Jimmy Cinnabon

Just hand Iowa the trophy now

Nice dual win but get real. PSU has huge points and likely champs at 165, 174 and 285. Also 141 is top 3 at worst and it would seem 133 the same.  Just those weights  get them around 100. As for the rest 125 won't likely score and 149 likely to score little. Right now they have injury issues at 157, 184 and 197 those weight at current status don't look so hot but if they were full strength then you could have another 30 points thrown in. 

Iowa only has Lee as a proven 20+ point guy. DeSanto, Young, Bull and Kem are guys who you could project top 3 so lets say 100 with those guys but certainly not as guaranteed as the PSU top 5 guys. That leaves Murin,  Lugo, Brands, Warner and Cass as guys who have never placed higher than 7th between them, they need 3 of them to score at least 10 and the other 2 to get around 5. 

Bottom line Iowa needs more guys to do what they have not done before to win. 

21 minutes ago, BLT said:

Right now they have injury issues at 157, 184 and 197 those weight at current status don't look so hot but if they were full strength then you could have another 30 points thrown in.

That is extremely optimistic. 

Edited by russelscout

Murin is a fringe aa at best imo. Lugo is a low aa, he just doesn't commit to his offense. Warner is basically the same thing at 197. 184 is a question mark but the rest of the line up is solid as can be. I think iowa has to be the favorite until we see where guys like rby, lee, verk and berge are really at

22 minutes ago, Ts40 said:

I realize Mr Cinnabon is trolling but if the Iowa lineup that  wrestled Wisconsin  stays healthy until nationals they will win going away. 

Staying healthy and winning when it really counts are two very different things.

Unless things have changed under Brands his guys won't put out their best at the big dance. Probably better than Oklahoma State but most likely second place, at best.

It'll be close.  If you're being generous for each team, they could each get 135+

Iowa's bottom 2 (Brands, Murin) are better than PSU's (Verk, Teske), but as long as they don't AA, it won't matter.  I still think Beard will be good for 11 or more. 

Could come down to Joseph-Lumpyjelly

46 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Staying healthy and winning when it really counts are two very different things.

Unless things have changed under Brands his guys won't put out their best at the big dance. Probably better than Oklahoma State but most likely second place, at best.

No one is close to the top 2.

Well it’s still very early in the season, and a lot can happen between now and March, so I think it’s a little early to have that ticker-tape parade just yet. Although I would like to see Iowa win it this year. 

I dont think you can give Iowa the NCAA title yet. Too much season to go and PSU has too many points guarenteed. They are just very well suited for that tournament. 

Big 10s on the other hand I would think Iowa would be heavily favored in that tournament. If the rankings hold true they put 8 in the finals. Once again, a lot can change by the end of the year, but its pretty crazy how much perception has changed after just a couple weeks.

I don't think the perception should have changed too much, anyone paying attention should have known how good iowa was set to be for this season and next. The fear for iowa fans will kick in after 2021 when they lose lee, desanto, young, marinelli, kem, and eirman. Replacing that horsepower will take some time so they really need to focus on getting in done this year and/or next because Penn state is set to reload a lot of talent after this season.

11 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Other than Marinelli who had one of the worst draws ever, Wilcke (seeded 12th was R16) and Warner (seeded 5th got 7th), everyone else outperformed their seeds last year.

Lee seeded 3rd and won

Desanto seeded 7th got 5th

Murin seeded 22 was R12

Lugo seeded 10th got 8th

Young seeded 6th got 5th

Stoll seeded 28 was R12

Iowa probably got a bump in potential NCAA points for DeSanto and Cassioppi based on Sunday’s wins, but other than that I feel like they don’t look much different than people thought.

The thing is PSU probably looks worse than initially thought, with not much scoring projected to come from 125 and 149, injury questions for Berge and Rasheed, and Conel looking horrible.  Still should be close though.   Will definitely be interesting to see what they do at 197.

Edited by 1032004

Lee won't win it this year. Baggage in the form of his nagging injuries and possibly the recurring creeping crud that has gotten to him over the past couple of years.

He is really good but the knee or an elbow or the flu... he won't be the top guy.

Just now, WillieBoy said:

Lee won't win it this year. Baggage in the form of his nagging injuries and possibly the recurring creeping crud that has gotten to him over the past couple of years.

He is really good but the knee or an elbow or the flu... he won't be the top guy.

$200 says Spencer Lee wins it again this year

Just now, WillieBoy said:

Man, the dude just teched the #7 guy in the country in the first period about a week ago. Im not guaranteeing a win, but it seems like a strange time to be making this claim.