Jimmy Cinnabon

Is this Marinelli's year?

I would be really surprised if anyone but Joseph can beat him.  His 2 toughest matchups in Lewis and Marsteller are gone.  I think he has Wick figured out.  I am not quite ready to bet on him being a Finalist, but I would put solid money on top 4(as long as he stays healthy).

Marinelli still seems susceptible to leg attacks to me. Evidence of this can be seen at ISU. Straw was able to get in for a TD in the 1st period and had his legs not disappeared, possibly another two times. Better opponents will have the tank to match Marinelli's tank. Moreover, they'll be more skilled than Straw.

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I would be really surprised if anyone but Joseph can beat him.  His 2 toughest matchups in Lewis and Marsteller are gone.  I think he has Wick figured out.  I am not quite ready to bet on him being a Finalist, but I would put solid money on top 4(as long as he stays healthy).

Those matches with Wick have been close. Wick may not beat him, but he can beat him imo. 

38 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Those matches with Wick have been close. Wick may not beat him, but he can beat him imo. 

You get a ref who sees Wicks strategy on top as offense and he wins a couple of those matches against Marinelli. I hate watching the Bull wrestle Wick! 

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

You get a ref who sees Wicks strategy on top as offense and he wins a couple of those matches against Marinelli. I hate watching the Bull wrestle Wick! 

Except you usually see the opposite come NCAA tournament time.  If you essentially wrestle a 1 trick pony match, if that 1 trick is top wrestling, you won't make it through that tournament.

Now, that isn't to say he is solely that, but against a guy like Marinelli, he is.

I am not saying that Wick can't beat him, just that I would be fully surprised if he did.

Meanwhile, he has beaten Joseph 2x's, both rather convincingly, and I would still be afraid to bet on Alex.  I just think Joseph can adapt to Marinelli, while Wick is still going to be fully dependent on the top position.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The Bull has been a stud in the regular season and is undefeated vs Joseph yet he has faltered at NCAAs, finishing 6th and 7th.  Now with Mekhi the Juggernaut Lewis out on ORS is this finally Marinelli's year to win it all?

I say YES

I say NO

On 11/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, TBar1977 said:

Except for NCAA 2018 when Wick got two takedowns and cradled him twice for a 16-3 dominating clobbering of the Bull. 

Last year, Brands running out, putting finger in face and screaming at the ref who called Marinelli for stalling twice  "YOU SUCK"  pretty much set the stage for refs hesitation on calling stalling on Marinelli.