Sign in to follow this  
KR1963

Everything PSU Blog

So if you think that's asking too much, then post elsewhere. You have plenty of options to spew venom other places. This isn't one of them.

This isn't google, this is a wrestling message board. Nearly every newspaper has a section to comment, do it there.

exactly. who will be the pin-fall leader for psu this year?

So if you think that's asking too much, then post elsewhere. You have plenty of options to spew venom other places. This isn't one of them.

This isn't google, this is a wrestling message board. Nearly every newspaper has a section to comment, do it there.

exactly. who will be the pin-fall leader for psu this year?

Penn State Results

Jordan Conaway

1st Round WBTF Aaron Smith, Mercyhurst Northeast (MNE) 22-7

Quarterfinals WBTF Joey Lascani, MNE 17-1

Semifinals LBD #19 Garret Frey, Princeton 13-9

Consi Semifinals WBD Aaron Smith, MNE 8-2

3rd place match WBD Trey hicks, Clarion 3-1

Luke Frey

1st Round WBM Danny Gaylord Unattached 10-0

2nd Round WBD Alex Johnson Navy 6-0

Quarterfinals WBTF Robert Sherpard 15-0

Semifinals WBDEF Stephen Dutton, Lehigh

Finals LBD Daniel Neff, Unattached 5-1

Michael Waters

1st Round LBF Anthony Perotti, Unattached

1st Round Consi WBD Justin Goode, WVU, 8-3

2nd Round Consi WBD David DeVaugn, JCC, 8-3

3rd Round Consi LBD, Pat Hogan, 3-1

Rex Lutz

1st Round LBTF Visicaro 20-5

1st round consi WBD Jeff Yeatman, WVU 9-4

2nd Round Consi WBD Kyle Braddock, Clarion 10-3

3rd Round Consi LBD Josh Veltre, Unaatached 5-1

Andrew Church

1st Round WBD Albright, Navy 4-3

Quarterfinals WBTF Terwilliger, Penn State-Dubois, 15-0

Semifinals WBD Joshua Snook, Maryland 4-2

Finals LBF Keith Ryan, Pittsburgh-Johnstown, 1:12

Brandon Phillips

1st Round LBM Joshua Snook, Maryland 10-2

1st Round Consi WBD Colton Vanthof, Navy, 5-2

Quarterfinal Consi WBM Mark Colabucci, Unattached, 13-3

Semifinal Consi LBD Joshua Snook, Maryland, 8-6

Colin Campbell

1st Round WBD Gary Horner, 7-3

Quarterfinal, WBD Chance Rausher, Navy 5-2

Semifinal, LBM, Quinton McCorkle, Clarion, 9-0

Semifinal Consi LBD, William Smith, Rutgers, 4-2

Thankfully. None of this is wrestling related.

Actually, I've been hearing on talk radio today that Sandusky was close to the wrestling program.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, everything has come out due to an incident at a local high school involving Sandusky and the wrestling program - I believe it is actually Central Mountain, a school very familiar to all of us. Apparently Sandusky got caught fondling boys, and claimed he was teaching them "wrestling moves". Guy needs to be put out of his misery.

Actually JerseyTuff, your statement is highlighted in the Grand Jury Report (Victim # 1). It doesn't specifically state the high school but I think there are only two high schools in Clinton County.

Thankfully. None of this is wrestling related.

Actually, I've been hearing on talk radio today that Sandusky was close to the wrestling program.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, everything has come out due to an incident at a local high school involving Sandusky and the wrestling program - I believe it is actually Central Mountain, a school very familiar to all of us. Apparently Sandusky got caught fondling boys, and claimed he was teaching them "wrestling moves". Guy needs to be put out of his misery.

Actually JerseyTuff, your statement is highlighted in the Grand Jury Report (Victim # 1). It doesn't specifically state the high school but I think there are only two high schools in Clinton County.

Thanks Rak - I should check out that Report so I know what I am talking about - do you have a link?

