Sign in to follow this  
KR1963

Everything PSU Blog

Now integrity could apply if a kid picked a school over one that he had his heart set on because he found out that school's athletic department was part of the most heinous coverup in NCAA history. Then I would say integrity could apply to his decision.

Here's Otis in a Penn State thread throwing mud, imagine that. Him pretending that IA doesn't have their own broom to sweep stuff like .... rape ... under rugs. Integrity could mean the exact opposite of what you said. Not jumping ship to a different school because the reputation is tarnished by some very evil deeds. Him being honest with himself, and not jumping on the media bandwagon and judging the whole University for the actions of a few.

The new AD is former wrestler KR, have you met him, and if so is he a strong supporter of the program?

Here's Otis in a Penn State thread throwing mud, imagine that. Him pretending that IA doesn't have their own broom to sweep stuff like .... rape ... under rugs. Integrity could mean the exact opposite of what you said. Not jumping ship to a different school because the reputation is tarnished by some very evil deeds. Him being honest with himself, and not jumping on the media bandwagon and judging the whole University for the actions of a few.

The new AD is former wrestler KR, have you met him, and if so is he a strong supporter of the program?

2-6 Dave Joyner went to my HS so I was watching him compete since I was a kid. He actually was on the same team as Curley. He won a PIAA Championship & then won the EIWA 3xs and then a NCAA runner-up. He was also a All-American OT on the 72 PSU Cotton Bowl winning team.

Integrity has to do with being WHO YOU ARE & keeping your word to yourself & to other people. Like being married & not cheating on your spouse. Or having a dream & a goal & not compromising on it.

Wes always wanted to go to PSU. He got a bigger offer from Maryland & Kent State than PSU offered but he stuck to original wish. Sorry but if you can't see that as having integrity then you have deeper issues than making inflammatory comments, (apparently regularly) on a sports message board. Often those who complain about such things (too much) are the ones who have the actual hidden issues regarding the subject they so doth loudly protest about. I find it funny that I merely made a passing comment that has raised the ire of a handful of anti-psu fans.

Next subject...

On the Penn State Bloomsburg dual and Intersquad links there are "watch" and "listen" links. When I click on the "Watch" or "Listen" links for the Bloomsburg match it says that the event has not been archived. Could it be that Cael doesn't want to give Minnie an opportunity to study video, particularly of the new guys in the lineup?? The same thing happens with the Intersquad link that was in fact available for a coupe of days after the event.

I have a Ulive.CBSSports.com subscription and wouldn't mind checking out these events.

125 Nico looked impressive for a freshman imo. Will be an AA soon enough.

133 Reber is just awful.

141 Sherlock wrestled tough imo

149 Molinaro had too many mental breakdowns. Looked gassed at end.

157 Dylan looked very tough, but like his brother in the past, also looked gassed.

165 DT make quick work, but on a bad note... looked like he gave up a cradle at one point.DT had the pin also.

174 We all knew it was coming, even the MN wrestler I think.

184 Q looked tough, but slower imo. Steinhouse seemed to limit his back and forth motion Q likes so much.

197 WOW. I liked the look of this kid. He proved he is worth the hype I think. If not for poor defense at the last 10 sec he snuck away with a win here.

HWT I have lost any faith in WADE since end of last season. He looks softer also imo.

Lots to be excited about, but lots of room for improvement.

two-six,

I don't know what match you were watching. PSU looked awful. 3/4 of the team gassed, and another half had terrible offense. Looka at the takedown disparity.

Nico wrestled tough for only his second match, and versus a true stud. Good motion, tough loss

Reber is terrible. You're gonna continue to get beaten up when you keep your head down like that.

Dunno what you saw from sherlock. All of his attacks were half attempted and the rest of the match he was backing out. Gassed

Molinaro's offense is #1 worthy, just got a little sloppy when he started looking for the bonus.

Alton, gassed obviously. His HC should have been clicking all day on deitchler, stopped finishing it after his first one.

DT and Ruth... showed up

Q- Didn't show up. Don't know if I saw a real offensive attempt by him all match. Very unimpressed.

MM played Yohn out perfectly and did what he had to do to win the match up until the 6:40 mark... maybe needs a little dancing lessons

Wade... didn't do a damn thing

I thought they looked terrible, even though the season is still young. The need the open to tune up, but the way they looked, Lehigh will be tough, and hell even my alma mater wvu will give a bunch of the guys a run in their matches. And that's coming from someone who has rooted for psu wrestling his whole life

did you even read my post? I said the same thing essentially. I am just looking glass half full is all. The two freshmen (NM & MM) mainly as far as future AA. I felt as Molinaro Q and Wade let the team down again, but credit MN for wrestling tougher than they did last Fri.

two-six,

I don't know what match you were watching. PSU looked awful. 3/4 of the team gassed, and another half had terrible offense. Looka at the takedown disparity.

