moveurfeet32

Can Desanto be any more Unsportsmanlike?

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Like Ed “Taco Bell” Ruth?  Carl likes to give second chances to guys who can score big points at NCAAs.  What about poor Teasdale, why no second chance for him?

He gave Teasdale plenty of chances. Teasdale wasn't living right according to his own self in a recent interview.

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

...who drank too much and fought a police officer. I really dont know that many college kids who needed to be tazed. Tbar, we have been on this carousel too many times but I think Witherman makes a good point here:

I lived about 3 hours away from Creston, but still heard plenty about Andrew. He had plenty of a reputation in Iowa and it wasnt just for wrestling. He is just another example of a troubled kid that was able to get away with anything because he was so damn talented. 

Maybe to you it doesnt seem that obvious, but to anyone around at that time who knew about Longs upbringing and his growing rap sheet, it was clear that it wasnt going to end up well without intervention.

Marstellar fought a police officer. You had a wrestler literally shoot a team mate. Your Iowa team also  had wrestlers charged with burglary. One of them now wrestles for jchapman's favorite team, the Wisconsin Badgers. 

Glass houses much?

Edited by TBar1977

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Marstellar fought a police officer. You had a wrestler literally shoot a team mate. You had wrestlers doing home robberies, didn't you? 

Glass houses much?

Yeah, and Marsetller saw consequences. Those wrestlers that were involved in stealing from garages? Saw consequences. Hell, Gross ended up leaving. You think it was easy for Tom to see a talent like that go?

The fact that some guys do bad things is not the issue. Its that in Long's case, Cael didnt think it was necessary when KJ kicked him off the team and wanted him to do counseling first.

Edited by russelscout

Just now, russelscout said:

Yeah, and Marsetller saw consequences. Those wrestlers that were involved in stealing from garages? Saw consequences. Hell, Gross ended up leaving. You think it was easy for Tom to see a talent like that go?

Long saw consequences. What is your point? 

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Long saw consequences. What is your point? 

After he sexually assulted someone, yes. After he got in trouble in Ames, got tasered and fought a cop he got a trip to State College with a scholarship and a free pass to start wrestling right away. 

He was allowed to run away from his problems. That ussually does not end up great in the long run, but tell yourself what you need Tbar. You keep believing that no one could have seen something bad coming.

Its really just like the people and coaches who let Daton Racer run from his problems. It didnt end up great there either.

Edited by russelscout

Hawkeye Montell Marion was in and out of trouble multiple times according to articles I can link. That all culminated with a domestic assault charge.

Another article states Hawkeye Alex Meyer was arrested for shooting/ hunting animals right in the middle of campus. 

Should I go on? 

Iowa wrestling is no basket of purity. 

Edited by TBar1977

Well there’s not a one of us that hasn’t made poor choices, of course some choices go way beyond poor, but when we talk about some of these athletes, I think we should focus on how they have been able to move on from their mistake(s) and rebuild. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Let me point out the obvious. At tge time Cael gave Long a second chance, he had not committed sexual assault. He was just another college kid who drank too much. Maybe even got into a fight.

So back on the topic, you’re aware Cael was interested in DeSanto right?

How do topics always morph into whether PSU or Iowa has better integrity, wrestlers, tactics, morals, size of manhood, etc...?

The topic was about sportsmanship. AD's sucks. It probably makes him a better competitor on the mat. It makes him fun to love or hate based on which side of the mat you're on. I love to watch him lose. That doesn't, nor will it happen very often. But he is hardly enemy #1. And any coach would be willing to put him in their singlet if they had a slot for him and that is an fact although impossible to prove. I think posters should just stay on topic instead of trying to prove higher ground.

If you want a morality thread, start one and go to town.

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Hawkeye Montell Marion was in and out of trouble multiple times according to articles I can link. That all culminated with a domestic assault charge.

Another article states Hawkeye Alex Meyer was arrested for shooting/ hunting animals right in the middle of campus. 

Should I go on? 

Go on. The charges of domestic assult were dropped and this was after he graduated.

You wont see one where a wrestler assulted a police officer and got an immediate shot to compete. You probably couldnt find a similar example anywhere in the country.

