Sign in to follow this  
KR1963

Everything PSU Blog

KR-Certainly was not criticizing you. I too enjoy the blog and this thread. Lets not forget I was the one who was criticized by an (I guess) Iowa fan for being to high on Penn St. last season. I'm a die hard Iowa guy but I love wrestling and I can certainly see when someone's got a good thing going like Penn St. does. I just have a hard time getting along with some of the PSU fans that's all. Don't really like that Wire guy either......oh well perhaps he respects HST as well, as we all should.
Hubble Space Telescope? ;) Fear & Loathing is a literary classic. Steadman's pen reveals a truth that not many can see...

It seems that there was actually two updates. The first bolded Tsirtsis (this is the one I read yesterday on FOS) and then today the recruiting language was added (didn't reread when I posted here).

Detective Hurricane, can your robots find the bolded, non-altered version? I believe that would be the smoking gun ;)

Yea that was my "mistake". I put him in bold & then guys on FOS thought I meant he was that was a possibility he was going to PSU so I went back & corrected it.

1) During Tsirtsis's sophomore year, he went into overtime in the state championship match, winning 4-0, and he won his first match 16-3.

2) Why are people saying he's likely to go to Northwestern? What indications has he given of what school he'll attend?

If that's true then the info I saw on him was incorrect RE scoring upon him. The school choice is from a source I have.

If that's true then the info I saw on him was incorrect RE scoring upon him. The school choice is from a source I have.

www.ihsaa.org wrestling page has the bracket results from the state finals for the last several years. You can see the final scores for each match of his there. However, it won't tell you if they got a legit point or he just cut them during the match.

^^^I am not a Penn State insider, but sometimes get some info. It was my understanding that, when PSU recruited the Homerically talented Morgan McIntosh there was the feeling that they wanted to RS him his true frosh year.

Then, during the off season, there was talk that, with Wright going 184 again, that perhaps it might be a good idea to let McIntosh go 197 this season to solidify that weight, and put off redshirting him until if/after Wright might move up to 197.

Recently, however, I have heard that Penn State staff really would prefer to RS McIntosh this season (they think he would be of the David Taylor success type, if redshirted as a true frosh), but I don't think the decision is firm. I would guess that this could become a situation where PSU might start out by holding McIntosh out of fall competion, to preseve the RS option.

P.S. Also there was the plan that Andrew Alton was going to RS this season and move up to 149. Now there is talk that the "plan" might be to have Andrew again go 141 this season and not RS. I doubt that's firm at this point, however.

last thing I heard was that MM was going to participate in the Wrestle offs. If he wins he starts. If he doesn't he gets a RS. RE: Alton, get out your dartboard....

If this is true, I think it is the equivalent of saying McIntosh is going to start. I do not think PSU has anyone at 197 who is going to be able to beat him.

MM starting at 197 makes sense this season if there is a likelihood that Wright would move up to 197 for the 2012-13 season. MM could RS for the 2012-13 season with Ruth and Wright moving up a weight class. I think you always want to RS your blue chippers when possible and we know this was effective for both DT and Cael noting that Cael lost to the late Paul Jenns as freshman RS.

Nice Post. What caught my attention was Cowburn listed at 174. Wasn't there a previous post that said he would be wrestling off at 157?
He is certified @ 157. The CW is that he will give that a shot vs the entire gaggle of middleweights. 174 was projecting where he would be NEXT year. It is also based off of where the SID has him listed on the roster.

Opening night line up

125 Nico (they have him wrestling the guys at 141 during practice)

133 Reber (Frankie back in January, like I have been sayin!)

141 winner of Sherlock vs Pearsall (Sherlock looking better on his feet, Pearsall looking good on the mat especially due to his length, so far Sam has a slight edge)

149 Tank (Has been working hard with Casey on getting out of legs while down, no surprise)

157 Who the H knows! It will be decided on the mats between all FIVE guys!

165 DT (He is just a completely a cut above. Has added strength, I am afraid he could HURT someone this year, really)

174 Eddie (Has been going live with Q: Steel sharpens steel)

184 Q

197 MM if he doesn't RS (Not going to say much other than he is going to surprise people with his strength & speed despite conventional wisdom complaining about his lack of height :P ; guess who he has been going LIVE with?)

285 Cam (he is already back on the mats)

Opening night line up

141 winner of Sherlock vs Pearsall (Sherlock looking better on his feet, Pearsall looking good on the mat especially due to his length, so far Sam has a slight edge)

149 Tank (Has been working hard with Casey on getting out of legs while down, no surprise)

165 DT (He is just a completely a cut above. Has added strength, I am afraid he could HURT someone this year, really)

184 Q

197 MM if he doesn't RS (Not going to say much other than he is going to surprise people with his strength & speed despite conventional wisdom complaining about his lack of height :P ; guess who he has been going LIVE with?)

Fascinating! I really can't wait to see these guys in action.

But humor me, as I was one of the know-it-alls who was sure MM was too short to go 197 -- who's he been going live with in practice, and how's he looking?

Opening night line up

184 Q

Fascinating! I really can't wait to see these guys in action.

But humor me, as I was one of the know-it-alls who was sure MM was too short to go 197 -- who's he been going live with in practice, and how's he looking?

C'mon Brutus, I said guess man!

:P Hint: not a school teammate

So Andrew Alton's redshirting?
Ja, Si. Da, Yes. :)

So was A. Alton too big to make the cut to 141?

Without him and Long in the lineup, 133 and 141 are big question marks for PSU. Certainly makes them vulnerable, especially in a dual meet format. Against Iowa, they will likely lose the first 3 bouts, possibly with some bonus in there. Iowa will just need a win from St. John who will be strongly favored, and one from Gambrall or Raising/Telford, either of which is possible. If MM isn't at 197 for Penn State, a win would be possible there, as well.

Hey I hope PSU beats Iowa handily but assuming Morgan Mcintosh is a lock to win or a favorite is premature. I'd let the kid wrestle first and see how he does assuming he does not red shirt.

I would take McIntosh over anything Iowa has at 197 right now. Heck, I'd put money on it, giving odds. Easy money.