Nico wrestled tough for only his second match, and versus a true stud. Good motion, tough loss

Reber is terrible. You're gonna continue to get beaten up when you keep your head down like that.

Dunno what you saw from sherlock. All of his attacks were half attempted and the rest of the match he was backing out. Gassed

Molinaro's offense is #1 worthy, just got a little sloppy when he started looking for the bonus.

Alton, gassed obviously. His HC should have been clicking all day on deitchler, stopped finishing it after his first one.

DT and Ruth... showed up

Q- Didn't show up. Don't know if I saw a real offensive attempt by him all match. Very unimpressed.

MM played Yohn out perfectly and did what he had to do to win the match up until the 6:40 mark... maybe needs a little dancing lessons

Wade... didn't do a damn thing

I thought they looked terrible, even though the season is still young. The need the open to tune up, but the way they looked, Lehigh will be tough, and hell even my alma mater wvu will give a bunch of the guys a run in their matches. And that's coming from someone who has rooted for psu wrestling his whole life

Seriously talk about glass half full. I hope the PSU coaching saw what two-six saw. If they did, it will be a 4 team race this year. Cornell, Iowa, OSU and Minnesota. I saw a team that looked like they spent the summer enjoying the spoils of a national title and has more then their fair share of work cut out for them to defend it.

125 - Nico looks like a kid that desperately needed a redshirt to compete with the top guys. Was never really close to scoring.

133 - long year here.

141 - I would full expect to see Pearsall in there from here on out after that performance.

149 - Not sure I would be thrilled with this performance if I was a PSU fan. Frank is a stud but his match strategy seems baffling many times.

157 - Dylan Alton = Andrew Alton minus being dangerous from neutral = guys not being afraid to open up against him = a season full of what you saw today.

165 - Phenom

174 - Not sure you can learn anything from this match.

184 - Dr Jekel / Mr Hyde - Hard to chalk up points for him at nationals when you know he can come out like this anytime.

197 - I think you are going to see a season full of matches like this for this kid. Looks tough to score on but seems to also be pretty content to stand around with guys.

HWT - Looks to have taken a step back from last year

125 I agree needed a yr, but he didn't get it, so here we are and he looked tough enough for a True Freshmen

197 you are wrong from what I saw, he will be very tough this year. He also is learning on the fly.

Nothing else really to say than need to improve. I seem to remember a pretty poor showing for IA at midlands last year and they turned it around. As a fan I have to look at it that way.

two-six, your post just sounded a lot more optimistic than mine did. I understand that this is the second match, but you gotta show up better than that at home in front of a sold out crowd.

yeah, there's lots of room to improve, i just saw this as an awful overall performance from all but two psu wrestlers

125 Nico looked impressive for a freshman imo. Will be an AA soon enough.

133 Reber is just awful.

141 Sherlock wrestled tough imo

149 Molinaro had too many mental breakdowns. Looked gassed at end.

157 Dylan looked very tough, but like his brother in the past, also looked gassed.

165 DT make quick work, but on a bad note... looked like he gave up a cradle at one point.DT had the pin also.

174 We all knew it was coming, even the MN wrestler I think.

184 Q looked tough, but slower imo. Steinhouse seemed to limit his back and forth motion Q likes so much.

197 WOW. I liked the look of this kid. He proved he is worth the hype I think. If not for poor defense at the last 10 sec he snuck away with a win here.

HWT I have lost any faith in WADE since end of last season. He looks softer also imo.

Lots to be excited about, but lots of room for improvement.

157....was Jake Deitchler....not Dylan.

and I think you are upset and being harsh on the two freshmen. They wrestled strong even most the MN have agreed to that from what I read. Most teams would expect to give up bonus putting true freshmen up against # two ranked wrestlers.

Like I said I agree it was poor showing, I scolded my TV plenty during the match believe me. I also saw MN show poorly on Fri and came to wrestle today. I am just not ready to throw them under the bus just yet.

lol marchmadness, I meant Dylan Alton =)

People were just saying that about Minn, lol. It's only November, anklepicker. I suspect that Penn State gives Cornell all they can handle at the scuffle.......

