Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Iowa has 7 top 3s and 3 potential top 3s

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Why don't you call up Cael Sanderson and get back to us. You seem to have a lot of answers for everything. I can just be patient and wait to find out the same as everyone else. 

Don't you have a direct line to Carl?  You regurgitate everything he says anyway like a mindless bot.

MSU and you have a beef with me picking Berge over Young and you want me to pick the whole dual while PSU doesn't have all their starters out there. You may be impatient. I'm not.
If its important for you to win some kind of fantasy argument, then you win. 

Don’t care about the whole dual, just an unsubstantiated claim based in a vacuum. It’s fair though, you like your guy.

I have no horse in it just think you can’t qualify your pick based on health and venue. It seems like you’re already excuse making if Young beats Berge in CHA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Don’t care about the whole dual, just an unsubstantiated claim based in a vacuum. It’s fair though, you like your guy.

I have no horse in it just think you can’t qualify your pick based on health and venue. It seems like you’re already excuse making if Young beats Berge in CHA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Young wins that match in Carver Hawkeye that is fine. He'll have earned it if he wins and I won't make any excuses.

Iowa seems to fade in recent years...

part of it may be lack of ....

not sure the word

i watched them dominate the dual with wisconsin, then rewatched the dual with UTC. several of them used the exact same things in their two matches.. 

are they being figured out?

obviously lee has been able to find new ground or figure other guys out.

One thing Desanto did against gross was slow down his finishes so that he didn't give gross his scrambles... does gross counter this later...

this to me is a sign that Iowa can gameplan.

but if you go back to brinzer on the difference between Iowa/OSU: at OSU if you were doing something and it wasn't working, you did something else. At Iowa if what you were doing wasn't working you just did it harder.

I like Iowa. I'm not a fan. But I like them and realize their value to wrestling.

just an observation.

5 minutes ago, GockeS said:

Iowa seems to fade in recent years...

part of it may be lack of ....

not sure the word

i watched them dominate the dual with wisconsin, then rewatched the dual with UTC. several of them used the exact same things in their two matches.. 

are they being figured out?

obviously lee has been able to find new ground or figure other guys out.

One thing Desanto did against gross was slow down his finishes so that he didn't give gross his scrambles... does gross counter this later...

this to me is a sign that Iowa can gameplan.

but if you go back to brinzer on the difference between Iowa/OSU: at OSU if you were doing something and it wasn't working, you did something else. At Iowa if what you were doing wasn't working you just did it harder.

I like Iowa. I'm not a fan. But I like them and realize their value to wrestling.

just an observation.

2018 didnt they have far and away the most bonus points? I dont know that by seed they have underperformed more than others the last few years. 

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I'm starting to wonder if Marinelli  gets "pooped out" over the course of the season, and is less sharp/focused at the end. Maybe he's one of those guys who is great for the first 25-30 matches, and then "meh"? 

He can go a full season. Just last year, he beat Joseph at B1G and I thought he wrestled well against Lewis at NCAAs, but Lewis was not going to be denied by anyone. At the time, the upset was a shocker because Lewis was a relative unknown. In retrospect, it wasn’t a bad performance by Marinelli. Lewis wrestler very defensively until the last few seconds of the match and got him.

11 minutes ago, GockeS said:

true... maybe they just haven't been that good.

i guess i forgot about that last year... but the last 10 years... 

Yeah they didnt win nationals those years but they also typically didnt wredtle below seed. Missouri on the other hand...