7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

ugarte, FRL speculated some Cornell guys coming OFF their ORS. That centered around Max Dean and Vito Arujau coming back post Jan. 1. Do you see any chance of that happening?

What weight would dean go? Idk if he has the body type to be a full size and effective 197 ? 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Maybe they can bump Ben Darmstadt back up to 197? Put some real meat on that guy's bones.

I think Darmstadt is a 6-8 guy at both weights so i agree to bump him if Dean is back. How about Vito, Do you see him back at 125 or up to 133? Do you think he has a better chance beating Lee or the field at 133 to win a NCAA title?

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

ugarte, FRL speculated some Cornell guys coming OFF their ORS. That centered around Max Dean and Vito Arujau coming back post Jan. 1. Do you see any chance of that happening?

Wow! What was the rationale? 

5 minutes ago, pamela said:

Wow! What was the rationale? 

21 minutes ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

I think Darmstadt is a 6-8 guy at both weights so i agree to bump him if Dean is back. How about Vito, Do you see him back at 125 or up to 133? Do you think he has a better chance beating Lee or the field at 133 to win a NCAA title?

They were just throwing stuff at the wall. They spent some time developing the theme, but no facts to back it up.

I have no idea on Arujau except that it would seem he took his ORS trying to fight for that 57Kg spot, so if he came back it would seem like 125. 

125: Mueller, Schroder, Mackall, Camacho, Schwarm, McKee

133: Rivera, Tucker, Bridges, LaMont, Kinner, Sykora

141: Demas, Pletcher, Wilson, McKee, Red, M. Moore, Parker

149: Sasso, Degen, B. Moore, Thomsen, Zacherl, B. Lee, Alirez, Parriott, Purinton, 

157: Hidlay, Deakin, Lewan, Carr, Coleman, Teemer

165: McFadden, White, Shields, Fogarty, E. Smith, Conigliaro

174: Steiert, Labriola, Skatzka, Valencia, Lydy, Womack, K. Romero

184: Zahid, Lujan, Venz, DePrez, Hidlay, Darmstadt, Bolen, Colbray, Hoffman

197: Moore, Sloan, Brunner, Davison, Schultz, Aiello, Lane, Orndorff

285: Parris, Hall, Orndorff, Singletary

Here's some of the ranked guys who should be there. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I could see Vito, but I would be pretty surprised if they took Dean out of RS.  That would take him out of sync with Yianni and have him graduate before probably their best shot at a title in Yianni's senior season. 

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Not a chance any of that happens. And I'll add that the only question is does vito go 133 after this year and slide Greg D in at 125 or does Greg Beef up before he hits campus and take 133. I don't see him going the finger lakes route when we have a need. Knoll has a plan and hes sticking to it they all have to be on the same page for it to work.

Edited by Sublime607

4 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Ranking Purinton #4 in the country is borderline criminal... or at least grounds for clinical examination.  

No offense Spey, but the guy won't even finish top 4 in this tournament.  

Spey has gone off the rails with the way they do ranking, beat one guy and guys are hopping 10 spots passing AAs it’s pretty crazy because they are the official ranking of the big ten network and some are just atrocious  

6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Spey has gone off the rails with the way they do ranking, beat one guy and guys are hopping 10 spots passing AAs it’s pretty crazy because they are the official ranking of the big ten network and some are just atrocious  

I don't pay enough attention to them on a weekly basis to really know but that one in particular stuck out. 

Kid was ranked 20th on 11/18, gets one quality win (in sudden victory) over Thomsen, and leapfrogs 16 spots to #4.  It should work itself out eventually so it's not that big of a deal, but if your ranking criteria results in these sort of moves, you have some very obvious flaws in your methodology. 

Hopefully this one is just an exception more so than a rule, though.  Probably the case.  

23 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I don't pay enough attention to them on a weekly basis to really know but that one in particular stuck out. 

Kid was ranked 20th on 11/18, gets one quality win (in sudden victory) over Thomsen, and leapfrogs 16 spots to #4.  It should work itself out eventually so it's not that big of a deal, but if your ranking criteria results in these sort of moves, you have some very obvious flaws in your methodology. 

Hopefully this one is just an exception more so than a rule, though.  Probably the case.  

Cassioppi went from like 12 and now is number 2 over four prior AAs and mason Paris a lot of other guys, at 184 they have brands 6 and colbray at 7 even after losing to a Freshman ahead of a guy who pinned him in 40 seconds last year and venz, bonacorssi, Bolen 

just wild how they jump people 10 12 spots at a time but will leave a guy like colbray 

mason Parris has 3 wins over Stencel an AA who beat hilger for 7th and he destroyed Thomas a blood round guy 14-3 already this year, in what world is a 1 point win at Carver over hilger enough to boost him ahead of someone like that 

Edited by Antitroll2828

22 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

mason Parris has 3 wins over Stencel an AA who beat hilger for 7th and he destroyed Thomas a blood round guy 14-3 already this year, in what world is a 1 point win at Carver over hilger enough to boost him ahead of someone like that 

The world where Iowa breaks the 200 point land speed barrier at NCAA's. 

38 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Cassioppi went from like 12 and now is number 2 over four prior AAs and mason Paris a lot of other guys, at 184 they have brands 6 and colbray at 7 even after losing to a Freshman ahead of a guy who pinned him in 40 seconds last year and venz, bonacorssi, Bolen 

just wild how they jump people 10 12 spots at a time but will leave a guy like colbray 

All fair points.  Overarching problem with each move being a significant over-weighting of single head-2-head results. 

Man, I hate to be that guy because I'm far from a grammar Nazi, but some attempt at punctuation would really be appreciated. You make some valid points but I had to read this about three times to understand it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Not a chance any of that happens. And I'll add that the only question is does vito go 133 after this year and slide Greg D in at 125 or does Greg Beef up before he hits campus and take 133

Greg D has a small frame. Vito is taller and lankier. I think Vito's body type would be better suited to add some bulk and go 133.

Just now, wrestleFan12 said:

Greg D has a small frame. Vito is taller and lankier. I think Vito's body type would be better suited to add some bulk and go 133.

I also look at Greg as a career 125 but as we saw with Tucker and Vito it doesn't matter when a spot is won.