And I am pretty sure it was Central Mountain mentioned on the radio yesterday - I was trying to work and listen at the same time.

Lord, I hope this doesn't end up in a huge black eye for the sport of wrestling. People that do not understand the sport may look at it as an avenue for perverted old men to fondle young boys. Crap, I really hate this Sandusky guy (and I try not to ever use the word/emotion hate with anyone. ever).

back to wrestling...PSU vs Bloom

Predictions

Toughest matches will be on paper in BOLD

Links to wrestler profile

All rankings TOM

125 Nico WBD Boylan 3-0 PSU

133 Reber WBM Wilcox 7-0 PSU

141 Sherlock WBD Rappo 10-0 PSU

149 #1 Tank WBD Busler 13-0 PSU

157 #16 D. Alton WBM #13 Hickman 17-0 PSU

165 #1 DT WBF Harnett 23-0 PSU

Last year Martelotti beat Boylan, the PSAC Freshman of the year, 5-3. So this will be a good test for Nico. Boylan was a 3x NJ state champ, FILA Cadet Champ & A Super 32 champ.

Last Pearsall pinned Wilcox. I think Reber gets the major here if not better.

Last year Andrew Alton pinned Shingara. THis year Shingaga has moved up to 149. Matt Rappo is one of the Council Rock South Rappo brothers.

Last year English beat Busler 8-4. Tank should have no problem. Another 7 point win? Hopefully not but that's what I am calling now.

#13 Hickman is coming off a nice upset win over #9 Kyle John. He was a NQ last year & placed 2nd at the EWLs. DT tech falled him last year. On paper this should be a close match but my gut tells me that Dylan is going to come on like a storm & impress everyone.

Last year Kemerer eeked out a 3-2 win over Veltre. DT should have now problem putting Harnett away by the beginning of the 2nd period.

Predictions

Toughest matches will be on paper in BOLD

Links to wrestler profile

All rankings TOM

174 #2 Ed WBM #14 Dessino 27-0 PSU Clinches match

184 #1 QW WBF Mirra 33-0 PSU

197 MM WBD Perry 36-0 PSU

285 #7 Wade WBF Walsh 42-0 PSU

Last year Ed TFed Dessino. This year only by a major but Ed may pin him too. Dessino is a NQ.

Last year QW pinned Graham. I have no reason to think that history won't repeat itself.

Last year Perry beat Ortega for Bloom's only points. I think that MM will get the decision though Perry is capable of cracking in the top 25 IMO.

Last year Cam majored Walsh. This year I think he steps it up in front of the home town crowd.

Team

last year PSU won 41-3 at Bloom. Sunday they will raise the banners & I think that this night Bloom will be hard pressed to score at all.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2311

KR1963- Interesting read, valid points.This whole situation sucks. I have always been a PSU/Paterno fan. I was not a fan of the wrestling team under the former coach because they underachieved, different topic.

Unfortunately - I just realized that Joe IS to blame, as well as any others that were aware. Anyone who knew are very wrong. Here is why...10 or so years - that is why. I can see the merit of everything you wrote about the there is a precedence of human nature regarding how a person would react to a crime committed by a family member, idol or superior. I get it. My problem is the 10 years.

Joe et.al. go to work the following week, nothing done about Sandusky, ok - be patient investigations take time. Month goes by, ok - be patient investigations take time. Six months...1 year...2 years ok - be patient investigations take time.

At some point you have to wonder why these guys didn't follow up over time. How could any of these guys in power or in the know even interact with Sandusky, knowing what he did/does ? Maybe JoPa was told that Sandusky may have touched a child inappropriately, he did not know the extent of the violation. How the F*ck does that intern guy look over the field and see Sandusky with young kids 1 year, 2 years, 10 years later and not KNOW that there is a chance that one would be raped ?

Now - lets say they are loyal to the guy for personal and political reasons so they make him retire or whatever. OK - Don't let him back on campus....ever.

