Sign in to follow this  
scramble

J'Den Cox

Is it me or does J'Den look thinner in the face in his USA Thanksgiving video.  I flipped back to some of his interviews from the world championships and it seems his cheek and jaw line is leaning up.  He definitely doesn't look heavier which I would think should be the case by now if he was going up. 

37 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I agree.

I know part of the IOC's rationale is that there are too many medals for wrestling. Why can't we just eliminate the ridiculous double-Bronze and add a couple weights instead? 

It's not too many medals in total.

The issue is that the IOC has allocated a set amount of time for the wrestling event.  If you add more weights you have to reduce the field size for each weight class in order to be able to fit it into the wrestling slot.

The goal of the double bronze is to get more unique nations with wrestling medals.  Dropping the double bronze and adding more weights would only result in less countries getting medals.  You would end up with a few countries dominating even more.   Many nations invest in the sports that win medals.  The double bronze gets more money into wrestling.

40 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I agree.

I know part of the IOC's rationale is that there are too many medals for wrestling. Why can't we just eliminate the ridiculous double-Bronze and add a couple weights instead? 

They don’t care about double bronze; it’s really about gold medals.  They like the double bronze.  More countries winning medals means more countries actually practice the sport at the Olympic level.  They other thing the IOC is worried about is beds in the Olympic village and this is why the number of qualifiers shrank.  

Just asked my Magic 8-ball if Cox was going down to 86kg and it said "Signs point to yes"...
so take that for what it's worth but as far as I'm concerned that's a guarantee
I then asked it if I was awesome, and it hit me with "My Sources say No"... which was a real blow to the ole confidence. 
Thank God we have grappling this weekend,  I need to heal. 

Edited by spladle08

49 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Just asked my Magic 8-ball if Cox was going down to 86kg and it said "Signs point to yes"...
so take that for what it's worth but as far as I'm concerned that's a guarantee
I then asked it if I was awesome, and it hit me with "My Sources say No"... which was a real blow to the ole confidence. 
Thank God we have grappling this weekend,  I need to heal. 

The simple fact that you might still have one of those Magic 8 Balls like I do put you on a level higher than most people. Everyone trying to predict the winners of matches when all they had to do was give the 8-Ball a shake and look for the answer. SMH