spladle08

Alans International Tournament -Russia

Zain on C now vs. Kazyryk. Never heard of this RUS wrestler. 

Zain trails 2-4 at the break. Last second TD and lace for the RUS. 

The better Russians wrestle all defense and store up their energy for one burst at the end of each period. It got Zain again. He tied it up and led on criteria 4-4, but the RUS scored with 3 seconds left to win it 6-4. 

Edited by TBar1977

It's just amazing how the Russians can be so creative and score when they need to, year after year after year. Even their lower tier guys can take it to the higher tier Americans. Just way more savvy.

But the Americans are better at banging on the head. Unfortunately that doesn't score any points. Sorry for being a wise-guy, but the back-to-back Zain and Gilman loss put me in a bad mood. Painful losses. 

Was just looking at the Alans schedule and it said the semis are to start at 5:30pm Vladikavkaz time. Well, it's after 9:00pm in Vladikavkaz right now. Did they wrestle the semis yet and it's just not streamed or posted yet? Or is the tournament running late?  

2 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Was just looking at the Alans schedule and it said the semis are to start at 5:30pm Vladikavkaz time. Well, it's after 9:00pm in Vladikavkaz right now. Did they wrestle the semis yet and it's just not streamed or posted yet? Or is the tournament running late?  

no they postponed the semis for tomorrow. I think the announcer said something like 10 am

Well this is my take for what it’s worth, the Russian wrestlers that we see at this level are all pretty much very highly skilled. And they usually all have something in their bag of tricks. But I think that if there is one chink in their armor, it may be their gas tank. So I think that one of the ways to be successful against them is to make them wrestle for an entire match. I know that is easier said than done, but again that’s one of the reasons why they’re so successful.

1 hour ago, de4856 said:

Well this is my take for what it’s worth, the Russian wrestlers that we see at this level are all pretty much very highly skilled. And they usually all have something in their bag of tricks. But I think that if there is one chink in their armor, it may be their gas tank. So I think that one of the ways to be successful against them is to make them wrestle for an entire match. I know that is easier said than done, but again that’s one of the reasons why they’re so successful.

Agree with your take. This plays right into their strategy of slowing the match down for 2:30, then a huge 30 second burst. Period 2, rinse and repeat. 

6 hours ago, de4856 said:

Clear back in the early 70's, when matches were 3-3-3, that's how we could beat them.....get them tired...they were superior in technique back then.