Sign in to follow this  
KR1963

Everything PSU Blog

I have been sick over the past year so I have had a lot of free time to post lots of PSU data on 6 different boards. I am getting better now so I will have less time to do this so to consolidate it all I have started a blog. Here are my 1st 2 posts on it, Cael's Radio show summarized.

Cael Sanderson Radio Show NOTES 02/09/2011 Everything Penn State

Cael Sanderson Radio Show NOTES 02/16/2011 Everything Penn State

I should be getting the interview up on Thursday with Ed Ruth so feel free to share it with everyone on Facebook & Twitter & e-mail list.

I will be also doing a weekly interview during the season with PSU beat writer from the CDT Guy Cipriano along with the 20 Questions bit.

it is under construction in certain spots but be patient it will fill up.

Enjoy. K

Fascinating stuff! The excerpt below is the definitive word on a thread I started a while back on Jake Kemerer. I asked why he wasn't doing as well as the others in his class, although he seemingly had the talent and pedigree. I received some criticism for the post, along the lines that it just takes some kids a little longer than others, and don't be so impatient.

Well, here's what Cael said:

"Regarding Jake Kemerer he is doing the exactly things he was doing in High School & that is something he has to address. It is to the point now where it just doesn’t work. You have to do the technique that works & that is just cut & dry. For him he isn’t doing what works & that’s why he is getting controlled in all 3 positions. It is a matter of being coach-able & doing what you have to do."

So, the kids not coachable? Ouch!

Fascinating stuff! The excerpt below is the definitive word on a thread I started a while back on Jake Kemerer. I asked why he wasn't doing as well as the others in his class, although he seemingly had the talent and pedigree. I received some criticism for the post, along the lines that it just takes some kids a little longer than others, and don't be so impatient.

"Regarding Jake Kemerer he is doing the exactly things he was doing in High School & that is something he has to address. It is to the point now where it just doesn’t work. You have to do the technique that works & that is just cut & dry. For him he isn’t doing what works & that’s why he is getting controlled in all 3 positions. It is a matter of being coach-able & doing what you have to do."

Personally I think Jake will do better @ 157 as he was @ 160 in HS. Then have DT bump up to 165. Dirk will be in the mix next year as well though he could go 174.

Just a side note, JK's OU recruiter is guess where now? Right down the road in LHU. Hmm...

Personally I think Jake will do better @ 157 as he was @ 160 in HS. Then have DT bump up to 165. Dirk will be in the mix next year as well though he could go 174.

Just a side note, JK's OU recruiter is guess where now? Right down the road in LHU. Hmm...

You're probably right about Kemerer's ideal weight. That said, a guy like Vollrath, who's in a similar situation size-wise, performed at a higher level when he got his opportunity. Lock Haven would be Kemerer's third school in 3 years: sometimes you have to look in the mirror, instead of changing the scenery again.

I'm sure it will be worked out that D. Alton and Molinaro will choose separate weights at 149 and 157 based on their off-season training and weight management programs. With A. Alton redshirting, and Taylor moving up to 165 Cowburn will likely go to 174, Ruth at 184, and Wright at 197 although he'll have to hit the weights hard and chug a few protein shakes. 125 will likely showcase Megaludis with Sherlock, Long, and Martellotti fighting it out for 133 and 141. I suspect McIntosh will RS next season. The Vollrath brothers will be in the mix at their respective weights, along with Fischer and English.

Next year PSU will graduate 3 Seniors:

149 Frank Molinaro

197 Clay Steadman

285 Cameron Wade

According to the current PSU roster the team next year, (2011-12) will additionally have 6 Juniors, 21 Sophomores & 7 incoming Freshman, (more maybe added).

At the individual weights (not excluding RS) PSU will have the following amount of wrestlers going into the 2012-13 campaign, (names listed alphabetically & SENIORS in CAPS, Juniors in italics):

125-6 (Conaway, Kelly, Martelotti, Megaludis, Morgan, Waters)

133-4 (Beitz, LONG, PEARSALL, R. Vollrath)

141-3 (Frey, Moran, Sherlock)

149-3 (A. Alton, D. Church, ENGLISH)

157-3 (D. Alton, FISCHER, J. Vollrath)

165-3 (Haug, Gorman, Taylor)

174-2 (Cowburn, Phillips)

184-3 (A. Church, McIntosh, Ruth)

197-3 (ORTEGA, Syrek, WRIGHT)

285-3 (Campbell, Gingrich, Ruggear)

Looking at this we can get a clearer picture of the what the team will need going in that year...(CLICK HERE FOR MORE...)

English has a good chance of starting at some point before he graduates. Even if he's at the same weight with Dylan Alton and others. He'll be tough to get through in the wrestle-offs. I think he just placed higher than Alton at the same weight class in a tournament a few weeks ago. He already had some big wins in college.