Sign in to follow this  
KR1963

Everything PSU Blog

McIntosh weighed in at 202 this past weekend. Looks like 197 could be a real possibility.... Certainly not 174.
I would still look for him to redshirt. Rumor has it that Dave Crowell is coming back to PSU as well.

Sanderson and his staff announced the newest class of Nittany Lion wrestlers. Eight talented young men are set to join the defending NCAA National Champions for the 2011-12 season (the incoming class could expand over the summer as well).

The class features a number of top-ranked high school wrestlers, including Intermat’s National High School Wrestler of the Year, and the eight incoming wrestlers combined to win 15 individual state championships during their prep careers.

Former Cyclone Matt Brown is among them coming back from a 2 year Mormon mission.

Recruiting: Penn State announces stellar Class of 2011

This has 23 additional links including 18 videos

really not a big deal,

i just think that saying caldwell leaving 'surprising' isn't really an accurate picture of what people thought. there were a good number of wrestling folk who guessed caldwell would look around if Sammie wasn't retained. then it was official that he was, indeed looking around and had gotten a release to contact other schools. then there was actually a thread about it like 2 weeks ago on this very board. so i don't think it was surprising at all.

my second point of contention is that i highly doubt the big 12 going to 4 teams had anything to do with caldwell's decision.

and lastly, it's definitely not a given that caldwell stays at 65. less likely than probable. as is DSJ going to 165. of course it could all happen that those four are there. i just don't think that's the prevailing thought anywhere right now. if you said Ethan Lofthouse to 65, i would have said you're on to something.

instead of 'false assumptions' maybe i should have said 'not up to speed'

really not a big deal,

i just think that saying caldwell leaving 'surprising' isn't really an accurate picture of what people thought. there were a good number of wrestling folk who guessed caldwell would look around if Sammie wasn't retained. then it was official that he was, indeed looking around and had gotten a release to contact other schools. then there was actually a thread about it like 2 weeks ago on this very board. so i don't think it was surprising at all.

my second point of contention is that i highly doubt the big 12 going to 4 teams had anything to do with caldwell's decision.

and lastly, it's definitely not a given that caldwell stays at 65. less likely than probable. as is DSJ going to 165. of course it could all happen that those four are there. i just don't think that's the prevailing thought anywhere right now. if you said Ethan Lofthouse to 65, i would have said you're on to something.

instead of 'false assumptions' maybe i should have said 'not up to speed'

Actually as the day has wore on & I have been back online a bit more I see what you are saying. I only had those ideas in the back of my head & didnt think that they were worth mentioning but now I see tha they are so I might go back & edit it.

I actuaLLY DID SAY ON ANOTHER THREAD SOMEWHERE THAT IF iOWA DIDNT HAVE dsj GOING 165 THAT THEY WOULD HAVE EL DROPPING DOWN to battle at 165 with Kelly & Moore to make room for Evans at 174.

(sorry abut the caps-on by accident-to lazy to re-type)

I also read the Husker board a bit more & saw guys talking more about TC moving up to 74 to make room for Kokesh who had a stellar RS year. In any event having Caldwell & now Loupchanski in the Big Ten certainly makes the conference that much tougher.

Thanks for the input.

i didn't see too much of lopouchanski this year, except at ncaa's, but i like what i saw.

definitely a good pick up for purdue.

Herbp pointed him out to me last year. I have been watching him like the kid. Definite chance to AA next year.

Penn State recruit & Intermat's #1 ranked recruit, Morgan McIntosh recently won California Junior FILAs competing at 211.5 (rather than 185) He looks like he has BULKED UP! FWIW, he won both GR & FS without giving up a single point. Can you say BEASTLY?

2011 CA USAW FILA Jr State Championship PAGE TWO

2011 CA USAW FILA Jr State Championship PAGE THREE

Dan Gable gives Cael Sanderson more props than some other posters:

“To go to Penn State and win it in two years was a real challenge and a very difficult reality,” said Dan Gable, the legendary Iowa head coach who name was associated with this award since retiring from the sport in 1997. “When you look how quickly coaches can develop people, it doesn’t usually happen that fast, especially with the young guys on a team.”

(Now back to our regularly scheduled program....which is already in progress...)

...Brad, first of all congratulations to you, on the team championship & a fine career at Penn State.

Thanks!

1) Now, after this historic win, do you think that the team is going to have more pressure on them to repeat next season? Or are they going to be all “loosey-goosey” next year because they already won one?

I think that they are going to be hungrier. I think as a team we are really loosey-goosey as it is. We like to have fun inside the wrestling room. Outside of the wrestling room we’re goofy. I think that it is just going to make us hungrier....MORE HERE: 20 Questions: Brad Pataky inteview