Those in the know gambled and lost. 10 plus years ago they didn't follow up because it would disgrace PSU if the story got out. Well, the crime came out and now Joe PA et. al. are now fired..... Maybe 10 years ago the disgrace was the story about 1 kid molested, they ignored the situation, let Sandusky keep the keys to the shower room for 10 more years.

This is an unmitigated tragedy on many levels. Besides the child victims, a great institution -- the pride of the fine people of Pennsylvania -- has been betrayed by individuals in positions of responsibility, trust, leadership and example. For this, they must be held to account, without exception.

But our self-sacrificing, disciplined student athletes should not be disadvantaged in any way by this.

Clearly, this was a top-down failure by the so-called "olders and betters", as my mother used to say. It recalls Rudyard Kipling's anguished lament after his son was killed in action in World War I: "If they ask to know why they died, tell them it was because their fathers lied."

Don't make this worse than it already is. I would categorically oppose cancelling the football season, or imposing a death penalty on the whole athletic department, or other extreme measures, recognizing that big time athletics in the US has its critics, haters, and fanatical opponents.

Punish the wrongdoers. Spare the innocent. There is no collective guilt.

Wes Phipps committed to PSU on Tuesday afternoon.

We have to give credit to Wes wanting to stick in PA as well b/c as CDB has pointed out the Schollie $ is low right now.

If any of you noticed a couple of weeks ago I posted that Cael was on the road to try & get a verbal commit from atop recruit. THat recruit was Wes. Why it didn't happen right then? Well right before Cael got there Wes got an very big offer from Kent State. Bigger than PSU's. And to boot, in terms of miles, Kent is closer to him thatn State College. He also had very good offers from Kerry McCoy & Scott Goodale.

I guess he needed just a little time to sort it out but you guys should know that Wes wanted to come here more than the money! Hows that for integrity?

Welcome aboard young Mr Phipps.

KR, help those like me not in the loop my friend. What does this young man have in his resume? Is he a ranked recruit in any way?

http://news.theopenmat.com/2011/11/nittany-lions-grab-top-prospect-phipps/

piaa's

frosh 5th

soph 3rd

junior 2nd

senior ?

see link above for add'l.

(earlier in hs he practiced with caleb kolb, formerly of grove city hs and now at nebraska)

We have to give credit to Wes wanting to stick in PA as well b/c as CDB has pointed out the Schollie $ is low right now.

If any of you noticed a couple of weeks ago I posted that Cael was on the road to try & get a verbal commit from atop recruit. THat recruit was Wes. Why it didn't happen right then? Well right before Cael got there Wes got an very big offer from Kent State. Bigger than PSU's. And to boot, in terms of miles, Kent is closer to him thatn State College. He also had very good offers from Kerry McCoy & Scott Goodale.

I guess he needed just a little time to sort it out but you guys should know that Wes wanted to come here more than the money! Hows that for integrity?

The other half of the story was of course PSU's low offer.

Yea that link should tell you a lot about Phipps 26.

What does this have to do with integrity? It could just as easily be construed as being a selfish move. He is going to saddle himself, family, and his future family with debt he could have avoided. I think you are being a little too dramatic.

I gotta admit. The integrity stuff sounds a little rainbows and unicorns. I can understand why some guys might want to wrestle for Cael, but there must be some in-state tuition costs helping the decision. Also, maybe the academics at PSU interest him more than Kent State.

What does this have to do with integrity? It could just as easily be construed as being a selfish move. He is going to saddle himself, family, and his future family with debt he could have avoided. I think you are being a little too dramatic.
Oits everyone pretty knows that you are a contrarian when ever it comes to any post about PSU.

I gotta admit. The integrity stuff sounds a little rainbows and unicorns. I can understand why some guys might want to wrestle for Cael, but there must be some in-state tuition costs helping the decision. Also, maybe the academics at PSU interest him more than Kent State.
Well if we are going by the RAINBOW color of your avatar's hair then I can see why you would think that.