moveurfeet32

Can Desanto be any more Unsportsmanlike?

On 11/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, russelscout said:

Terry Brands and Jeff Prescott both got DQd for fighting the year before their infamous match in Carver. Its safe to say that Gable would have found a way to deal with a wrestler like Desanto.

Gable dealt with two of them; Tom and Terry Brands.  Supposedly Terry Brands ripped a hammerlock on Prescott and then Prescott kicked him.  I have never seen video of the incident, but it sounds like it could have been very close to what Desanto did.  

On 11/27/2019 at 8:47 AM, Plasmodium said:

To answer the OP's question, YBYA it could be worse. He will get his come comeuppance on the mat.  He looks like the kind of guy that will think he has really done something when he gets to Gross' legs.  He will find out different.

lol

On 11/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, TBar1977 said:

If he wants to do some more Desantics vs. Gross, he should wait until the match is over. That way he can walk out of Carver in one piece. Anything early and Gross can roll him like a thin slice of thanksgiving turkey. 

lol

14 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Still waiting to hear from the multiple DeSanto haters who told us that Gross was going to "roll DeSanto."

How about eating some crow, or humble pie after he wasn't rolled up like "thinly sliced turkey."

Clowns.

I think they are on other threads discrediting the win because of weight cut, Carver, early season woes, alignment of pluto and mercury with the sun. 3 TDs to 0 and one sequence where Desanto out scrambled Gross avoiding the TD, but yeah it must of been a fluke. 

22 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Still waiting to hear from the multiple DeSanto haters who told us that Gross was going to "roll DeSanto."

How about eating some crow, or humble pie after he wasn't rolled up like "thinly sliced turkey."

Clowns.

The two posts in the match thread were not enough for you? Who is the clown here? 

Looks like you want to singlehandedly remind everyone why they hated Iowa so much all those years. 

Edited by TBar1977

On 11/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, TBar1977 said:

Another article states Hawkeye Alex Meyer was arrested for shooting/ hunting animals right in the middle of campus. 

Should I go on?

A couple things about this post... They were using air soft guns and BB guns to hunt rabbits. Both are just powerful enough to maybe break the skin.
And “middle of campus” where did you get that? They weren’t walking down the crowded Ped Mall. They were in a wooded area, technically still on campus.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1719643

Edited by WrestleFan24
Link

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The two posts in the match thread were not enough for you? Who is the clown here? 

Looks like you want to singlehandedly remind everyone why they hated Iowa so much all those years. 

I will give you credit Tbar. Although I disagree with you on almost everything about life in general, when it comes to taking losses and eating crow, you do it better than most. 

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I will give you credit Tbar. Although I disagree with you on almost everything about life in general, when it comes to taking losses and eating crow, you do it better than most. 

When the other guy is better you want to recognize that. Give them credit where credit is due. Desanto was better yesterday and so was Iowa. They looked damn impressive. If we can't acknowledge as much then what is sport about?

49 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Don't consider myself an Iowa fan.  I like Lee, Marinelli, and DeSanto and a couple of the younger guys look entertaining so far.

I'm just sick of Penn State, and especially of their fan base.  I have actually been to Penn State a lot more than I have been to Iowa.  

56 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I think they are on other threads discrediting the win because of weight cut, Carver, early season woes, alignment of pluto and mercury with the sun. 3 TDs to 0 and one sequence where Desanto out scrambled Gross avoiding the TD, but yeah it must of been a fluke. 

I wasn't sure what Gross was trying. I guess since AD was taking it to him on their feet he thought he had a better chance to turn him and just ride for the whole third period.

5 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

I wasn't sure what Gross was trying. I guess since AD was taking it to him on their feet he thought he had a better chance to turn him and just ride for the whole third period.

Gross got to the leg, but AD kept tying up his arms. Gross scores there 99.99999% of the time.

3 hours ago, AHamilton said:

lol

A lot of things happened between the time I made these predictions and the match took place.  Turns out:

A) Gross is injured

B) Gross ate too much this week

C) The scale in Madison is calibrated poorly and Gross had to cut seven extra pounds.

D) DeSanto improved and surprised Gross.

