spladle08

Alans International Tournament -Russia

None of your points are valid. 8 years

9 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

He looks tired. The eight year grind that he's been on is catching up with him. Are you suggesting he peaked at 18 or that he is tired now at 26? Because I find either and anything in between to be absurd. Most world-elite level athletes begin their top level journey around 16-20 years old and actualize their peak at 24-32 years old.

I'd say his best days are in the rearview mirror. Wouldn't you? If you are saying he may not finish top 4 in the world again (double bronze) then yes I realize that may be true. That is a tough act to follow every year.

Is he going to take out Geno or Taha? Is this the year for Gwizz? No. Who will, other than Taha or Geno?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not our rep at 125. I would be, but if it happens then I would presume only due to injury for a year tops.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk. Sent from my iPhone

It's a monday. See attached redline.

Edited by bnwtwg

Well I only got to see one of Gwizz’s matches, it was a back and forth match that ended up with a narrow victory for Gwizz in repechage. And what it looked like, was Gwizz who was very game and seemed to be trying a little bit of everything, and as good as that sounds, a couple of those attempts got him in trouble, and allowed his opponent to score points. 

I'd say most of my points are valid. He's not beating Geno or Taha. That's valid. 

He best days are behind him. That's valid.

He looks burned out and his best days are behind him.

Let's see how he does at the OTT's.

I'd bet you $50 hat he doesn't win the weight class and $500 that he doesn't win the Olympics.

Are you game?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Well, Gwizz may not win the trials, and there are reason to believe that we have some legitimate depth at weight class. But  even though Gwizz, who has been scuffling somewhat as of late, I am not ready to throw in the towel on him just yet. I hope that he can turn things around for himself. 
I know Cassar beat Gable in folkstyle, but until I see them go at it in Freestyle, I think Gable represents the biggest challenge to Gwizz for the spot on this year’s team. I am looking forward to seeing how this all works out in the upcoming months. 

So just after my last post I began thinking about what might be causing Gwizz’s lack of success as of late. And I thought maybe it’s got something to do with that wrestling league he was in, maybe the schedule, took it’s toll and he hasn’t really allowed himself to recover, sounds a little far fetched I know, but I am just throwing thing out here. It could also be that maybe he picked up some bad habits while there, I have no idea who was his coach ( if any ),  or what they were advising him to do. Or maybe like Helen Maroulis, he picked up some kind of injury. ( And no I am not suggesting that he suffered something as devastating as what happened to her ), just something that is impacting him in someway.  Or maybe not an injury, maybe a bug like Mono or something.
The point is, he is a two time World Bronze medalists, and it could be possible that his Freestyle career has run it’s course, but I doubt it. His lack of success might be as simple as the fact that he is getting scouted like SnyderMan, and his opponents are learning how to counter everything he is trying to do. So as I say this, I ask, is it time for the Gwizz to do like Kyle did and move to another training center? 

Whether or not he beats Akgul or Geno has nothing to do with whether or not father time has caught up with him....he's never beaten them.  Steveson or another heavyweight improving and beating him doesn't mean that either.  Has father time caught up with Gilman?  Is that why he probably won't win another world medal?  Or is it because some guys who are a little younger but are gaining are getting better?

Congrats to KS and JG on making the finals with KS winning his.  This looks very good for JG in my opinion.  The OTT's will be brutal, no doubt about it.
mspart
Green really did look excellent. To the point that it wouldn't surprise me if he finished above Imar. Stilll think its JB vs Dake but that 3 spot....