Sign in to follow this  
KR1963

Everything PSU Blog

Just curious, with Molinaro and Wade graduating this season we can see the 149 situation unfolding. What about the Heavyweight though? Obviously 8-8 for Gingrich last year unattached isn't real impressive. Even if he has improved some, he is the only HWT on the roster, so if he is injured or ineligible for any reason this leaves a big hole again.

Is Gingrich Penn State's only option there?

Just curious, with Molinaro and Wade graduating this season we can see the 149 situation unfolding. What about the Heavyweight though? Obviously 8-8 for Gingrich last year unattached isn't real impressive. Even if he has improved some, he is the only HWT on the roster, so if he is injured or ineligible for any reason this leaves a big hole again.

I've been thinking/wondering about this as well. I know last year when PSU signed Gingrich, I wasn't entirely impressed and was wondering why they couldn't land a better recruit at heavy. I then began to think about the 2012 season and what their options were and couldn't think of any besides Gingrich. I'm sure they have someone else...no? I'm kinda thinking...probably hoping that Cael thinks he has the inside track on bringing in Brooks Black in 2013 and that's why they haven't recruited heavily for the weight last year or this year.

Jon has improved a lot & I think the staff are happy with him nw as their option. The next few years the upper weights in the PA are loaded & PSU should get a couple top recruits to fill in the roster for the next few years.

I noticed that Dave Crowell was on the roster this year, but I have not seen him wrestle at all. Was he not a viable option at 197 this year so Mac could red shirt?
This is his last year of Elig.

I noticed that Dave Crowell was on the roster this year, but I have not seen him wrestle at all. Was he not a viable option at 197 this year so Mac could red shirt?
This is his last year of Elig.

I noticed that it was Crowell's last year of eligibility I was wondering why he did not wrestle instead of Mcintosh, was Mcintosh just that much better. Why not redshirt Mcintosh this year and wrestle Crowell this year.

What about Campbell? I thought he would RS this year and then fill the HWT spot for a year or 2 until Brooks Black took over. Did he leave PSU?
Campbell was dismissed

Is he still at PSU, or elsewhere now?

Was he dismissed due to academic reasons? Or was is disciplinary?

What about Campbell? I thought he would RS this year and then fill the HWT spot for a year or 2 until Brooks Black took over. Did he leave PSU?
Campbell was dismissed

Is he still at PSU, or elsewhere now?

Was he dismissed due to academic reasons? Or was is disciplinary?

Team Rules. No idea where he is.

Nice to see Cowburn starting to compete a little more but what's the story with English and Vollrath?
English hurt all year & Vollrath has not been able to crack the line up. Don't be surprised if DC is not at PSU next year.