One of the hardest things to do in sport is stay motivated after winning a championship. Throw in coaching turnover and outside distractions and we may have some explanations for today.

Guess I'll post mine as well.

125 - nice showing, really didn't threaten Sanders at all, but didn't get blown out of the water by the #2 ranked guy either. I think he is more like top 10-12 now then the #18 that he is ranked.

133 - Not much to say, Martelotti should be a big improvement.

141 - Looked good for about a period and a half and then Dardanes took it to him. I like Sherlock's skill set, but he'll obviuosly need to perform better than this. I think we'll see some good things from Sherlock this year but his ceiling is up in the air for me.

149 - Looked great until the last minute or so. Got to like what Tank is showing on top. I don't think it was conditioning as much as Molinaro not being a great scrambler due to his height and getting a little sloppy late in the bout.

157 - I guess its easy to compare him to his twin brother - but I like Dylan's leg attacks much better than Andrew's and I thought his approach from the bottom position was better as well. He will need to work on his conditioning some and his focus. Overall I don't think there is much to be concerned about.

165 - Not much to say.

174 - Ditto

184 - Looked a bit like the struggling Q from last year. The questionable escape/takedown in the second period was big, but Quentin didn't help much by not bearing down and getting an escape in the 2nd. Steinhaus is a tough match-up since he is a big strong kid who doesn't get out of position.

197 - Gotta like what you see from McIntosh. Couple good shots that he couldn't finish in the 1st and 2nd periods. Great battle for position in the 3rd period scramble, but let his gaurd down and gave up the match. He outwrestled the #2 guy in the country for about 6:45 of that bout and he is only a few months out of HS so the sky is the limit.

Heavy - you know what you are getting from Wade. Giving up the reversal was huge. I think this was more about Nelson possibly making a leap this year than Wade going backwards.

If I was Cael I would be concerned in terms of the national title hunt.

Big diff. I saw compared with Cornell is that no one outside of DT and Ruth were able to turn anybody.

Sherlock showed nothing; bring in Pearsall. That said, I love how Dardanes wrestles. The Cornell kid exposed his weakness on bottom, but he is a realy pressure wrestler on his feet.

Alton should've lit Deitchler up on his feet, but couldn't because his stamina isn't what it needs to be. The cause is not cutting weight like it was for Dylan. Did he bulk up too much, especially lower body? He must be up 2 full pants sizes from his senior year in HS.

Compared to HS, MM looked tentative, probably because Sonny Yohn was twice his size. That said, MM's skill set is so finely honed he's still in the match.

MM definitely did not want to get underneath Yohn and worn out. Keep Yohn on his feet and wear him down, keep the score close and win in the end. He executed the plan perfectly til the last 15 secs. No one wants to really condone stalling, but i would have been dancing that edge of the mat

Has Q ever won a marquee matchup at Rec Hall? Rutt, Gambrall, Hamlin, and now Steinhaus come to mind. Although he lost to Steinhaus on the road he had strong performances against Mich St., Michigan, and of course Big Tens and NCAAs last season.

I like what I saw from Megaludis and McIntosh. They will progress a lot more than the competition just by the fact that they are true freshman with a huge learning curve ahead of them.

Sherlock and Reber are huge disappointments. I don't think Sherlock every performed worse than against Dardanes.

Dylan, both Altons for that matter, need to work on their conditioning.

DT pinned Yohn in the 1st with the cradle but didn't get the call. DT and Ruth looked great as usual. Molinaro show a lot of good things until the end. It seemed he started to fade as well.

Wade looked a bit pudgy and less athletic than last year.

Has Q ever won a marquee matchup at Rec Hall? Rutt, Gambrall, Hamlin, and now Steinhaus come to mind. Although he lost to Steinhaus on the road he had strong performances against Mich St., Michigan, and of course Big Tens and NCAAs last season.

I like what I saw from Megaludis and McIntosh. They will progress a lot more than the competition just by the fact that they are true freshman with a huge learning curve ahead of them.

Sherlock and Reber are huge disappointments. I don't think Sherlock every performed worse than against Dardanes.

Dylan, both Altons for that matter, need to work on their conditioning.

DT pinned Yohn in the 1st with the cradle but didn't get the call. DT and Ruth looked great as usual. Molinaro show a lot of good things until the end. It seemed he started to fade as well.

Wade looked a bit pudgy and less athletic than last year.

Q's first ever match at Rec Hall was a huge win over Alton Lucas in the last seconds. But your right he does seem to wrestle his best away from home.