2. Ryan Deakin, Northwestern
  3. David Carr, Iowa State
  4. Kendall Coleman, Purdue
  5. Will Lewan, Michigan
  6. Justin Thomas, Oklahoma
  7. Ke-Shawn Hayes, Ohio State
  8. Jacori Teemer, Arizona State
  9. Peyton Robb, Nebraska

How do we see this shaking out? I think Hidlay is going to walk away with the title (no surprise there) It's his title to lose (same with NCAA) but will Carr get past Deakin?  I am all aboard the Carr train this year and was impressed with him over Iowa and still think we haven't seen him full force yet. Deakin has the experience and early season he has always looked unbeatable...and then he fizzles come March (hopefully not this year!)   The FRL guys are all about Kendall Coleman but I haven't seen him compete much so I will have an alert going for his matches, Lewan hasn't had the juice just yet this season but here is a great opportunity for him to make a statement and as always Teemer is just dangerous.  Him at the 9 does not speak to his ability at all.  

17 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Seb is heading to Puerto Rico for their trials.

So as he is making 57 kgs there do you think he will come back at 125 for the remainder of the NCAA season or do you think he will stay up at 133?

I actually think Kendall Coleman may be able to give Hidlay a tough match if they meet in the tourney. His height, length and explosiveness remind me of a young Larry Early, who also gives Hidlay tough matches. That’s one I’ve got circled if it ends up happening. 

2 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

157 Pounds

1. Hayden Hidlay, NC State
  2. Ryan Deakin, Northwestern
  3. David Carr, Iowa State
  4. Kendall Coleman, Purdue
  5. Will Lewan, Michigan
  6. Justin Thomas, Oklahoma
  7. Ke-Shawn Hayes, Ohio State
  8. Jacori Teemer, Arizona State
  9. Peyton Robb, Nebraska

How do we see this shaking out? I think Hidlay is going to walk away with the title (no surprise there) It's his title to lose (same with NCAA) but will Carr get past Deakin?  I am all aboard the Carr train this year and was impressed with him over Iowa and still think we haven't seen him full force yet. Deakin has the experience and early season he has always looked unbeatable...and then he fizzles come March (hopefully not this year!)   The FRL guys are all about Kendall Coleman but I haven't seen him compete much so I will have an alert going for his matches, Lewan hasn't had the juice just yet this season but here is a great opportunity for him to make a statement and as always Teemer is just dangerous.  Him at the 9 does not speak to his ability at all.  

One of my most anticipated weights for sure.  Hidlay/Deakin/Carr in some order seems like the obvious result. I'll take Deakin to win it but I'm not confident.

Between Coleman, Lewan, Teemer, Robb, in addition to Carr, there is a ton of young talent in this bracket.  Any of those guys could make a push to the finals on the right day. 

23 hours ago, russelscout said:

I don't think it was a good move. IMO he didn't look great against UNI. I don't know why they would hurry him out like they did. There was plenty of season to get him in some opens first before making that decision.

...and that’s why they pulled his red shirt,  6-1 over Lamont 

On 12/5/2019 at 12:17 PM, russelscout said:

I don't think it was a good move. IMO he didn't look great against UNI. I don't know why they would hurry him out like they did. There was plenty of season to get him in some opens first before making that decision.

He turn some heads??

Cael has started numerous true freshmen from the beginning of the season (Megaludis, Alton, Suriano, Retherford).  Brands has wrestled exactly 1 true freshman, 2 if you count Burak.

pulling a redshirt on a kid like Lovett is not out of character for Manning and I think it’s the right move for his program.

1 minute ago, WF89 said:

pulling a redshirt on a kid like Lovett is not out of character for Manning and I think it’s the right move for his program.

Its not out of character, but as feeble minded message board warrior, I question whether some of those in the past were the right call either. 

32 minutes ago, HuskerMac said:

Penn State just did

Cael Sanderson spoke in the pre dual meet interview as much as he will ever on this subject. He said that PSU "needed" another scorer this year, so he felt that pulling Brooks' shirt now was the best approach. He also said Rasheed and Conel are at 197 and hopefully PSU will have a high scorer there.