These issues will all be corrected by Midlands.  Don't worry, you'll get your cinnamon roll.

Just watched the match.  What is there to even complain about?  Gross throws an illegal arm bar, falls off, and DeSanto climbs on top as the whistle blows then covers about a quarter of a second later.  Gets up and motions he is under control.  Guy didnt do anything.

7 hours ago, olddirty said:

Just watched the match.  What is there to even complain about?  Gross throws an illegal arm bar, falls off, and DeSanto climbs on top as the whistle blows then covers about a quarter of a second later.  Gets up and motions he is under control.  Guy didnt do anything.

This thread began prior to Iowa-Wisconsin.  It was more of a career achievement award.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, AHamilton said:

Clowns.

I'm not a DeSanto hater, but did not expect him to beat Gross.  After the Farrell, I probably gave him a 10-20% chance, and the Lamont match did nothing to change that.  I assumed the Spann match was an anomaly, and likely explained by Farrell weight cut.  Gross was likely closer to 125 than 33 for that match, and still dropping.  I was actually surprised he bothered to wrestle at all.

That said, as good as DeSanto clearly is, that was as bad as I've ever seen Gross look (including against Tariq Wilson at the 2018 NCAAs).

It's obviously possible that DeSanto simply made him look that bad, but when Todd Small defended single legs better than Gross, and just days earlier, that seems unlikely.

Had Gross given up three dumps, I'd wonder if it was a scouting issue, and that he was just unprepared for DeSantos triceps work, but IIRC, two of DeSanto's takedowns were just quickly finished standard singles, and Gross never gives those up.

Again, maybe DeSanto figured him out; after all, he did attack the opposite leg for the first time I can remember, and he's obviously expanded his neutral offense considerably at Iowa.

That's clearly a possibility, but it's hard to reconcile Gross' performance with his Farrell results, especially now that his weight isn't as much of an issue.

Regardless, that was a huge win for DeSanto, and a huge boon for Iowa's title hopes.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, olddirty said:

Not that either wrestler was unsportsmanlike, but I'm pretty sure the armbar was potentially dangerous, not illegal.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:44 AM, russelscout said:

Gross got to the leg, but AD kept tying up his arms. Gross scores there 99.99999% of the time.

Doesn't Gross score most of neutral points off counters?

And I don't remember him getting to DeSanto's leg much at all, if ever.

If he's battling any sort of leg injury (and he looked more "off" than Spencer did all of last year), taking top makes even more sense, as does the fact that he never cut him.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, WrestleFan24 said:

A couple things about this post... They were using air soft guns and BB guns to hunt rabbits. Both are just powerful enough to maybe break the skin.
And “middle of campus” where did you get that? They weren’t walking down the crowded Ped Mall. They were in a wooded area, technically still on campus.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1719643

Frankly, if that's true, it bothers me more than if they were actually hunting.

Perhaps there's more to the story, but if they were simply trying to injure a few rabbits, that's f^cked up.

Hunting anywhere on campus seems like poor judgment, but it beats animal cruelty by any measure.

Clearly DeSanto has some type of disability. It’s easy for observers calling for him to be removed from the program. I’m not a Brands fan but I credit him for working with DeSanto. My daughter is autistic and  periodically exhibits socially inappropriate behavior. There isn’t anything we have not done, (excluding physical punishment), trying to get her to change. Bottom line she can’t help herself. Only those that have lived and loved someone with a cognitive disability understands what I mean. 

Don’t hesitate to send a prayer my way and also one towards Iowa. 

5 hours ago, whaletail said:

And I don't remember him getting to DeSanto's leg much at all, if ever.

Did you even whatch the match?

5 hours ago, whaletail said:

Doesn't Gross score most of neutral points off counters?

He also scores off his own attacks. He just won the Bill Farrell scoring off his own attacks.

Its pretty pathetic that some cant just acknowledge a good job when its done. I point out a specific sequence that AD did well on and you argue that it may not have actually happened, isnt really a strong position for Gross, and that gross was more "off" than Spencer last year, despite the fact that he wrestled the whole 7 minutes. Give me a break.

Edited by russelscout