Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Brands vs Smith

No way brands wins...he just beat colbray in ot and beat Waddell by 1, joe smith is a 2x AA who lost to mark hall by 1 at 174 last year, he’s beaten Kemerer and with a good weight cut he’d probably beat marnelli. I absolutely do not like Oklahoma state but give the guy the respect he deserves 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

No way brands wins...he just beat colbray in ot and beat Waddell by 1, joe smith is a 2x AA who lost to mark hall by 1 at 174 last year, he’s beaten Kemerer and with a good weight cut he’d probably beat marnelli. I absolutely do not like Oklahoma state but give the guy the respect he deserves 

Joe Smith is in a big slump right now.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Joe Smith is in a big slump right now.

Slump? He cut to much weight last year  and still went 3-2 at ncaas, he was fine at 174 last year torched McFadden beat hidley..joe smith is a proven wrestler, brands is off to a great start but joe smith would bonus colbray and Waddell 

I'm sure young Mr Brands will be a load for the next 4 years.  His Dad and Uncle were as tough as they come.  When they came through there was an unusual number of brother acts come through all kind of overlapping each other.  The Smiths, Brands, Steiners, Banachs, Schultz, Carrs...  Man, o man all of those guys were freakin monsters.  Of course even before them, the Kellers, Peterson and Milkovich brothers.   I wish Joe nothing but health and happiness, with a little success thrown in.  I'm pulling for him to make a good run down the stretch.  Sometimes, injuries and just the grind of college sports beats these guys up pretty good.  I think Joe could have a decent shot at AA status, if he gets on track again.  It's a tough sport, really tough.

34 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Slump? He cut to much weight last year  and still went 3-2 at ncaas, he was fine at 174 last year torched McFadden beat hidley..joe smith is a proven wrestler, brands is off to a great start but joe smith would bonus colbray and Waddell 

Definitely a slump.  He needs a big win.

Smith loses at 174 all day right now to the Brands we have seen this far. He would eventually break Smith(think Downey-Martin at the bbn open last year).

They will/would wrestling off after Brands cut 2lbs and Smith cut 11lbs.

Wrestle it at 185. Give me Smith then, but it's a close one by the end. Brands and being FFT keeps it very respectable.

Right now? Both would contend for AA at 184.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Smith loses at 174 all day right now to the Brands we have seen this far. He would eventually break Smith(think Downey-Martin at the bbn open last year).

They will/would wrestling off after Brands cut 2lbs and Smith cut 11lbs.

Wrestle it at 185. Give me Smith then, but it's a close one by the end. Brands and being FFT keeps it very respectable.

Right now? Both would contend for AA at 184.

So Joe smith the multiple time AA who has wins over atleast 8 AAs and is a proven guy loses all day to a freshman who barely beat sammie colbray? Iowa fans need to pump those brakes and lay off the shine, the kid wrestles hard, but this is D1 wrestling a lot of guys wrestle hard why don’t you wait til he beats someone of note before you start proclaiming guys like joe smith have no chance against him 

44 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

So Joe smith the multiple time AA who has wins over atleast 8 AAs and is a proven guy loses all day to a freshman who barely beat sammie colbray? Iowa fans need to pump those brakes and lay off the shine, the kid wrestles hard, but this is D1 wrestling a lot of guys wrestle hard why don’t you wait til he beats someone of note before you start proclaiming guys like joe smith have no chance against him 

Are yuu daft, did you not read the rest of the post, or did you never cut weight before?

C'mon man. Your name should be Antiantitroll.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Are yuu daft, did you not read the rest of the post, or did you never cut weight before?

C'mon man. Your name should be Antiantitroll.

Joe smith has never shown a single issue wrestling at 174 so idk why it’s assumed he ll struggle, last at 174 before his grandfather died and he started making the descent to 165 he looked better then ever at 174. If this was a conversation at 165 I’d agree with you but I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the proven guy ...when do ok st and Iowa wrestle this year?

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Joe smith has never shown a single issue wrestling at 174 so idk why it’s assumed he ll struggle, last at 174 before his grandfather died and he started making the descent to 165 he looked better then ever at 174. If this was a conversation at 165 I’d agree with you but I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the proven guy ...when do ok st and Iowa wrestle this year?

You are ignoring the OP. A match at 174 right now. When Joe just weighed in at 185 whereas Nelson weighed in at 176. You're ignoring that he had 11lbs to cut to make 174. I even acknowledged that if it was 184 I'd take Smith.

Rewatch Smith's match at 174 with Lewis last year while he was on decent(cutting weight). He got tooled and smothered. No gas.

You're not even making any sense or respecting correlating information.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

PS @Antitroll2828... definitely not an Iowa fan. A fan of wrestling who actually watches wrestling and isn't a biased dumb $HlT.

So you watched brands come from behind to beat sammie colbray and thought wow yea this guy can make the NCAA finals this year? Joe smith could very well be anywhere from 2-5 this year and that’s expected, if brands is in the 7/8 match at nationals that’ll be a huge accomplishment...and to call me biased because I don’t buy that Nelson brands is the second coming because he beat sammie colbray and Matt Waddell? The man has 2 career matches slow down 

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You are ignoring the OP. A match at 174 right now. When Joe just weighed in at 185 whereas Nelson weighed in at 176. You're ignoring that he had 11lbs to cut to make 174. I even acknowledged that if it was 184 I'd take Smith.

Rewatch Smith's match at 174 with Lewis last year while he was on decent(cutting weight). He got tooled and smothered. No gas.

You're not even making any sense or respecting correlating information.

So your argument is that because joe smith lost a match last year at 174 while in the process of cutting down to 165 to Daniel Lewis a 4 time AA and one of the best top wrestlers in the country that some how translates to Nelson brands beating joe smith? Not every time joe smith cuts weight he falls apart like last year, he cut to 157 and wrestled great..your entire argument is based on you assuming joe smith can’t cut weight because he had issues 1 year 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

So you watched brands come from behind to beat sammie colbray and thought wow yea this guy can make the NCAA finals this year? Joe smith could very well be anywhere from 2-5 this year and that’s expected, if brands is in the 7/8 match at nationals that’ll be a huge accomplishment...and to call me biased because I don’t buy that Nelson brands is the second coming because he beat sammie colbray and Matt Waddell? The man has 2 career matches slow down 

We should probably add to the narrative that he was wrestling UP a weight to beat two pretty decent guys. We won't see Brands vs Smith unless Kem has an injury - so at this point it's all pretty moot and speculation. Brands definitely has the gas tank factor in his favor and Smith has the experience factor.  Would be a great matchup not only for the wrestling but for the nostalgia of son vs son. 

Just now, Idaho said:

We should probably add to the narrative that he was wrestling UP a weight to beat two pretty decent guys. We won't see Brands vs Smith unless Kem has an injury - so at this point it's all pretty moot and speculation. Brands definitely has the gas tank factor in his favor and Smith has the experience factor.  Would be a great matchup not only for the wrestling but for the nostalgia of son vs son. 

I agree it would be great for wrestling and I’m not knocking Nelson brands he’s tough as hell but I think he’s being hyped a little to much, just let him wrestle it’s only November and people are taking him over multiple AAs  , I think the real argument is if joe smith can beat Kemerer, they had an OT and a one point match at 157 and smith Kemerer could be an ncaa semi

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You're a rather dramatic person. Extreme to extreme to extreme.

You need to calm down. We are all fans wrestling here. Even scumbag JimmySpinnabon.