  He is still a contender to win it all come March.