Sign in to follow this  
mg113

How good would Desanto be in FS?

I missed the boat on Desanto.  He's one tough son of a gun.  When he first beat an injured Lee in the Pennsylvania State Finals, I thought there was more to it than his opponent being injured.  Even with that, I didn't see him getting to this level.  I'm probably the only Cowboy fan on the planet that likes this kid, but here I am, just admiring the hell out of how bad he goes after it.  I think everyone is crazy except Desanto and me, and lately I've been concerned about him.  :--)

13 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Well, you told me I wasn't... had to take a look at my membership card to remind me.  And my PSAT, SAT, GRE, and MAT scores.  Yes, I'm smart.

Phew.

Meanwhile, you think Gross outsrcambled DeSanto, even while working with Askren on outside ankle technique for months now.

Oops

There was a kid we called “Dirt Hill,” scored crazy high on the ASVAB, shoulda been a Navy nuke guy.  Smart AF but too dumb to wash the back of his head.  We always had to remind him, “just cuz you can’t see it don’t mean we can’t”

We’d be at Applebee’s with a “genius” who still had cammie paint on the back of his head.

25 minutes ago, LCpl Schmuckatelli said:

There was a kid we called “Dirt Hill,” scored crazy high on the ASVAB, shoulda been a Navy nuke guy.  Smart AF but too dumb to wash the back of his head.  We always had to remind him, “just cuz you can’t see it don’t mean we can’t”

We’d be at Applebee’s with a “genius” who still had cammie paint on the back of his head.

I will remind you, sir, that I did not start the intelligence conversation.  This was the second time, that Mr. hammertoe had brought up my avatar and my intelligence.

(I also did well on the ASVAB; I doubt it was 'nuclear level', but my overall score was a 98... I do remember to wash all of my body parts, but I sometimes need to call an electrician to change a lightbulb in my house)

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

I will remind you, sir, that I did not start the intelligence conversation.  This was the second time, that Mr. hammertoe had brought up my avatar and my intelligence.

(I also did well on the ASVAB; I doubt it was 'nuclear level', but my overall score was a 98... I do remember to wash all of my body parts, but I sometimes need to call an electrician to change a lightbulb in my house)

If you actually read the posts you were responding to I wouldn't have to bring up your pretentiousness. 

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

If you actually read the posts you were responding to I wouldn't have to bring up your pretentiousness. 

hammer: i would like to inform you that I have a picture of Alex only as a way to differentiate myself from an outstanding wrestling journalist with the first name of Andy.  I would never want him to be blamed for my outrageous takes, as I was already mistaken for him once.

15 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

Desanto will probably have to wait for the 2021 61kg World Team Trials, when he's done with NCAA wrestling. If 2016 is any indication, the trials for 61kg non-Olympic World Team will likely be during fall 2020, and non-Olympic Worlds will likely be in Nov/Dec 2020, during the NCAA season. I assume that Desanto will want to wrestle the full NCAA season for his senior year, not and not wrestle a truncated Kyle Snyder style season. 

I'm not sure if there will be a non-Olympic Worlds this year.  Last I heard, no nation had agreed to host.  Does anyone know if this has changed?

18 hours ago, Peso said:

I missed the boat on Desanto.  He's one tough son of a gun.  When he first beat an injured Lee in the Pennsylvania State Finals, I thought there was more to it than his opponent being injured.  Even with that, I didn't see him getting to this level.  I'm probably the only Cowboy fan on the planet that likes this kid, but here I am, just admiring the hell out of how bad he goes after it.  I think everyone is crazy except Desanto and me, and lately I've been concerned about him.  :--)

I like DeSanto's effort, he goes 100% balls out every match. Don't care much for the kid himself thanks to his antics, but one has to admire his effort if nothing else. He's a competitor. 

20 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Well, you told me I wasn't... had to take a look at my membership card to remind me.  And my PSAT, SAT, GRE, and MAT scores.  Yes, I'm smart.

Phew.

Meanwhile, you think Gross outsrcambled DeSanto, even while working with Askren on outside ankle technique for months now.

Oops

Are you a "stable genius"? 

I’m a freestyle spectator novice so take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

I think desanto would do relatively well in FS. He may be better in FS than folk with the right coaching. I love his energy and effort but hate the unnecessary antics. He’s a gamer that HATES to lose. With some FS experience, and non-Brands coaching I think the sky’s the limit for someone like him. 

11 hours ago, Creek chub said:

I’m a freestyle spectator novice so take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

I think desanto would do relatively well in FS. He may be better in FS than folk with the right coaching. I love his energy and effort but hate the unnecessary antics. He’s a gamer that HATES to lose. With some FS experience, and non-Brands coaching I think the sky’s the limit for someone like him. 

I am all for getting exposure to a variety of coaching, but Terry Brands has been one of our nation's best lightweight freestyle coaches over the past decade plus.

11 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I am all for getting exposure to a variety of coaching, but Terry Brands has been one of our nation's best lightweight freestyle coaches over the past decade plus.

Who has he coached in FS? Dennis  comes to mind but not sure of others