Edited by russelscout

1 hour ago, 82bordeaux said:

How do topics always morph into whether PSU or Iowa has better integrity, wrestlers, tactics, morals, size of manhood, etc...?

Bc someone starts a thread accusing Iowa or one of their wrestlers of having poor morals. Then someone says "Cael would never", followed by "well he did use Andrew Long to win his first title". Then the arguement ensues. Its the same exact thing every time.

1 hour ago, 82bordeaux said:

The topic was about sportsmanship. AD's sucks. It probably makes him a better competitor on the mat. It makes him fun to love or hate based on which side of the mat you're on. I love to watch him lose. That doesn't, nor will it happen very often. But he is hardly enemy #1. And any coach would be willing to put him in their singlet if they had a slot for him and that is an fact although impossible to prove. I think posters should just stay on topic instead of trying to prove higher ground.

If you want a morality thread, start one and go to town.

Well not Drexel apparently 

30 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Bc someone starts a thread accusing Iowa or one of their wrestlers of having poor morals. Then someone says "Cael would never", followed by "well he did use Andrew Long to win his first title". Then the arguement ensues. Its the same exact thing every time.

Maybe the two sides can meet up Thursday morning in the parking lot of US Bank Stadium and settle it once and for all. Who needs to see the actual wrestling?

All joking aside, it's going to be one hell of an NCAA Championship, even with all the ORS being taken.

23 minutes ago, 82bordeaux said:

Maybe the two sides can meet up Thursday morning in the parking lot of US Bank Stadium and settle it once and for all. Who needs to see the actual wrestling?

All joking aside, it's going to be one hell of an NCAA Championship, even with all the ORS being taken.

You read this @TBar1977? Lets fight this thing out like real men.

Bringing up Long in the way you brought him up escalated this. You have been the worst offender in this thread, russellscout. 

Go on. The charges of domestic assult were dropped and this was after he graduated.

You wont see one where a wrestler assulted a police officer and got an immediate shot to compete. You probably couldnt find a similar example anywhere in the country.

Vince turk shot Sam Stoll and lied to the police about it...something that’s a felony and mandatory jail time in a lot of states and Brands suspended them 1 match so please try not to break your leg stepping down from your high horse 

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Should I go on? 

The domestic assault charge was bogus and was dismissed. You left that out. 

As a freshman, Alex Meyer was arrested for rabbit hunting on campus. Oh My. Alex is in medical school now. He's a real bad dude. 

11 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Vince turk shot Sam Stoll and lied to the police about it...something that’s a felony and mandatory jail time in a lot of states and Brands suspended them 1 match so please try not to break your leg stepping down from your high horse 

You got this all wrong. Turk thought Stoll was an intruder and shot him. No charges were filed. Stoll would not give police a straight story wanting to protect Turk - not a crime in Iowa. Tell me where this is a felony "with mandatory jail." 

16 minutes ago, headache said:

You got this all wrong. Turk thought Stoll was an intruder and shot him. No charges were filed. Stoll would not give police a straight story wanting to protect Turk - not a crime in Iowa. Tell me where this is a felony "with mandatory jail." 

Lying to police about a shooting is felony in a lot of places 

38 minutes ago, headache said:

The domestic assault charge was bogus and was dismissed. You left that out. 

As a freshman, Alex Meyer was arrested for rabbit hunting on campus. Oh My. Alex is in medical school now. He's a real bad dude. 

You left out that it wasn't even wabbit season.

59 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Bringing up Long in the way you brought him up escalated this. You have been the worst offender in this thread, russellscout. 

I am not the one who brought up Long, but I find it ridiculous that you try to create this narrative with him as your average, everyday college kid who had a few too many beers.

There does seem to be a relatively high % of thugs in this sport. About half my HS team was delinquents.  They'd steal candy bars and stuff in convenience stores, they'd even steal silverware when the coach took us to a restaurant.

Too much testosterone, maybe.

Edited by TobusRex

18 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I am not the one who brought up Long, but I find it ridiculous that you try to create this narrative with him as your average, everyday college kid who had a few too many beers.

I am not trying to create any narrative. I just feel a response is warranted to YOUR RUSSELLSCOUT THEME that Cael Sanderson is somehow a bad person for giving Andrew Long a second chance. It really is that simple, russellscout.